Is 2022 Elections going to be a Red Tidal Wave?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • asevans

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Not that I’m a fan of Mitch McConnell, but let’s keep the facts straight. McConnell did not give 4 trillion to the radical left for the green new deal. All 50 Republicans voted against that nonsense.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I wonder how long it took from election day to know who took office in the house and presidency since the start of our country?

Is yhat why elections are in November and January is when they take office?

It does strike me weird that we don't want technology involved but at the same time we want near instantaneous results

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    I mean, the idea isn’t wrong. We should pretty much know who the winners are by morning the day after. But, the reason it’s easy to know where the winning ticket came from, it’s all electronically tracked. Do you really want your vote to be electronically tracked like lottery tickets are?
    Well, I sure am sick of the current system. I think it would be good to have some experts discuss serious improvements.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    The case of fair elections is a waaayyy harder math problem to solve. All the lottery system knows is that 6 people out of a bazillion got the Gold Willie Wonka Wrappers. That's it. The system doesn't have to care about the other 99.9999999% of the "votes" cast, because only 6 matter. The other (bazillion-minus-6) people can be totally ignored. And, no winner is declared, nor any monies paid out, until somebody comes forward with that physical piece of paper. Dog Ate It? Tough sh!t hombre. Try harder next time!

When you look at what a truly legitimate election system is trying to validate, the problem is that we deeply care about those other (bazillion-minus-6) votes! Did every single one of those people _really_ even intend to buy Willie Wonkas in the first place? Or were there a couple hundred thousand or so who, frankly, really couldn't give a sh!t about any kind of candy at all - but someone else purchased a Zagnut Bar on their behalf, possibly totally unbeknownst to them?

It's not even on the same order or magnitude of difficulty. And it is really hard to solve that, when the people who are being made part of the fraud, may not even be aware of, or care, that they're part of it.

Granted, this is only a problem when elections are close. But looking at the divided world since the year 2000, and the wholesale manipulation of voting rules that has taken place, I think the signal-to-noise problem we're addressing is getting more significant every year.

Honestly, I really don't see how you get back to any semblance of legitimacy, without 3 things:

1) Purging voter rolls - aggressively. No Dead People voting.

2) If you want a mail ballot for any reason, you have to purposefully request it, far enough in advance that your name can be so-annotated on the in-person voting list, so if you show up in person, it will be noted, you will be given a provisional ballot, and if the election is close, the folks running the show have a numerical bound on how many double-votes they may need to go looking for in the Staples boxes, and can immediately assess whether that quantity potentially affects the outcome or not. No mass-printing mail ballots and carpet bombing the countryside with them.

3) If you didn't request a mail ballot, you have to show up in-person, with ID. Otherwise, you do not get to vote.

I'm sure other ways have been proposed. Some of which would make some algorithm-ers really rich. But what would auditable computer-paper-trails really solve? If 200,000 people with no interest in voting got votes cast on their behalf, how does an audit actually turn that up? Yeah, the people who voted for Mitt Romney can go look at a computer and see their vote was so-recorded. But that isn't really what we're worried about, is it? Because fraudsters can do a whole lot of damage without ever getting close to anything that nefarious. We are talking about stuff like Romney getting beat 2,000-zip in precincts with 1,900 registered voters. How do you unmask what is going on there? Without going street-by-street, kicking in doors like the Gestapo, "PUT DOWN THAT BONG / TURN OFF THAT NETFLIX," and asking people to prove they really voted - and intended to vote - for who they really voted for? Are you going to tell those nursing home residents, "No, your answers don't check out, your vote is cancelled?"

How long will THAT process take? Is society really going to go for that?

I don't think we need some gee whiz system. I think we just need to go back to what we had. Before a bunch of old fat people got scared sh!tless by a germ created in a lab by people who were "following the science." We need to make that our mission, and if anybody challenges us on it, point them out for the Stacey Abrams Quacks* they are.

*Side point - we need to make that stupid ######'# public image more humiliating than Monica Lewinsky.

Last edited:

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    I mean, the idea isn’t wrong. We should pretty much know who the winners are by morning the day after. But, the reason it’s easy to know where the winning ticket came from, it’s all electronically tracked. Do you really want your vote to be electronically tracked like lottery tickets are?
    They don’t know who won the lottery they just now how many winners, where the winning tickets were sold and printed from which terminal.

They don’t track who bought what from where they don’t know who won until they come forward to claim the prize.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    With election fraud, the rewards are great, the odds of getting caught small, and the penalties light. Harder to change the first two, but you could set penalties for conviction for interference in elections at 50 years behind bars, no parole, or hanging.

Watching local politicians and their operatives swinging from ropes might have a discouraging affect.;)

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Well, I sure am sick of the current system. I think it would be good to have some experts discuss serious improvements.
    One serious improvement would be to hold elections on election day, except for absentee votes. And those have to be delivered to polls by the end of election day. And no more day-of-election registrations.

There's an obvious advantage to Democrats. Zoomers, many likely not particularly political, stopped the red wave by mail. And it looks like many of those were mail-in after election day. So how many were registered on election day and handed their ballots by harvesters?

I think if you're going to vote, there should be an effort made to vote.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I wonder how long it took from election day to know who took office in the house and presidency since the start of our country?

Is yhat why elections are in November and January is when they take office?

It does strike me weird that we don't want technology involved but at the same time we want near instantaneous results
    It requires a plan and team to execute the plan, you know, like Florida. Things are running to plan to steal elections…

Top Bottom