Was it this one?

smokey_and_the_bandit_movie.jpg

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    I read SOMEWHERE (honestly don't remember) that they are turning cars seized in drug busts and other means to become undercover cars. That's probably what happened here.

rjstamp

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Do they have a new speed detection devise thats not detected by a radar detector...I went by a trooper the other day with my detector on and he had a radar gun in his hand pointing it but my system didn't detect it. He pulled another car over as soon as I passed?

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Do they have a new speed detection devise thats not detected by a radar detector...I went by a trooper the other day with my detector on and he had a radar gun in his hand pointing it but my system didn't detect it. He pulled another car over as soon as I passed?

I think a laser needs to be pointed directly at you. It might have been an instant on/off gun too. Not up to date on the equipment though, could be totally wrong.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Laser... it has to pointed directly at you (AFAIK they have cross-hairs for proper aiming) and the light emitted from it doesn't scatter much so your detector won't go off unless the laser bean hits the detectors sensor (that if your detector even has a laser detector on it).

Unfortunately it's one of the few sources that can't be detected period until it's pretty much too late, fortunately it's fairly easy to get out of the ticket because most police don't use them properly and most departments can't afford to buy them because they're only used when the officer is stationary.

22lr

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Jeff Gordon Country
    If it aint a Charger, Impala, or Crown-vic im calling dispatch to confirm the officers car before I pull over. A yellow TA........ ya im not stopping until a marked unit responds.

gohard43

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 16, 2010
    Northside Indy
    Forgot to include Mustang :)

Whats the correct number for dispatch again? Isn't it something like *88 or #something ??

During the day I would probably pull over, but at night if I don't recognize the headlights of an Impala,charger or crown vic and it doesn't have a light bar on top I may be a little iffy and call dispatch.

Lobo

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2010
    Are you sure it was a Trans Am? Geez, those things haven't been manufactured since around 2002 or so. Might have been a seizure vehicle, but I'd be leery of pulling over for a yellow Trans Am unless I could see a uniformed officer inside.

ISP really takes this speeding BS too seriously. If you have to hide in a Trans Am to catch people, it's obviously not that big of a problem. People who are driving recklessly are the problem, not people going 70 in a 55 on a modern 4 lane interstate where everyone else is going 70 mph. I guess the state does need its revenue, though. :rolleyes:

Ask a trooper about ticket quotas, and he will say there are no such things. Ask him about "performance standards," and watch him squirm.

dgiancola

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2010
    Lafayette area

HE WAS MOST LIKELY USING THE HOLD FEATURE ON HIS RADAR..DOESNT SEND OUT A FREQUENCY UNTIL HE PRESSES A BUTTON AND THEN HE CAN LET OFF THE BUTTON AND HAVE SPEED LOCKED...ALL FASTER THAN YOUR DETECTOR CAN PICK IT UP...TROOPERS IM MY DISTRICT DONT HAVE LASER....BUT IF IT WAS LASER MOST LIKELY YOUR DETECTOR WONT EVEN PICK IT UP...

Top Bottom