Its not our imagination. FB *IS* playing us.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    FB is deliberately fomenting strife for the benefit of their bottom line.

Now who else are they helping profit, gain political power, etc?

Mods feel free to move this at will when it turns political.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    And it’s not even that they’re gaming us. They’re just giving us what we want. We are drawn to drama, so they let the algorithm give it to us so we spend more time scrolling.

eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    And it’s not even that they’re gaming us. They’re just giving us what we want. We are drawn to drama, so they let the algorithm give it to us so we spend more time scrolling.

I'm not really trying to be argumentative--too early and not enough coffee to even consider that. But... if that's ALL they're doing, why do they seem to selectively censor pro-2A topics, anti-Rona topics, etc? I would think those could lead to "drama" that would pull people in as well???

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I'm not really trying to be argumentative--too early and not enough coffee to even consider that. But... if that's ALL they're doing, why do they seem to selectively censor pro-2A topics, anti-Rona topics, etc? I would think those could lead to "drama" that would pull people in as well???
    Oh they probably do that too. As far as what the whistleblower claimed though, they’re just letting us have the negativity we seem to want.

Edit: I didn’t read the article, but I watched the interview with the whistleblower on “60 Minutes” last night.

Last edited:

cam4usa

Veteran
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 24, 2020
    Delaware County, IN
    There was once a time when majority realized the power they had over businesses. When the few would try to leverage their position of power the mass would organize a good old fashion boycott. Today if we tried to organize that against FB we would have to take to FB… I can see it now: “#boycottFB post and retweet y’all!”

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    If a any service costs you money, it is a product for your use.

If a service costs you nothing, it is bait, and you are the product for others use.

I still don't know why we pay for cable TV that has the same commercials as free TV.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Censorship?

Again...they’re giving the people what they want.
    Sure. Are they fomenting discord by putting the more controversial/divisive stuff up from? Probably, but as you said, it's apparently what people want.

But more INGO-specific.....when she talks about rampant misinformation, I sense that there are those here who would not like the specifics of what she is referring to.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    In the same vein, watch "The Social Dilemma" on Netflix and understand that YOU are the product. Everyone is competing for how much of your potential "eyeball time" they can capture.

Make monetizing your data, and data about you, unlawful; and there might be hope is reducing the damage being wrought by Social Media companies.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    FB is deliberately fomenting strife for the benefit of their bottom line.

That is how the media works, and social media is still media. How long have I been beating that drum here? The media loves controversy because you'll watch it. Then you'll talk about it, which will get others to watch it. The media even covers the media so you can see what controversy other media has created so you can be outraged second hand.

This is how the 24 hour news cycle mints money, and it doesn't matter how much it damages society. They get theirs and their consumers get their daily fix of outrage and offense.

Top Bottom