• ...and so much more!
  • DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Ruger & Chief

Here's Ruger (German Shepherd) as a pup.
    standard.jpg

He did grow into the ears. Note the dates.

standard.jpg

Here's Ruger and his step-brother Chief (Siberian Husky) with the wife's stuffed prairie dog. (532 yards BTW) They were a little "suspicious".

standard.jpg

trusite

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2008
    The Break Room
    Here's Ruger (German Shepherd) as a pup.
    standard.jpg

He did grow into the ears. Note the dates.

standard.jpg

Here's Ruger and his step-brother Chief (Siberian Husky) with the wife's stuffed prairie dog. (532 yards BTW) They were a little "suspicious".

standard.jpg

LOL i thought you really had a pet prairie dog when i first saw the picture.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    He's sort of a pet

Lots of people have seen that photo and thought we brought one home alive. No chance of that :) but the taxidermist did a good job! The p dog sits on top of a bookcase for safe keeping. Every now and then Ruger will stand there and look up at it with his head cocked to one side like he's trying to decide what that thing is doing up there. It was killed by a 45 gr HP from a .223 Howa. At 532 yards the bullet was just about out of steam...........there was no exit wound!

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    W9ZEB,

Our dogs do look a lot alike. We got our Boston, Squirt near Salem, and like I said it was a year ago. Could it be that George and Squirt are relatives?

RogerB

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2008
    New Palestine
    Digging this thread out of the archives.... We have a new addition to our household as of tomorrow afternoon. Indy a 1 year old Shepard/Boxer mix will be coming to his new home.

Anyway, here's my new dog :): :thumbsup:

OKay some time has past and Indy has adapted very well to his new home. However we felt it necessary to get him a buddy to play with. So in tradition of the forum...

:welcome: to Anna...she's a 3 month old Boxer/Beagle mix, she has some growing to do before they'll be able to play at full speed. She should get about half the size of Indy.

We thought it funny to name her Anna, besides she struck us as an Anna. But now our neighbors probably think "Man those guys are HUGE IU fans, their constantly calling out INDIANA!" lol

Indy and his new friend Anna:

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    W9ZEB,

Our dogs do look a lot alike. We got our Boston, Squirt near Salem, and like I said it was a year ago. Could it be that George and Squirt are relatives?
    Possible, but unlikely. We rescued George from a small local pet store down the street from our house when we moved in five years ago (I say "rescued" because when we bought him, the owner said they had been debating sending him back to their "supplier" because he'd been at the store for about three months -- yay for our spontaneous decision to stop at the pet shop that night!). The pet store is no longer there; it closed about a year later. Although the very kind owner swore up and down she didn't buy her dogs from puppy mills, we still have our doubts. She probably just didn't realize it. We never did get the AKC papers they swore they had for him. :rolleyes: He's a good (when he wants to be), little, rambunctious pup for us, though. :D

OKay some time has past and Indy has adapted very well to his new home. However we felt it necessary to get him a buddy to play with. So in tradition of the forum...

:welcome: to Anna...she's a 3 month old Boxer/Beagle mix, she has some growing to do before they'll be able to play at full speed. She should get about half the size of Indy.

We thought it funny to name her Anna, besides she struck us as an Anna. But now our neighbors probably think "Man those guys are HUGE IU fans, their constantly calling out INDIANA!" lol

Indy and his new friend Anna:

Welcome, Anna!!! She looks adorable! :D

Turtle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    INDY

joker7037

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Our yougest just a year old. Shaylee our white boxer.
    0627081042a.jpg

Hershey our "big" boy, is a choclate lab boxer mix, more lab than anything.
    He weighs more than my two boxers together.
    0627081055.jpg

Daddy's girl 3.5 year old brindle boxer, Jhosie.
    IMAGE_132.jpg

All three of our "kids".
    0724081218.jpg

Jhosie waiting to go inside. Not sure what she's thinking some times. (video)

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    Such a pretty dog...Beautiful color.

Have you had any thoughts on getting a new puppy yet?

No not yet!! just not ready to replace Ruby.she was such a smart dog, I spent allot of time with her and trained her well when she was a puppy, she was kinda like my kid all I had to do is talk to her and she would do anything I asked of her, great friend and a great protector for our home!! :)

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    1776Defend2ndAmend
    Top Bottom