• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I guess I should have clarified in my post a little better. Those four scumbags may as well have been born in Shanghai to Chinese parents. They're in bed with the CCP deeper than most Chinese people. I don't differentiate between the chip shortage, wuflu or the stolen election, all fruit from the same tree.

sparky32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 5, 2013
    Morgantown
    Appreciating cars. Now that is something I never thought I would see in my lifetime. My diesel truck as an investment.
    Ive been offered 57k plus for my current 2018 Ram they want it bad and thats 3k within what I paid for it with 40k miles!!! Its bonkers.

The wife ordered a new SUV a couple month ago because they had none and it just showed up 2 weeks ago. She got a little off but not much.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    While I agree with you, I'd like to point out that the chip shortage is because of China.
    Well, that and because everyone wants cheap stuff, so all our stuff is made in China.

China is a consumer of chips like we are, China makes roughly 6% but buys about 50% of the global supply*. To say they are responsible for the shortage isn't exactly right but isn't exactly wrong. They are buying a lot of chips due to high demand for consumer electronics, which is what they primarily use them for, but they aren't restricting production.

*Assuming you count Taiwan as it's own entity. Taiwan makes right at 2/3rds of the semi-conductor chips globally, and Korea makes the lion's share of the remainder. Japan, mainland China, and the US about equal Korea.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    Might I offer the idea of fewer computer chips in automobiles?? It could just be me, but...
    Gauges that monitor systems that review input from sensors starts to sound like reinventing the wheel. A lot of it is due to .Gov demands, commands and political edicts, but, maybe just maybe, less is more when it comes to computer chips in autos. Ford says their trucks are made of aluminum, but their prices suggest they're made of solid gold. GM's look pretty, but their prices look like Ford's and then some. I don't know about Dodge as they're an import nowadays.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Might I offer the idea of fewer computer chips in automobiles?? It could just be me, but...
    Gauges that monitor systems that review input from sensors starts to sound like reinventing the wheel. A lot of it is due to .Gov demands, commands and political edicts, but, maybe just maybe, less is more when it comes to computer chips in autos. Ford says their trucks are made of aluminum, but their prices suggest they're made of solid gold. GM's look pretty, but their prices look like Ford's and then some. I don't know about Dodge as they're an import nowadays.
    Blame the DOT and .gov for this. THEY are the ones forcing all this on us. Higher economies, safer systems, better EPA emissions etc. THEY are the ones forcing all these gadgets like blind spot detection/lane change warning, backup cameras, seatbelt warning sensors, airbags, etc.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Yep. We're paying the price for endless unnecessary feature bloat. Your windows and locks don't need chipped modules in every door. You don't need a chipped module to run rain-sensing wiper blades that save you from having to lift your lazy finger and push a button. You don't need an iPad in the dash. You don't need a backup camera, we have reflective pieces of glass for that.

My car has a chip in the powertrain control module, and...that's it. There's nothing else on the car that requires a microprocessor except maybe the radio head. Cars have been made dramatically more expensive and now supply is crashing due to over-complication, and all we got in return was, what, nanny systems and a motorized trunk lid?

Mounty09

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    Noblesville
    I know GM stopped putting cylinder deactivation on some of there trucks and SUVs for the time being because of the chip shortage.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    You know inflation is bad when the Washington Post isn't even willing to cover for Biden anymore.

Senior White House officials were greatly disappointed by Wednesday’s report and surprised at how serious the inflationary problems are throughout the economy, according to people familiar with the matter. The report also fueled mounting concerns about supply chain bottlenecks.

For weeks, administration officials have been scrambling to try and alleviate the economic problems, frequently convening meetings across agencies and searching for solutions. But many administration officials have conceded they have few policy options to bring immediate relief to Americans, and the White House is concerned about ongoing political fallout, especially around the holiday season.

76Too

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Dec 9, 2019
    Just Passing Through
    I received an invoice today for a camper coming in, my cost is $26000.00 and change.

A year and a half ago I was able to sell this same exact unit for $16900.00.

Thanks Brandon, you douche bag.
    Obviously you have to pass that onto the consumer...but assuming folks are still buying plenty at the newly inflated prices if you’re choosing to still order them?

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    The upside:

Interest rates on my ibonds are now ridiculous.
    7.12% to 8.16% on several of them, lowest is 4.56%.

Kind of wish I had more ibonds and less CDs right now...

Top Bottom