• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I have been pleasantly surprised with the things I’ve seen in the classifieds since this
    corona stuff broke out. It’s been mostly reasonable, unlike the post-Sandy Hook days. A few folks have trotted out some old junk at high prices, but it’s been rare. Some guys always post their stuff too high. As soon as I see their username on an ad, I skip on by.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I find it humorous that people whine about price gouging, but they have no problem paying $1.00 for a bottle of water (that cost the seller $3.00 for 40) or $7.00 for a beer at a ballpark...

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    INGO is great. I don’t post much, (except for the occasional long-winded hunting story in the outdoors section,) but I’ve been enjoying the site for a decade.

The classifieds are great too. I appreciate that there are some hurdles, and even that there are different ways to gain access. (Post count vs supporter.) I’ve gotten several infractions over 10 years of being here, but I don’t begrudge the rules even so.

To the site admin, it’s greatly appreciated. I know the squeaky wheel gets the grease, but I bet there are a lot of people here that are grateful and don’t often voice it.

I agree with this. Very much appreciate INGO. Have learned a lot about all sorts of subjects and found a community.

I find it humorous that people whine about price gouging, but they have no problem paying $1.00 for a bottle of water (that cost the seller $3.00 for 40) or $7.00 for a beer at a ballpark...

True. Though I won't pay $7 for a beer, and if I can help it (wife is not with me) I won't buy concessions at a theater, etc as it is a complete rip, most of these things are about expectations in a given situation and what someone has acclimated themselves to. People value different things, and some value the same things differently in different settings. To me it's just a well overpriced drink at a theater and I prefer not to. For someone like my wife it is more about it all being part of the experience to have a drink at the theater, etc.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I agree with this. Very much appreciate INGO. Have learned a lot about all sorts of subjects and found a community.

True. Though I won't pay $7 for a beer, and if I can help it (wife is not with me) I won't buy concessions at a theater, etc as it is a complete rip, most of these things are about expectations in a given situation and what someone has acclimated themselves to. People value different things, and some value the same things differently in different settings. To me it's just a well overpriced drink at a theater and I prefer not to. For someone like my wife it is more about it all being part of the experience to have a drink at the theater, etc.

My 13 year old G-daughter and I have a good time going to an Imax, reserving our special seats (center center) and blowing a butt loads at the concession counter. It is our thing. Seems silly to some I am sure but a quality day with her is worth 2 times the price of admission and snacks.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    When we go to the theatre we will stop at walgreens and buy some 4 for $4 "movie candy" but we buy popcorn and drinks when we get there so I don't feel too bad carrying in "outside candy"*

*balances out the price of admission

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    My girls wouldnt go if I refused to buy them so def worth th3 price of admission to be with my girls even if a movie I have no interest in lol

When she was younger the movies were different by animation was coming on strong so it was not really to bad and I actually enjoyed some of them.

She is now a die hard Marvel fan so the Imax is a must.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    I just cannot bring myself to give Hollywood that much of my money. If there was ever an enemy of everything I cherish, it's Hollywood.

I still consume a good bit of what they make, but I pay as little for it as possible.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I just cannot bring myself to give Hollywood that much of my money. If there was ever an enemy of everything I cherish, it's Hollywood.

I still consume a good bit of what they make, but I pay as little for it as possible.

If you had a G-daughter that loved the experience you would. I am sure of it.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    203   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I have been pleasantly surprised with the things I’ve seen in the classifieds since this
    corona stuff broke out. It’s been mostly reasonable, unlike the post-Sandy Hook days. A few folks have trotted out some old junk at high prices, but it’s been rare. Some guys always post their stuff too high. As soon as I see their username on an ad, I skip on by.

I have seen more guns, ammo and accessories coming out of the woodwork than ever thanks to COVID19.
    It is refreshing too see more than AR builds and 9mm Glocks being posted, no matter what the asking price is.
    The OP is correct, if it is priced too high it will sit.
    I have enjoyed the INGO classifieds for years and met some really good people because of them.

I still look at them daily, there are deals to be had occasionally. And if not a great deal, at least a fair deal.
    I'm glad to be part of the Community here and hope to be for years to come.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas

I go to movies pretty regularly.

About once every 10 years, like clockwork. :popcorn:

sparkyfender

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2008
    Southcentral IN
    Once I sell a gun for the price I was asking I have no interest in what buyer then does with it. Put it up for sale for twice what they gave, throw it in the river, I don't care, it is their gun and their business then.

I find it odd people would want to police what happens after a successful and mutually agreeable transfer. Free trade and all that.

Airtevron1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Sep 10, 2019
    IN
    agree with me or dont, my point is what many of you have echoed - dont like the deal then move on. I dont get stupid with a deal i dont like and i expect the same.

In either case, man have I got a new respect for the mods. Mr Mouse I salute you for dealing with this kind of crap, ugh. :patriot:

Top Bottom