Is 2022 Elections going to be a Red Tidal Wave?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I support the 2nd amendment, and I do not support its repeal.

However, I don‘t see universal background checks, required BATFE transfer of arms, or expansion of the NFA as the end of the second amendment. Rather, I see these things as a necessary concession to keep as many arms in private hands as possible, for as long as is politically feasible.

I don’t like the democrats rhetoric on guns, but I don’t like Trump‘s rhetoric on…really anything, and right now in my opinion, a vote for any R is a vote for Trumpism.
    If you support infringement then you don't support the 2nd Amendment. All of those in your list, while that may sound like concessions or common sense, are infringements.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I like it! A strong vote against making America great again. It is great when people don't hide their true selves.
    Yes. If the price of keeping pastel conservatives is putting forward only gentlemen losers candidates with no will to fight, then I'll take my years in the wilderness. Somehow I think it will be a lot less than 40

I will never understand what was so bad about 'Trumpism' for these sorts of people. I guess strong markets, a strong standing in the world and energy independence with low inflation, a strong job market and rising wages among the working class just aren't enough for some people - but they can justify a Fetterman, who, like Obama isn't an ally working to solve their problems but just plays one on TV

Awaiting the usual suspects to arrive to tell me 'We need all the Tulsis we can get, we can't afford to decline anybody who claims they would vote for us if we would only just completely change who we are'

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Yes. If the price of keeping pastel conservatives is putting forward only gentlemen losers candidates with no will to fight, then I'll take my years in the wilderness. Somehow I think it will be a lot less than 40

I will never understand what was so bad about 'Trumpism' for these sorts of people. I guess strong markets, a strong standing in the world and energy independence with low inflation, a strong job market and rising wages among the working class just aren't enough for some people - but they can justify a Fetterman, who, like Obama isn't an ally working to solve their problems but just plays one on TV

Awaiting the usual suspects to arrive to tell me 'We need all the Tulsis we can get, we can't afford to decline anybody who claims they would vote for us if we would only just completely change who we are'
    What did you think of the Trump endorsed candidate performance? I thought it lackluster, but interested in your take.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 9, 2022
    Bloomington
    I think the Republican stance of absolutely no exceptions for abortion, not even for rape, incest, mother's life endangered, etc. went too far for a lot of people.
    Is that the Republican position though, or is that just a media scare tactic? I know of very few Republican politicians who take that stance, and am not aware of a single state that has passed a no-exceptions abortion ban.

LeftyGunner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2022
    Indianapolis
    This shows a complete lack of understanding of the reason behind the second amendment.

Political feasibility has no, and I mean zero, connection to our natural right to self defense and constitutionally enumerated right to keep and bear arms.

Is that a dig at my intellect? My depth of knowledge on a specific subject? My character?

I am fully aware of the conservative views on the nature of the second amendment, it’s historic necessity, and it’s current place in society. AND I agree heartily with the first two.

I‘m a pragmatist...it doesn’t matter what the founding fathers intended, it only matters how the current regime interprets it, and in post civil-war America all constitutional rights have limits.

I would like to see private ownership of arms endure, but I think there are appropriate limitations, and the public-facing side of America’s gun culture is overwhelmingly damaging to its stated goal of protecting Americans through the liberal interpretation of the second amendment.

In other words…I would like to see support of the second amendment supported broadly across both ends of our political divide, but there is little political upside for democrats right now, and our current iteration of “gun culture” only makes it a harder sale on the left.

The widening of our political divide only hurts gun ownership in America, it just isn’t high enough of a priority for so many people in this day an age

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    It looks like its 49 - 48 Rs in the Senate. Most sites are saying 48 - 48 but if Alaska just hasn't decided which R then its 49 - 48. It looks like the best path to 51 is Nevada and the Georgia runoff?

What are your thoughts?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    What did you think of the Trump endorsed candidate performance? I thought it lackluster, but interested in your take.
    I have to agree with NotTheBee, up to a point

I think Trump's endorsement was enough to bring a candidate to the fore in the primaries given his candidates success in that area (although there does seem to be credible info of Democrats pulling for those same candidates, the question being how much that moved the needle)

I am not, however, in any way sure that more conventional candidates would have done better in some way. If the polling was in any way trustworthy (a big IF), then we had some very good candidates who nearly won what were always going to be close, tough races

I still have trouble digesting close friends, of well above average means and education, voting for Whitmer 'because she is keeping them safe'. I guess some people expect to live forever with no unpleasantness if they just do today's version of the right things

Perhaps the DeSantis model of fight smarter not harder is the wave of the future but I'm still not convinced he can extend the unique conditions that prevail in Florida to the national stage. I still want a wide open, no holds barred primary with all support lining up behind the winner afterward. A premature coronation of DeSantis as the next 'savior' might also be a dead end. He should have to earn it just like Trump did

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Is that a dig at my intellect? My depth of knowledge on a specific subject? My character?

I am fully aware of the conservative views on the nature of the second amendment, it’s historic necessity, and it’s current place in society. AND I agree heartily with the first two.

I‘m a pragmatist...it doesn’t matter what the founding fathers intended, it only matters how the current regime interprets it, and in post civil-war America all constitutional rights have limits.

I would like to see private ownership of arms endure, but I think there are appropriate limitations, and the public-facing side of America’s gun culture is overwhelmingly damaging to its stated goal of protecting Americans through the liberal interpretation of the second amendment.

In other words…I would like to see support of the second amendment supported broadly across both ends of our political divide, but there is little political upside for democrats right now, and our current iteration of “gun culture” only makes it a harder sale on the left.

The widening of our political divide only hurts gun ownership in America, it just isn’t high enough of a priority for so many people in this day an age
    With all due respects your not a pragmatist. Your a liberal democrat, come out of the closet and stop pretending your anything else.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    If the polling was in any way trustworthy (a big IF), then we had some very good candidates who nearly won what were always going to be close, tough races
    What I am reading seems to favor the polls getting it mostly right, considering their performance over the last decade.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Is that the Republican position though, or is that just a media scare tactic? I know of very few Republican politicians who take that stance, and am not aware of a single state that has passed a no-exceptions abortion ban.

The entire reason it was heard was an "october" surprise that worked as intended,
    vague enough to give the dems a campaign issue/base energization where they didn't have one and get more out to the polls that would have sat home otherwise.
    It was posted here at the time that it would snatch defeat from the jaws of victory for the Republicans and that's pretty much a factor in what happened.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    There were very few that were against abortion in those circumstances unless I’m woefully uninformed.
    Come to think of it, I mostly heard that in commercials and dumocrap "reporting". I am not surprised to hear that is more dumocrap lies but I am disappointed that I fell for it.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    There were very few that were against abortion in those circumstances unless I’m woefully uninformed.
    There were a few loud ones that were against any exception, and a few loud ones is really all it takes to shape a narrative.

Top Bottom