• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • protongun

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    of you fine folks that made it to the indy 1500 Friday/today, did you see many ruger LCPs for sale? How much they goin for at the show? I am thinkin hard about goin early tomorrow morning (from Bloomington) if theres a good chance that i could pick a new one up for less than $350
    thanks in advance....by the way everyone should go see Gran Torino and then go by a 1911 if they dont have one!

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    It's impossible to get anywhere near any of the tables selling handguns.

That said, the few guns I was able to get near were generally overpriced. I didn't see any LCP's.

coltaceguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Indiana
    I saw an older MILF type lady buy a ruger LCP in the main room, first row, all the way back from the guy selling ONLY HANDGUNS. It was his last one at $349 or so he told her.

Other then that, I didn't see any sitting out for sale.

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    LCP Dealer Cost

I am on the back order list for one or two and the last I looked dealer pricing is $239 and suggested retail is $347.00. Sounds like they are high but not out of sight considering you can't find them. Those of you that already have one how do you like it? Sounds real light to carry but how does it shoot? Considering it is a 380 I wonder how it kicks; my S&W Sigma 380 used to bother my hand after a box of shells.

Last edited:

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    I am on the back order list for one or two and the last I looked dealer pricing is $239 and suggested retail is $347.00. Sounds like they are high but not out of sight considering you can't find them. Those of you that already have one how do you like it? Sounds real light to carry but how does it shoot? Considering it is a 380 I wonder how it kicks; my S&W Sigma 380 used to bother my hand after a box of shells.

I love my LCP. I love in for its size & weight primarily, but I also appreciate that it shoots great out to 20 yards and that it is flawless in its function. I do have a post recall model and I did do the obligatory ramp and throat polish. It absolutely loves Ranter T's (Talons), Speer Gold Dots, PMC Gold Starfires and even WWB ammo.

Now, down to the question of kick... IT KICKS LIKE A MULE! Since the gun is so small and light, there is nothing to absorb recoil between the muzzle and your hand. You do have to adjust your grip on the little beast, but it really is manegable... Come on we are just talking about .380 ammo here. It has a SAAMI pressure spec of 21,500 max psi. If this were chambered for a 9mm Luger, the pressure would be 35,000 to 38,500 psi. Now that would be a KICK. Maybe that's why they don't make a 9mm Luger version.

I would imagine that since the Sigma 38o and LCP are similar in weight and size, that the experienced recoil would be about the same.

My little beast:
    mylcpin1.jpg

Last edited:

jburns89

Marksman
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Oct 19, 2008
    New Castle, IN
    When i pull slide back it seems to have a lot of retention. is there anything that can be done to reduce it? Takes a lot more force for it than my glock or smith and wesson.

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    Because the gun is so small, you have to absorb all the power of the round in a small distance and with a light slide. This means a stiff spring. It is fairly tough to pull the slide back. No way to really get around that without changing physics.

Flaregun

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Greenwood
    I saw a few of each, a buddy picked up a P3AT, but we had found them by about 2:15 on Friday. I doubt many were left on Saturday morning.

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    However I also had 2 FTF rounds, but I re-chambered and they then fired. Is this the gun or the ammo??

Most likely either the gun or shooter. First thing I do is manually rack the slide over 100 times. Then clean and lube the slide. This works off any rough edges that will impede the slide from going back.

Also work on pulling with the front hand and pushing with the back to make a tight grip to securely hold the gun. A limp wrist can cause FTF on the P3AT or LCP every time.

If you still have issues, polish the feed ramp and do a search on ktog.org forums for fluff and buff.

Top Bottom