Is 2022 Elections going to be a Red Tidal Wave?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Posted this in the other election thread where it should be but since this seems to be the more active one i'll post it here as well.

Republicans need to take two of the remaining three tossup Senate seats (Nev, Az. Ga) the greater chance to take a seat between Nev, and Az. is leaning toward Nev. That leaves it up to Ga. Warnock has a slight edge right now but neither one has reached the 50% threshold. Need to get it to a runoff where hopefully Walker can prevail. It really stung when the GOP lost Pa. IDK what the hell is wrong with those numbskulls in Pa. (that could apply to both parties btw)

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    The problem now is that 4% of Georgia is still uncounted. I'm too lazy to do the math, but I'm wondering if they'll find enough votes in that 4% to get the Democrat over 50%, given that Warnock is at 49.2% with 96% reporting. There is still a pathway for Democrats to get 51-49 control outright, with no runoff. (assuming NV and PA will cancel each other).

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Just a little info for those who don't know.

Currently, the democrats have 220 seats in the House, while the republicans have 212.

Per RealClearPolitics.com the republicans have picked up four (4) and the democrats have lost four (4).

This will TIE the House 216 / 216.

But wait, there's more...

There are three (3) vacancies in the House, one (1) from Indiana and two (2) from Florida. Presuming Indiana goes democratic which it appears to be doing, this leaves the vacancies in Florida to determine control.

What is interesting to me is that WHOMEVER wins is going to have a razor thin majority. As it would appear now the democrats will control the Senate and it is likely the republicans will control the House. So we'll have partisan warfare for the next two (2) years.

I would love to see about a third of republicans vote with democrats from time to time, and about a third of democrats vote with republicans from time to time. We used to see this decades ago. Today, the party groupthink has become so ideological that this never happens. Sad...

Regards,

Doug

PS - I say "sad" because nobody is wrong all of the time. Sometimes progressives have a good idea and other times conservatives have a good idea, just not in American government anymore.

billmyn

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    162   0   1
    Mar 19, 2009
    New Ross
    Convention of States is the only way back to a Republic that is For the People By the People. Indiana is signed up already. Correct me if I’m wrong but there are 19 of 33 States signed up. This is how we take the Country back! The power must be given back to the States not the Federal Government!!

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Convention of States is the only way back to a Republic that is For the People By the People. Indiana is signed up already. Correct me if I’m wrong but there are 19 of 33 States signed up. This is how we take the Country back! The power must be given back to the States not the Federal Government!!
    Haha after this election?
    Pretty overconfident in your fellow countryman, I say.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    So, now a CNN citation is your friend?

What I am saying is that it is ALL an illusion. Harping on the cheating is just another part of it. IMHO Republicans (as a party) are not going to make any headway until they let that go. Democrats are successful because when one lie fails they just move on to the next gambit. Their followers want to believe that the next promise will come true, that's why they continue to follow them.

Republicans have fallen into the pattern of wanting change to the despicable things that they see and vote for meaningful change that never seems to materialize. There is always a reason why it didn't happen isn't there? There is always a scapegoat.

Politics is a game, a competition for employment based upon public favor. Yes your fellow Americans (at least the majority of politically active voters) are really "that dumb".

The path that you speak of is probably referring to the current path of destruction, correct? That isn't what anyone was voting on. What we were voting on is who is going to be on top of the smoldering ashes.
    Get over yourself. Do you not believe that 73% are angry/dissatisfied?

If one cannot see the election theft, they are part of the problem…

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    The problem now is that 4% of Georgia is still uncounted. I'm too lazy to do the math, but I'm wondering if they'll find enough votes in that 4% to get the Democrat over 50%, given that Warnock is at 49.2% with 96% reporting. There is still a pathway for Democrats to get 51-49 control outright, with no runoff. (assuming NV and PA will cancel each other).
    That is certainly a scary possibility. If the remaining 4% can push Warnock to 50.1% then it's over. The Democrats take the Senate outright.

LeftyGunner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2022
    Indianapolis
    I don’t vote strait-ticket but this year (for the first time ever) every vote I cast went to a Democrat.

If you are interested, these are my top reasons:

1) Donald Trump. Specifically his role in undermining the legitimacy of the electoral process. He single-handedly made denying the results of an election a viable political strategy. Until the Republican Party can squirm it’s way out of his grip I won’t vote for anyone that props up his ability to gain or hold power.

