Its not our imagination. FB *IS* playing us.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

..................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    So the evil FB corporation playbook is as follows:
    1. Bad story comes out from a FB whistleblower.
    2. Accidentally let FB website get shut down.
    3. Frustrated FB users cannot discuss the bad story for ## hours.
    4. Frustrated FB users cannot feed their addiction (*) and realize how much they miss FB.
    5. FB website is miraculously restored a day later.
    6. FB users are so happy to get their FB "fix" they forget about bad story.
    7. FB continues cashing checks and their wallet gets fatter.

(*) This would be like telling a chain smoker that tobacco will kill them and showing them horrific photos of their impending death. Then taking away their cigarettes for a day. When you give them a new carton of cigarettes they will be thrilled and could care less about their impending horrific death.

It wasn't just letting the FB site go down, the entire domain was erased from DNS.

I had to chuckle when I read that all of the doors at FB HQ are controlled by keycards, which are authenticated by their servers, so none of the employees could get in the building because they couldn't open the doors.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    But more INGO-specific.....when she talks about rampant misinformation, I sense that there are those here who would not like the specifics of what she is referring to.
    It's almost like I know what I'm talking about.

FWIW

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    It made me so mad I was going to delete my account. Then I remembered I didn't have one.

I wonder if anyone starved to death since they didn't know how to eat without uploading a photo of the food first? Were cats still doing cat stuff?

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    It's almost like I know what I'm talking about.

You're just buying into the hysteria that the website was actually down. It was all a giant hoax and everyone who says they couldn't log in was in on it. Screenshots were all doctored. Nobody actually lost their minutes of FB time.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Who knows...but whatever the whistle-blower had to say (and yes, I watched and listened to what she had to say) wasn't going to cause a hiccup in their operation anyway, so this seems far fetched. The ONLY thing that Facebook cares about related to the whistleblower is possible government regulation, not a reaction from the users. it's not like this was the first negative story.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    It made me so mad I was going to delete my account. Then I remembered I didn't have one.

I wonder if anyone starved to death since they didn't know how to eat without uploading a photo of the food first? Were cats still doing cat stuff?
    People sure made it seem like the internet was going to go down and we’d be back in the Stone Age. I had no idea it was down, I don’t use it, but I’d hate for someone to lose the ability to post their Olive Garden lunch.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I've seen that posted, but for the life of me I can't imagine why a leftist activist would be going after... a leftist activist company.

Edit: But I generally avoid anything having to do with FB.

Top Bottom