• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Aggar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    Kirklin
    I've beens seeing a gray and a blue newer mustangs pulling people over on 65 inside 465 generally around 38th st. The state troopers have taken over the dot inspections. Can't identify them as easily anymore. Used to be light blue crown vics with a different logo on the door or and older Buick roadmaster wagon to carry their creepers and scales.

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    Around Columbus/Taylorsville/Edinburgh on US31 I have been seeing a newer red Mustang and a late '90s F150 pulling people over. They are State Police. The mustang is a dark red. The F150 is a silver/gray supercab and has a bed cover on it. They seem to be pulling lots and lots of people over. In the last few weeks, I'd guess I have seen a total of 9-10 people pulled over on my way to and from work. I seem to remember there being another "undercover" vehicle used, but for the life of me I can not remember what it is. Watch you speeds in these areas.

There's also a silver or dark grey new mustang, but usually patrols Southern Crossing and SR 31 south towards Seymour... I've seen the maroon Mustang also, but not the F-150...

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    It was either instant-on radar, or laser. If it's laser, your detector won't go off until it's too late, and he's got you. If it's instant-on, as long as you're not the first vehicle, you have a good chance to know it's there. For example, if there's a car a half mile ahead of you, and the cop hits it with instant-on radar, your detector SHOULD detect that radar burst. As long as it's a quality detector, of course.

If they are using a quality radar unit it will also have fast track. It picks up the strongest target as well as the fastest,all at the same time. As far as Laser our Laser units have a 18" beam at 1000' yards. Most detectors will not even pick them up unless the Laser operator is shaky. IMO Laser is a PITA to use. Some types of illuminated headlights jack with them and you have to aim them like a rifle. Ours even have detachable stocks. Laser is the easiest ticket to win in court. There is zero guess work with them.:twocents:

mike4sigs

Master
    Rating - 94.7%
    36   2   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Southern Adams County
    Are you sure it was a Trans Am? Geez, those things haven't been manufactured since around 2002 or so. Might have been a seizure vehicle, but I'd be leery of pulling over for a yellow Trans Am unless I could see a uniformed officer inside.

I agree with lobo !
    and i beleive(I think i read this searching a indiana code once) in the state of Indiana we dont legally have to pull over for an unmarked car unless we see a uniform !??

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    There's the big SUV (Yukon, Suburban, Expedition / -cursion) with the blacked out windows and GIANT rims that patrols up on the northside of 465.

I gotta believe, with all of the constant warnings about the nuts who pose as a cop to stop people, that eventually the State is going to get hit by a civil suit from a victim's family. The State desensitizes folks to what vehicles they should actually yield to by using everything from undercover gangsta utes to muscle cars.

Scenario: Woman stops for a guy in a S10 with a flashing blue light on a lonely road. Raped. Why did she stop? She got a ticket from the blacked-out-window, giant-rimmed-SUV the day before. Most folks do *NOT* have the presence of mind to call 911 to confirm the identity of the undercover car; they've been conditioned to respond immediately and without question to perceived law enforcement.

I don't have a problem with undercover vehicles for criminal investigations. For traffic enforcement? That's crap.

Last edited:

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    There's the big SUV (Yukon, Suburban, Expedition / -cursion) with the blacked out windows and GIANT rims that patrols up on the northside of 465.

I gotta believe, with all of the constant warnings about the nuts who pose as a cop to stop people, that eventually the State is going to get hit by a civil suit from a victim's family. The State desensitizes folks to what vehicles they should actually yield to by using everything from undercover gangsta utes to muscle cars.

Scenario: Woman stops for a guy in a S10 with a flashing blue light on a lonely road. Raped. Why did she stop? She got a ticket from the blacked-out-window, giant-rimmed-SUV the day before. Most folks do *NOT* have the presence of mind to call 911 to confirm the identity of the undercover car; they've been conditioned to respond immediately and without question to perceived law enforcement.

I don't have a problem with undercover vehicles for criminal investigations. For traffic enforcement? That's crap.

Civil suit for what? The not pulling over for a unmarked car is a whole lot of hype,especially for a grown man. Unmarked cars is THE way to do traffic enforcement.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom