• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Redskinsfan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I did not like the Bond movies as others have. I remember watching one at the theatre with my best friend, he thought it was so great, I thought it was ridiculous. It is a fantasy I know that, but I think it has to be a little believable to entertaining and I did not find it at all believable.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    It may have already been said but the Bond movies have lost some of the attraction now due to the technology boom. When I was a kid I thought the coolest thing in the world was the Bond gadgets. I had to wait for the movies to be played on television (there was no need to say "Network television" back then there was just television) so they would edit out all the "adult" stuff per my mom.
    Now a days they can't really put gadgets in a movie that you can't buy at the store, if they do then it is something that is totally not realistic. They have somewhat successfully changed the movies character to include more general tough smart spy stuff and less gadgets to accommodate this.

My point is, even if you go back and watch them from the beginning, the WOW factor of the gadgets will be gone due to the era you are watching them in in my opinion.

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    I know who the guy is, but I've never seen even one of the movies. Am I really missing anything? Should I get a package set and try to catch up? I really like the preview for the new one coming out and thought about trying to see them all over Christmas break or something. How many movies are we talking about?

i have not stopped crying since i read this.......... :(

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I thought that the early movies were imaginative for the time.

Neat-o gadgets, cars, guns, bad guys and I was a little young to appreciate the sexy ladies in the movies - but the women were just novelty gimmicks if you think about it.

I don't consider it a classic series now. I doubt I'd invest in the box set unless it was very inexpensive.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I'll be able to watch them all, allowing my mind to travel back to the decade in which the movie was made. That seems like the fun part to me.

Top Bottom