• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    Will be there Saturday. Have my shopping/wish list ready. The night shoot is worth the trip, even if I come up empty on list. Good fun, lots of stuff to see, & great fiery explosions!

Cerberus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2011
    Floyd County
    I will second the Friday suggestion if you can swing it. This year I can't swing it so I'll be there on Saturday. I've been to the shoot in the past on both Fridays and Saturdays and no need to fret too much about stuff to buy. If you got any unwanted firearms related goodies bring them to sell, I've not come home with too much stuff that I've taken to sell in the past. This year I'll be taking 200 rounds of Australian NATO spec 7.62x51 ammo, and some FAL mags for the once intended FAL that failed to materialize. I may even take the M3 mags I've had for decades to sell.

If you've not been to this shoot in the past, here are a few pointers.
    1. Arrive early, there will be a line for parking, sometimes up to an hour.
    2. Wear comfortable shoes that are good for any type of weather.
    3. Bring a jacket and poncho, keep in the vehicle if it's warm and sunny.
    4. Bring a pack of some sort if you intend on buy or selling anything.
    5. Be prepared to walk, A LOT!!!!
    6. Be prepared for very large crowds in a small area.
    7. Of utmost importance, do not forget hearing protection.
    8. Bring fluids and snacks. This is one of the ways a pack is handy.

Is there an INGO members meeting spot/time planned for either day?

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    I will second the Friday suggestion if you can swing it. This year I can't swing it so I'll be there on Saturday. I've been to the shoot in the past on both Fridays and Saturdays and no need to fret too much about stuff to buy. If you got any unwanted firearms related goodies bring them to sell, I've not come home with too much stuff that I've taken to sell in the past. This year I'll be taking 200 rounds of Australian NATO spec 7.62x51 ammo, and some FAL mags for the once intended FAL that failed to materialize. I may even take the M3 mags I've had for decades to sell.

If you've not been to this shoot in the past, here are a few pointers.
    1. Arrive early, there will be a line for parking, sometimes up to an hour.
    2. Wear comfortable shoes that are good for any type of weather.
    3. Bring a jacket and poncho, keep in the vehicle if it's warm and sunny.
    4. Bring a pack of some sort if you intend on buy or selling anything.
    5. Be prepared to walk, A LOT!!!!
    6. Be prepared for very large crowds in a small area.
    7. Of utmost importance, do not forget hearing protection.
    8. Bring fluids and snacks. This is one of the ways a pack is handy.

Is there an INGO members meeting spot/time planned for either day?

More good advice.
    Anybody still wanting to meet up on Friday? Say front corner of the bunker as you walk in, around noon?
    https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msi...ll=38.008204,-85.902244&spn=0.001042,0.002642

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    a couple friends and i had plans to go down but it fell through. how was it?

I went Friday was disappointed. The shoot was o.k., but the crowd was, well, probably the worst I've ever had to deal with at a gunshow. Rude, inconsiderate, and just plain full of asshats. How bad was the crowd? I've got a knot on the back of my head from a Garand muzzle and a bruise on my thigh from being knocked into a table by a 350 lb. tacticool mall ninja wannabe. Also, seems like there is getting to be more and more cheap Chinese made junk and crappy repro stuff. Most prices weren't bad, but not much in the way real deals either. Because of the crowd I got fed up and left by 11:30.

hf3787

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Great place to buy military gun parts, ammunition and accessories. Most items seem to be geared to military and automatic weapons. They have a very nice gun shop too. Just make sure that you keep your "special" transactons legal.
    It's a fun place to go to. Be sure to bring hearing protection. When the main line goes "HOT" the noise is almost unbearable.
    Have fun: Mike

03A3

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Shaker Prairie
    I guess Fridays at Knob Creek aren't what they used to be. It is different overall than it was in years past. I'll probably still go though when I get the opportunity.

John are you on a hill in Tobin Township?

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    I went Friday was disappointed. The shoot was o.k., but the crowd was, well, probably the worst I've ever had to deal with at a gunshow. Rude, inconsiderate, and just plain full of asshats. How bad was the crowd? I've got a knot on the back of my head from a Garand muzzle and a bruise on my thigh from being knocked into a table by a 350 lb. tacticool mall ninja wannabe. Also, seems like there is getting to be more and more cheap Chinese made junk and crappy repro stuff. Most prices weren't bad, but not much in the way real deals either. Because of the crowd I got fed up and left by 11:30.

Where else can you find a 12ga Sound Suppressor, a Belt-Fed AR Upper and a spare FNC Lower all in the same space. Not to mention an endless array of full-auto toys to shoot, buy or just fondle. :dunno:

God I miss the Knob.....

caverjamie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    Dubois Co.
    I went for the first time on Saturday along with a few friends. I was told the night shoot was a highlight, so we got there around 5pm. Unfortunately, we got to the lower range, there was no time to rent a machine gun. But, at least I saved money that way. The crowd was as bad as I feared. I dislike large crowds of people...however the night shoot was worth it.

I took some video...need to edit it and post it on youtube sometime.

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    Went Saturday, wife's first visit, she liked it. Crowds were worst I've seen, been going since ~2005. Agree with poster above, the ratio of butt-crumpets was very high this year. It's always a but of a hassle getting out of the parking lots, but normally "you go, I go, you go, etc".. This year a free for all, dang we're becoming crappy, took almost an hour to get out of lower lot.

Picked up some 9mm Colt style mags for AR, some jerky (jerky @ a gun show, shocking I know), that's about it. Ammo is priced OK there, but nothing I can't beat/match online. Carrying just 500 rnds of .308 can get heavy after several hundred yards, having it delivered to my front door***not so heavy.

Night shoot & people watching make it fun, I'm not well versed in all the military arms stuff there so normally just glance around.

PS: if you go, & make it the fence for a good view, & some kid is close, but can't see, how bout letting them in front of you, my God, you're a grown man! Like I said, butt-crumpets!

762minigun

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indianapolis SS BG

I went on Friday. Plenty of real deals there. Some even smoking. Gotta cover a lot of ground fast, or you will miss them. You got the same asshats at the 1500 that you do at the Knob. You can easily spot them they're always carrying a huge 3 day tacticool back pack knocking into everyone.

Top Bottom