Is our President going to take our guns?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • longbarrel

Expert
    Rating - 91.7%
    22   2   0
    Nov 1, 2008
    Central Indiana
    I was just wondering what everyone's thoughts were. The reason I wonder this is because he has not really done anything to this point and we have a liberal congress and they have not really done anything either. I just wonder what some of the more seasoned people's thoughts on this topic are.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    They're biding their time. They've already gone on record as saying that they're just waiting for the right time.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I doubt they will try it going into 2010. After things sort themselves, his administration will have to think about 2012 - and if he even has the time or support to push it before hand.

After 2012 all bets are off. If he's reelected we're toast.

Bubba

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Rensselaer
    The reason I wonder this is because he has not really done anything to this point and we have a liberal congress and they have not really done anything either.
    An excerpt of something a wrote a few weeks ago, as part of another conversation. Many of the bills mentioned have died or are expected to die in committee, but introducing an anti-gun bill is still doing somthing.
    me said:
    No gun laws being addressed in Congress? Really? How about H.R. 2159, introduced 4/29/09 by Peter King (and its corollary S. 1317 introduced 6/22/09 by Frank Lautenberg) that would allow the Attorney General to deny the right to purchase firearms, and also to revoke state-issued firearm licenses, to anyone s/he determines "might" be a terrorist, without due process, and includes a provision that the AG doesn't have to disclose the reason for denial. Or how about H.R. 2401, introduced 5/13/09 by Carolyn McCarthy, which would deny the ability to purchase a firearm to anyone on the TSA "no-fly" list. A list famous for falsely accusing law abiding citizens of being a terrorist, and denying them the right to know why and by whom they are accused. And most notoriously, H.R. 45, introduced 1/6/09 by Bobby Rush, which would prohibit gun ownership unless one has a federal license, establishes federal registration of all gun sales or transfers (widely feared among the gun community as the necessary first step to an all-out ban and confiscation program), and effectively bans a self-defense firearm in homes with children.

No changes in our right to keep and bear arms mentioned? So I should ignore Dianne Feinstein’s comments to 60 Minutes reporter Leslie Stahl when, asked about whether a gun ban would take priority she answered “I wouldn’t bring it up now.” But when pressed on whether it would appear at all she said “I’ll pick the time and place. No question about that.” Or off the Hill I should ignore the appointment of Arne Duncan to Secretary of Education. The same Mr. Duncan who won the 2008 “Man of the Year” award from an Illinois gun-ban group. The same Mr. Duncan who calls gun ownership a “public health epidemic” and states that “we know the cure… getting rid of guns.” Perhaps I should also ignore the appointment of Eric Holder to U.S. Attorney General. The same Mr. Holder who signed an amicus brief in 2008 in the SCOTUS case of Heller v. District of Columbia supporting the District’s ban on use of any firearm for self defense, even at home. The same Mr. Holder who opined in a 2000 oral argument in the 5th circuit case of U.S. v. Emerson that the Second Amendment was no barrier to gun confiscation. The same Mr. Holder who stated on 2/25/09 that “… there are just a few gun-related changes that we would like to make, and among them would be to reinstate the ban on the sale of assault weapons.” A ban, incidentally, that prohibited weapons based largely on cosmetic features, and which was proven ineffective by the DOJ’s congressionally mandated study which concluded in 2004, “Should it be renewed, the ban’s effects on gun violence are likely to be small at best, and perhaps too small for reliable measurement. [Assault Weapons] were rarely used in gun crimes even before the ban.”

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I don't know that they have the back bone to instigate seizure. That would mean honest to goodness civil war. Who would they get to take them? Cops? The Army? It would be a horrible and bloody conflict for all involved parties. It wouldn't even take a significant percentage of gun owners. 3 percent would do more damage than they could think of.

The most likely scenario is what Scudder said. They'll bide their time till after the next election cycle or even '12. Then they'll start "small" and reinstate the AWB. They'll likely have the votes to pass that, there are more than enough republicans who'll vote for it. Then they'll set import restrictions for ammo and go from there. Whatever they do won't be good for us and will probably set off certain segments on our side. Too many people are going to refuse to back up anymore. Folks will have to choose sides. Hopefully this can all be solved peacefully.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    They bungled their opportunities for the time being and ran into larger than expected opposition.

They have to wait and they do not know yet for how long.

CopperWires

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    I certainly hope that it doesn't come to bloody streets. But there has already been one incident in which it was "reported" that it was because he thought the feds were coming to take his guns.

Seems like things are getting ugly already about a lot of topics...not just the 2A. Did you all hear about the unfortunate census worker in Clay Co., KY? He supposedly had the word "FED" on his chest when they found him.

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    Maybe I'm naive , but I can't see them ever actually trying confiscation .

Another goofy ban on weapons or laws restricting reloading components sure but not outright confiscation .

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    Scudder...it's the new and improved Scutter01 :):

Samscudder.jpg

Bisley Man

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Whitestown
    That was DUMB!

I certainly hope that it doesn't come to bloody streets. But there has already been one incident in which it was "reported" that it was because he thought the feds were coming to take his guns.

Seems like things are getting ugly already about a lot of topics...not just the 2A. Did you all hear about the unfortunate census worker in Clay Co., KY? He supposedly had the word "FED" on his chest when they found him.

If you don't want the FEDS on your back for a L-O-N-G time, don't lynch some poor guy like this.:xmad: Same with making laws. Senseless murder gives them an excuse for more laws.:noway:

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Well let me put it this way, I truly believe that if they are that stupid, then I will get to live what my dad went through when he crawled across france and germany between 1943 and 1945.

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    The upcoming mid-term elections and, of course, 2012 elections will be huge. The prez and his cronies want the guns and will come and get'em if the time becomes right.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Course thats what they thought in England and Australia also.
    Just remember what England thought in the mid 1700s. Those colonists would never stage a revolt if we come for their weapons. If I remember my history correctly, they were wrong.

dsol

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    Will he? Not yet. Does he and Pelosi, and Schumer, and the like want to? Yes. They know they cannot do anything until after the mid-terms at the earliest, otherwise they are afraid of another backlash like 1994. They might try somthing between 2010 and 2012 if they dont lose a lot of house and senate seats. They might think they are safe to try then, but if they lose a decent amount of seats, they will probably be afraid to try anything until after the 2012 elections. That is my prediction and I am sticking with it...

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    With all the reports of record firearm and ammo sales, I really think the jerks running the country will stay away from firearm legislation. They know that long time firearm owners and collectors are mostly sheep, but some of the new people getting into firearm ownership has them thinking smart thoughts.

Top Bottom