2) The democrats are the only party talking about governing. The Republican platform, in regards to actual governing, boils down to “Democrats bad, tax cuts for the wealthy good” and, while they are really good at pointing out the problems with democrats, they have no viable alternative to offer…remember how they were going to “repeal and replace” Obamacare, when when they had both houses of congress and the Oval Office they couldn’t even offer a workable set of ideas.

3) The Republican social platform…which gets most of the press attention anymore, is not aligned with my views and values in the slightest. Abortion, sure, that’s part of it…but only a part. I’m pro-union, I’m pro immigration, I prefer international diplomacy over nationalism and political tribalism. The republicans score low on these points in my accounting.

4) The economy. I don’t blame Biden and the national Democrats for our current woes, this is a global economic reckoning, caused by market manipulations occurring on an international scale at unimaginable volume and velocity…one that wont be cured by handing out tax cuts to a few wealthy donors.

So the democrats got all my votes this time. It sounds like the ”red wave” may have been tempered by the number of Americans with motivations similar to mine. If the republicans want my vote they need to develop a platform built on results-driven policy and stop acting like (and nominating) authoritarian buffoons to represent them.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010

He is correct - Biden has been validated, and this fact will be LOUDLY trumpeted by the media by the end of the week.

Biden is now The Candidate. Period, full stop. He presided over what can only be called a historic "over-perform" in a mid-term. He has demonstrated ability to deliver 40% of the white vote. And we can expect the media to pull fully behind him now, the field will be cleared, and all dissenters will be silenced-into-line.

Everybody who thought Biden would be on his way out at this point in the cycle, has just been totally repudiated. DeSantis was not the winner last night. Biden was. He just got a huge and much-needed dose of life support.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    4) The economy. I don’t blame Biden and the national Democrats for our current woes, this is a global economic reckoning, caused by market manipulations occurring on an international scale at unimaginable volume and velocity…one that wont be cured by handing out tax cuts to a few wealthy donors.
    The absolute delusion.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Been watching fox news for weeks talk about the red wave. How does a red wave win if the CIA controls the voting machines. It’s either that or in the last days the wicked shall increase. The democrats are mindless. Theres obviously way too many of them, or way too much power controlling the voting machines. Why would any human being with a thinking mind vote Fetterman? Or Biden?

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I don’t vote strait-ticket but this year (for the first time ever) every vote I cast went to a Democrat.

1) Donald Trump. Specifically his role in undermining the legitimacy of the electoral process. He single-handedly made denying the results of an election a viable political strategy. Until the Republican Party can squirm it’s way out of his grip I won’t vote for anyone that props up his ability to gain or hold power.

2) The democrats are the only party talking about governing. The Republican platform, in regards to actual governing, boils down to “Democrats bad, tax cuts for the wealthy good” and, while they are really good at pointing out the problems with democrats, they have no viable alternative to offer…remember how they were going to “repeal and replace” Obamacare, when when they had both houses of congress and the Oval Office they couldn’t even offer a workable set of ideas.

3) The Republican social platform…which gets most of the press attention anymore, is not aligned with my views and values in the slightest. Abortion, sure, that’s part of it…but only a part. I’m pro-union, I’m pro immigration, I prefer international diplomacy over nationalism and political tribalism. The republicans score low on these points in my accounting.

So the democrats got all my votes this time. It sounds like the ”red wave” may have been tempered by the number of Americans with motivations similar to mine. If the republicans want my vote they need to develop a platform built on results-driven policy and stop acting like (and nominating) authoritarian buffoons to represent them.
    So I see that you basically as a Democrat are willing to absolve the Democrat party from any blame for our current state of affairs and vote straight ticket. Not surprising.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    So I see that you basically as a Democrat are willing to absolve the Democrat party from any blame for our current state of affairs. Not surprising.
    Basically muh 6th, muh abortion, and nothing else about our disaster of a country and economy is their fault. Inflation and energy crisis just blew in like the weather.

This is the average person who punched blue at the polls yesterday. Utter and complete lack of self awareness.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

Folks, here is a poster child of the lunacy of the leftist communists…

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bengineer
    Top Bottom