THAT should have been your road trip! :):

SikesMainCarPull.jpg

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    my trip is in two weeks. The protein focused diet seems to be helping with weight. I'm down four pounds in three days by focusing on protein intake with chicken, tuna, and supplement powder. For lunch today I had brown rice, greek yogurt, and an apple. I'll add chicken to the rice for a snack here in a bit once it's thawed and I eat it. Been sacking on almonds today, those actually aren't that bad. Last night I brought carrot sticks and humus to work to eat instead of the bags of junk many people bring to share.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I don't have myfitnesspal. I'll take a look at it. I used to be really into tracking everything, but kinda lost interest. I'll post my username if I sign up for it.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    INGO group is still there, just invited anthonyscottjd and INGO. Anyone wants added, PM me your FitnessPal user name.

I fell off the wagon hard too.

I got an email saying I got invited to the INGO group, but it wasn't there when I went to the app.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I have been using the MapMyFitness app for walking, running, and biking and linked it to MyFitnessPal and when I am done with an exercise, the calories burned shows up in MyFitnessPal. Pretty slick. When you exercise it ups the calories you can eat that day.

Since I now have some tendinitis from lifting weights, I need to quit doing the things that make is worse so have been running. I started using an app called Gipis (free) and picked the couch to 10K running program. Hard to start running at a speed that I can walk faster than but will follow it to see how it goes. I run MapMyFitness in the background so the calories will copy over to MyFitnessPal.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Bought a weight bench from a colleague, now I need some actual weights and a bar. I have a cheaper set but it isn't long enough to be safe on that bench.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Went for an hour bike ride last night. Kept is slow and easy as I haven't ridden the thing in a couple years. I was still pretty jelly-legged when I got home and woke up today with some sore muscles I forgot I had.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Went for an hour bike ride last night. Kept is slow and easy as I haven't ridden the thing in a couple years. I was still pretty jelly-legged when I got home and woke up today with some sore muscles I forgot I had.

Nice work. :+1:

One hour bike ride followed by a short upper body workout for me today. :alright:

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Since a major contributor to my "lack of fitness" has been my passion for cooking (and eating), I may occasionally include some of the healthier alternatives I come up with in this thread.

Today's lunch was rather simple, but delicious. I sautéed some mushrooms, onion, zucchini, and yellow squash in a very small amount of olive oil (about 1-2 teaspoons) with hot curry powder, cumin, red pepper flake, and a dash of Worcestershire.

410004402.jpg

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Since a major contributor to my "lack of fitness" has been my passion for cooking (and eating), I may occasionally include some of the healthier alternatives I come up with in this thread.

Today's lunch was rather simple, but delicious. I sautéed some mushrooms, onion, zucchini, and yellow squash in a very small amount of olive oil (about 1-2 teaspoons) with hot curry powder, cumin, red pepper flake, and a dash of Worcestershire.

410004402.jpg

That looks delicious. :yesway:

Not sure if I should post pictures of all the food I eat in that thread. :):

oreo_cereal_009.jpg

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    I thought this might be a good thread to mention this. I've been a little scarce round these parts lately because I've been busy emptying my basement out in preparation for some major foundation work. I've been going at it pretty much non-stop for the last 4 weekends and that included 5 days on labor day weekend. It's been a blessing because I really needed to clean out the basement.

A lot of that stuff is not going back in the basement. For any of you fitness buffs into pumping iron, I have some olympic style barbell plates and a bench. I can't pump iron like I used to, my shoulder is too tore up - and shoulder surgery on the near horizon. I'll keep the squat rack and a few plates. But anyone interested in some plates, a nice bench press press, and an olympic bar and curl bar shoot me a pm. I'll make you a good deal, but you'll have to come pick it up.

Top Bottom