• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    And now about $1,869.49 & $25.36. I think gold will settle down some but I hope silver is beginning a moderate run. Crazy that the cheapest 1oz round is over $29 when buying 20 or more.
    So I want to pick up another gold coin, but not in a hurry. For you metal hounds what is a good price point to watch for? My gut is telling me spot anywhere between $1,800 and $1,850 would be a good number.

76Too

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Dec 9, 2019
    Just Passing Through
    So I want to pick up another gold coin, but not in a hurry. For you metal hounds what is a good price point to watch for? My gut is telling me spot anywhere between $1,800 and $1,850 would be a good number.
    Get what you can while you can afford it (at any price).

News from China on Evergrande’s potential default on loans is signaling possible meltdown.

I’m 39 and don’t trust crypto...so I guess I’m just old school. I’m not stacking precious metals deep at all, but hopefully have enough physically on hand to get through any transition period if a meltdown occurs.

As the saying goes...the best time to buy was yesterday, but the next best day is today!

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    $23.64 spot today on silver.

As far as the China Evergrande disaster goes I've heard a few economists talk about it and the consensus among them was that they way the chinese government is setup the collapse will be much more controlled since it's not like what happened in the US with the Lehman Brothers. Great time to watch the movie, "The Big Short" again just as a refresher.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    372   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Some decent black Friday deals. Best I found was at APMEX: 1 oz Buffalo rounds at $1.49 over spot (sold out), and ( Fine Mint bars, 100g to 100oz, $1.29 over spot.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I thought about getting some 1 gram secondary market gold bars from APMEX, advertised at 9.99 over spot... per bar! It was 67.87 per gram which came out to 1924.11/oz. I passed, even though I was only going to order 3 to get free shipping. :):

tim87tr

Freedom lover
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Eastern IL
    Was looking on JM Bullion. Am I missing something here?....Kilo bars silver are $850, 35.27 oz is $24.10/oz. A 100oz bar is still $26.00/oz.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    372   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Well now that $1.29 over spot Black Friday purchase ain't looking so great.

ETA: checked the prices on 10oz bars and I am still below current so yay.

JeepHammer

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2018
    SW Indiana
    Started on 06-Mar-2010

Anyone seen those $1,000-$1,500 silver prices?

Still junk silver around here for silver soldering and such, but since my education isn't in commodities speculation (with someone else's money) I believe I'll stick with what I know...

There is a crap ton of copper, zinc, lead, etc scrap...
    Copper & zinc makes brass.
    Copper & tin makes bronze.

I do smelt & cast, which is something I actually know about.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    As much as I'd like to see the prices of silver change, I also think that'd be joined at the hip to something more destructive to our nations economy than anyone alive has ever witnessed. I'm ok if the gold/silver ratio never gets back to where it has been historically, and I'm fine with having a precious metals just as an insurance policy. I'm actually excited to buy a little more just to see how far I can jinx the price down to.

Every year I buy a silver eagle for that year for each of my kids. They've got one for every year they've been alive, and it's the start of their own insurance policy.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    Started on 06-Mar-2010

Anyone seen those $1,000-$1,500 silver prices?

Still junk silver around here for silver soldering and such, but since my education isn't in commodities speculation (with someone else's money) I believe I'll stick with what I know...

There is a crap ton of copper, zinc, lead, etc scrap...
    Copper & zinc makes brass.
    Copper & tin makes bronze.

I do smelt & cast, which is something I actually know about.
    wtf-christian-bale.gif

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    benw
    Top Bottom