• KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Oh. It’s a common name for sure. I’m just sayin’.

To be on that list, you have to be rich and influential. It’s not just any old John Roberts.
    Probably one of the names Slick Willie used after ditching his Secret Service detail.

xwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Greene County
    But I think/hope this is an opportunity for these corporations to step back, reassess the stickiness of getting involved in these unresolved social issues, and maybe, for once, say, "You know what? Many people feel many different ways on this, and we just don't particularly see the need for The Corporation to take a position on this issue at this time." That could be huge. The Outrage Squad would scream themselves into a little puddle of butt-sweat if Corporate America couldn't be coerced into joining their fight.

If Corporate America stayed neutral, I could absolutely see legislatures like Indiana's putting in a fairly strong anti-abortion law. But that's a huge "If." We are in a political moment now which is very much like the one when companies ceased political donations after the Jan. 6 riots. They are going to have to decide what their position is on this. Corporations are the weakest link of modern society when it comes to social issues, and liberals know that. If corporations cave, it will probably go down much like you describe.

I wish you were right; but you're dreaming. I work in corporate America. The companies are full-on-woke, putting out messages (both internally to employees and externally) completely advocating for left-wing causes and disparaging conservative causes. With the stranglehold the left has on the media, schools and big tech, it's not going to change.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    . . .

But I think/hope this is an opportunity for these corporations to step back, reassess the stickiness of getting involved in these unresolved social issues, and maybe, for once, say, "You know what? Many people feel many different ways on this, and we just don't particularly see the need for The Corporation to take a position on this issue at this time." That could be huge. The Outrage Squad would scream themselves into a little puddle of butt-sweat if Corporate America couldn't be coerced into joining their fight.

If Corporate America stayed neutral, I could absolutely see legislatures like Indiana's putting in a fairly strong anti-abortion law. But that's a huge "If." We are in a political moment now which is very much like the one when companies ceased political donations after the Jan. 6 riots. They are going to have to decide what their position is on this. Corporations are the weakest link of modern society when it comes to social issues, and liberals know that. If corporations cave, it will probably go down much like you describe.
    I has actually begun.

A Week of Lib Losses in the Culture War Conservative victories against Netflix, Disney, Subway, and more.
    On the Netflix front, the troubled media giant unceremoniously canceled former royal ingrate Meghan Markle’s multimillion-dollar animated dream project, Pearl — more of a woke nightmare.
    Meanwhile, on the Disney front, the Mouse House fired its new Chief Corporate Affairs Officer Geoff Morrell after just a few months on the job. Morrell appears to be the sacrificial lamb of Disney’s recent woes, caused by its arrogant injection of woke values into politics in the wrong state, Florida, and against the wrong governor, Ron DeSantis.
    It may be too late for Subway. Last year, the sandwich franchise made the stupid decision to make unpleasant, unattractive, anti-American, anti-man women’s soccer “star” Megan Rapinoe their TV spokeswoman.
    The New York Post on Thursday reported abysmal 2021 numbers for the chain. Subway had to close 1,043 outlets, reducing its footprint by nearly 5 percent.
    Sony Pictures took the hint, noting the changing political winds. The studio remarkably rejected China’s demand to remove the Statue of Liberty from the action climax in Spiderman: No Way Home ahead of its release in that country.
    And if Andrew Breitbart was right and politics is downstream from culture, the red tide will only rise. And whatever ruin it wreaks on the left, your humble culture war correspondent will be there to report it.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    It may be too late for Subway. Last year, the sandwich franchise made the stupid decision to make unpleasant, unattractive, anti-American, anti-man women’s soccer “star” Megan Rapinoe their TV spokeswoman.
    The New York Post on Thursday reported abysmal 2021 numbers for the chain. Subway had to close 1,043 outlets, reducing its footprint by nearly 5 percent.
    I doubt she had anything to do with the closings. That is much more likely Covid related.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    I doubt she had anything to do with the closings. That is much more likely Covid related.
    Read the article.
    Not only did her team fail to win Olympic gold in China, her selection outraged patriots and family heads — Subway’s customer base — and consequently franchise owners. Many were incensed by one particularly insipid commercial in which Rapinoe kicks a soccer ball at a man, knocking a burrito out of his hand.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Read the article.
    Yeah, I am sure that caused enough people to stop eating Subway that they had to close over 1,000 stores, not the lack of people to work them or being able to even go to one. If there had been no Covid and lockdowns, I might have bought the correlation. With all of the Covid lockdowns, nah.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    Except I haven't heard of any other FF francises that lost that many locations in one year.

You may be right though, It's is hard to say the exact reason. I assume the author of the article researched the numbers and compared. American Spectator usually backs up their writing with links to evidence but not in this case.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Yeah, I am sure that caused enough people to stop eating Subway that they had to close over 1,000 stores, not the lack of people to work them or being able to even go to one. If there had been no Covid and lockdowns, I might have bought the correlation. With all of the Covid lockdowns, nah.
    My not patronizing Subway has nothing to do with Rapinoe. I don't go there because I like meat on my sammiches.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    yeah, as much as I would love to pin this on that harpy, I dont think we can. I cant say Ive actually seen any ads with her in the world.

Im sure being one of the higher priced, more unique chains had something to do with how they performed in the crisis. Probably more than this PR issue.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    yeah, as much as I would love to pin this on that harpy, I dont think we can. I cant say Ive actually seen any ads with her in the world.

Im sure being one of the higher priced, more unique chains had something to do with how they performed in the crisis. Probably more than this PR issue.
    I saw the ads last year (I think). Haven't seen them in awhile now though. Now Charles Barkley and some other athletes are hawking for them.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    My not patronizing Subway has nothing to do with Rapinoe.
    But it still was a dumb choice because I do not see the hoes admirers being Subway customers. I often think that that what the customer likes is a distant thought, if a thought at all, and it is more what the ad people like.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom