• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I've sold a few guns here. Most have sold very quickly which leads me to believe I wasn't asking enough for them but it also says there's a market for decent deals here. There just aren't a lot of decent deals. The only "bad" experience I've had was a guy who got wonky about my requirement to see an IN DL and LTCH. He said he wanted a gun "with no paper trail" to him. What! Planning a murder or something? Of course, no sale.

I pay more attention to the WTB section. However, some of the ads indicate the WTBuyer wants to pay $200 for your $500 item in the hope that you are broke and desperate.

Thats a red flag to me too, ESPECIALLY if he wont even flash his papers. Yes, I understand its a secondary perk. But when you openly admit to a total stranger that it is a primary reason for a private sale, that raises a red flag in my head too. I would have passed on that as well if I didnt know you from Adam. I would probably overlook it from somebody I "know" like MCG, CM, KJQ, Haven, Beowulf, BGDave, etc. I already know those guys are GTG. If you are a 2 week old 55 post wonder or "magic 50" site supporter, no thanks. Move along.

Mark106

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 15, 2020
    Terre Haute
    I don't post much myself (tend to go in spurts), but when I see a 50 poster/site supporter, I'll just cruise on by. For the most part the established folks here are easy to feel safe or secure about dealing with. The 50 p/ss make me feel like back alley deals. You just have no way of gauging what you're dealing with.

As a newb and a freshly minted site supporter, this gives me the raging butthurt. :crying:
    Does Ballistol work on the butthurt?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    One thing this site doesn't need is "clicks", you remember them from high school right? You had the jocks, stoners, nerds, pets, nobody's, etc. When I first joined there was a HUGE click called the "I'm a SITE SUPPORTER and you suck" click. This was many moons ago and it revolved around those the worshipped he who owned the site. Several of them openly stated their disgust and lack of use for anybody that didn't meet their approval and have the required "Site Supporter" under their names.

That's the kind of CRAP that the mods are trying to prevent from happening again. If you don't want to post a pic with your ad or list it as WTT or WTS or WTHR or want to ***** about 50 quality posts or whine because "Gun Broker doesn't do it this way" then GTFO but do it with an epic "I'm leaving INGO because" post, we haven't had a good one of those in quite awhile. Besides it'll give us all an opportunity to point at you and laugh.:laugh:

I await my time out.

Now just wait a dog-gone minute. The mouse just said he wanted clicks and now you are saying we shouldn't, which is it?

Oh, I get it now, the mouse wants clicks on the website, not clique's of members, I'll make a note of it.

Just bustin on you, sorry. LOL

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Pretty much every transaction I've made on INGO has taken 3x longer then it should...because I end up chatting up the other party for quite awhile. I've met some pretty cool people via INGO.

Vs Armslist where I take an overwatch and wear a rape-proof skirt.

dekeshooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    Bunker Hill
    I'm not the most talkative guy on this forum by a long shot. I have a lot to say most days, it's just that I hate typing.

That being said, I have used the classified section here to sell and buy with great success over the past ten years. I've never had a bad deal here and being able to quickly check feedback and post count lends peace of mind to a transaction.

And its it's true about most transactions taking 3x longer than they should. This place seems to be populated with some damned decent people. At least that's been my experience. Your mileage may differ.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    I've found all of the ingo folk to be good people in comparison to armslist or other popular sites.

You will always have low ballers and people shopping with no money. It's a real time burglar.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Pretty much every transaction I've made on INGO has taken 3x longer then it should...because I end up chatting up the other party for quite awhile. I've met some pretty cool people via INGO.

Vs Armslist where I take an overwatch and wear a rape-proof skirt.

Googling "Rape proof skirt"

jwright2882

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2019
    Greenwood
    For sale 600.00 obo trades are hand santizer and n95s only....

Dont like dont buy. Why do these threads keep popping up?

Its the free market get over it.

Great post. Totally agree. So do your research, decide if it’s a fair buy, right condition, good reputable seller, then offer a fair price. This is a community, and not the place to low ball your neighbors.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Great post. Totally agree. So do your research, decide if it’s a fair buy, right condition, good reputable seller, then offer a fair price. This is a community, and not the place to low ball your neighbors.

Remember the Obama years and the high prices on just about everything firearm related? I bought a few firearms back then that are definitely over priced now two are still in my gun cabinet because I like them, and two I gave away as gifts. Different times means different prices. Lack of items people want and need beings on inflation. No way around it.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I've bought and sold in the classifieds for a long time you just have to understand INGO. If you want to sell something on INGO understand most that peruse the classifieds are cheap bastards lol, aren't we all? Someone further up said they try to price it for what they would likely buy something for and that's actually pretty good logic, you're not likely to get rich on something you post on INGO. Higher end items don't do very well on INGO unless it's something really hard to get and desirable like say 3 inch K frame Smiths or priced really really well to move etc. I see a lot of people try to post things on INGO that are nice but would do much better with a national audience like Gunbroker. For example the two recent guns Vanguard 45 had, the Colt SAA and that SPFD Pro weren't priced crazy just not in line with the typical INGO user I would say. Things typically seem to sell well (faster) up to about 5-600.00.

binkerton

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    Higher end items don't do very well on INGO unless it's something really hard to get and desirable like say 3 inch K frame Smiths or priced really really well to move etc.

or like the 2 different HK Mark 23's in the last week! Man I wish I could afford Thor's Hammer. I wielded it once at Inlaws & Outlaws, but the price tag said I was not worthy and back in the case it went.
    Awesome gun though.

BJones

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Noblesville/Westfld
    I have sold and bought several firearms and other items in our classifieds and think the classifieds are a great benefit of INGO. Most INGOers are great to work with, there are always a few who will be difficult, but that is typical in any group.

Top Bottom