• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Hiserman79

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2013
    Madison
    Had I only known about this sooner, My fault I apparently live under a rock and just recently discoverd INGO, I would of amassed some parts and joined the party. I would Love to build my own AR! Now with that said Im going to start collecting the needed parts and be ready for the next one, well that is if I can still find the parts in all the gun grab madness.

38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    I found a kit its in cheaper then dirt catalog i got oracle 5.56 complete rifle build kit its by dpms panther arms #ARR-552 $599.97 it says everything you need to turn your stripped lower receiver into a rifle, doesnt include a lower kit has a 16" barrel, lower parts kit, handguards, delta pack, stock kit w/buffer, bolt carrier, gas tube, flash hider, charging handle, and gas block. Is this a good kit to buy id like to build a AR 15

A few things.

1) There is a 0% - 0.5% there will be a kit like that on sale anywhere right now.

2) You'll need a stripped lower in addition to that kit. They *should* only go from $50-150 in a good market. Right now, any name mil spec lower seems to bring $300+.

3) In my opinion, we should not support CTD. They're the first to jump on the price gouging bandwagon when this stuff hits. Theyve doubled many of their prices since Sandy Hook.

38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    Had I only known about this sooner, My fault I apparently live under a rock and just recently discoverd INGO, I would of amassed some parts and joined the party. I would Love to build my own AR! Now with that said Im going to start collecting the needed parts and be ready for the next one, well that is if I can still find the parts in all the gun grab madness.

Hard to find parts now anyway, but you can join just to hang out!

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008

You should come for all of these reasons:

1. TONS OF AR15's of many kinds.
    2. See first hand the build process so that when you to your own later it will be familiar.
    3. You can ask all your questions and not have to type yourself into carpal tunnel.
    4. I will have the new Appleseed schedules with me and we can talk about getting you to one.
    5. Fun people, gun people, new friends.

Hope to see you there!

Dj15802

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Avon, IN
    I don't have one to build at this time but I may stop in. I'm still learning the AR and if you don't mind an extra set of eyes accompanied with questions count me in.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    VUPD, for those of us bringing spare parts & such, you think a swap table makes sense?

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    SWEET! I found a stock/buffer kit today at Premier Firearms with just 5 minutes before close! A tad pricey, but at least I can finish this lower. See you guys tomorrow.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    I will have an extra ATI buffer tube/kit (minus stock) with me, an extra Bushmaster FCG, and some crush washers and other odds and ends including a couple of used 30 round colt mags. Bobcat gets dibs - he has a piece of steel I need. Whatever he does not want will be available (he does not want the stock kit). Oh, and if anyone wants a box of CCI CB shorts - it's yours but you have to ask since it will be in the car as Ammo is not allowed in the clubhouse IIRC.

Getting stuff put together, see you all tomorrow!

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    I also picked up an extra 6 pos stock mil spec kit, knowing the build was tomorrow. it was a tad pricey, but not gougey. (if thats a word). I will bring it as well.

bksboiler

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    With potential for freezing rain and timing, I'm going to have to bow out on the build party this afternoon.

I really appreciate everyone willing to help us all out, and I'll probably draw on your expertise when I start my build at home.

dubsac

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    With potential for freezing rain and timing, I'm going to have to bow out on the build party this afternoon.

I really appreciate everyone willing to help us all out, and I'll probably draw on your expertise when I start my build at home.

This has me worried for my truck is not 4 wheel drive and I don't want to get stuck put there at the bottom of the hill. Hoping the gravel will give me just enough traction.

Steelman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 21, 2008
    Danville, IN
    I would really like to make this. Have nothing to build, but I have a stock wrench and hand tools.

Also in the 2WD truck camp. Anyone been out to check conditions? I don't wanna be the one to get stuck with camera happy INGOers standing by.

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    I will be there.

I plan on bringing some items to sell as well.

No list as to what I am bringing, but there maybe a lower in a partially built state for sale.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    I will be there.

I plan on bringing some items to sell as well.

No list as to what I am bringing, but there maybe a lower in a partially built state for sale.

And with that promise attendance doubles.. :):

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bengineer
    Top Bottom