• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I think I've heard that they have been coming up with more reliable testing methods as more and more states decriminalize/legalize MJ, and I suspect that the technology will continue to be developed.

1. What is DUI of marijuana in Colorado?

You drive under the influence (DUI) of marijuana in Colorado when as a result of consuming marijuana you are substantially incapable, mentally and/or physically, to safely operate a vehicle. Under 42-4-1301, C.R.S., DUI of marijuana is usually a misdemeanor.

Unlike alcohol, there is no DUI “per se” of marijuana. DUI of drugs must be proved by objective evidence that you were unable to drive safely. However, it is a permissible inference that you drove under the influence of marijuana if your blood contained 5 nanograms or more of delta 9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) per milliliter.1 THC is the active ingredient in most strains of marijuana.2

But even this amount of THC in the blood is not conclusive. The best Colorado DUI lawyers can challenge it in court. To prove you guilty of DUI of marijuana, the prosecutor will need to show that you were actually too stoned to drive safely. Such evidence might include:

You violated Colorado traffic laws,
    You were weaving in and out of your lane,
    You drove too fast or too slow,
    You appeared stoned (bloodshot eyes, slurred speech),
    The officer smelled marijuana in the car,
    There was marijuana paraphernalia in the vehicle (e.g., rolling papers, a bong, a joint clip, etc.), or
    Marijuana was found in your car.

4. Do I have to take a DUI blood test?

By driving in Colorado, you give your “express consent” to take a chemical test if you are lawfully arrested for DUI or DWAI.6 This does not refer to the roadside preliminary breath test an officer may ask you to take after a traffic stop.7 Unless and until you have actually been arrested, you are not obligated to take a chemical test.

If you are actually arrested, however, refusing a Colorado DUI chemical test has serious consequences. If alcohol use is suspected, you will be offered your choice of a DUI breath test or DUI blood test. If, however, the officer reasonably believes you were using drugs, you may be required to take a blood test instead of -- or in addition to -- a breath test.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Pretty sure I’ve laid out legitimate reasons for legalization. Have you got any to keep it illegal other than someone might toke up and drive?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I’ve never heard of Marinol. I spent more than a year working with the Indiana Poly Clinic for pain management and other than the Celebrex they prescribed nothing else worked.

I have zero desire to smoke marijuana. Where it is legal there are all sorts of various means of ingesting specific amounts of it as well as different strains which have been developed for specific uses. I will tell you that the thought of receiving relief from something that I may be able to produce myself sounds lot better than making another trip to the pharmacy for another chemical substance which I have no way of knowing what it Is comprised of.

If two different substances can achieve the same result, what makes one better than the other? Because it was developed by a large pharmaceutical corporation? I don’t believe what they have to say and honestly believe that marijuana is a safer alternative to an awful lot of what’s out there in the market now.

Dronabinol (marketed as Marinol) is a synthetic form of delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (Δ⁹-THC), the primary psychoactive component of cannabis (marijuana). THC demonstrates its effects through weak partial agonist activity at Cannabinoid-1 (CB1R) and Cannabinoid-2 (CB2R) receptors, which results in the well-known effects of smoking cannabis such as increased appetite, reduced pain, and changes in emotional and cognitive processes.

So only legalization will do. Got it

So, should I assume you would take Red Yeast Rice for high cholesterol or Hawthorn Berries for high blood pressure; you know, in order to avoid the products developed by large pharmaceutical corporations whose word you doubt

Do you have an MD or a Naturopath?

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg

So, should I assume you would take Red Yeast Rice for high cholesterol or Hawthorn Berries for high blood pressure; you know, in order to avoid the products developed by large pharmaceutical corporations whose word you doubt

Ah hah, we've hit the root of it. You aren't an anti-marijuana but pro-alcohol hypocrite, you just have a good portion of your retirement tied up in pharma stocks. Now it all makes sense.

Please explain to the class why Marinol, a synthesized version of cannabis is A-OK, but medial marijuana, which is a fraction of the cost to the consumer (and still requires a prescription from a doctor) isn't? Other than putting hundreds of millions of dollars more into the pharma companies' pockets?

If Marinol is valid medication that means marijuana itself has a medical use. If that's the case, then banning medical marijuana is stupid and illogical. Q.E.D.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia

Why does it matter to you what I ingest? Why is that any concern of yours? Why do you believe you are entitled to dictate to others what they do or don’t put into their bodies?

Maybe I like to shove pea gravel up my ass to reduce my blood pressure. That hurting you? Should we ban that because you don’t approve?

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Someone please tell me why it should be illegal for me to plant a seed on my property, from a plant native to the area, water and feed that plant until it matures, harvest a part of that plant and utilize it to make something which I feel is a benefit to me personally.

How is that wrong. Please?

Maybe if I ask in Spanish?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Pretty sure I’ve laid out legitimate reasons for legalization. Have you got any to keep it illegal other than someone might toke up and drive?

Sorry, I'm hearing a similar argument from you - that it might save money and it might not cause other problems, even though there is evidence to the contrary

Mostly what I'm hearing is you want it because you want it, I don't. You can be justifiably proud of your state's good sense on the second amendment, but when those same legislators fail to do what you want the judgement of those same individuals is now suspect. I don't happen to agree that it should be legalized recreationally and I am suspicious of medical legalization because it often winds up just being cover for the push to legalize. I see no scientific case for legalization, although there might be an economic one but I haven't seen compelling evidence. I see politicians bribed to support it by the supposed savings and tax revenue that they can use for other things. I'm not aware of any evidence that the freed up resources are devoted to more or better policing, and if the grand experiment goes awry I see no way as a taxpayer to escape having to pay for the consequences. I prefer people to gamble with their own resources

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Why does it matter to you what I ingest? Why is that any concern of yours? Why do you believe you are entitled to dictate to others what they do or don’t put into their bodies?

Maybe I like to shove pea gravel up my ass to reduce my blood pressure. That hurting you? Should we ban that because you don’t approve?

Nope, just trying to guage the depth of your commitment to natural remedies. Curious whether it extends to anything else besides weed

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Regardless of whether you think it should be legal, can we all at least agree that it should not be categorized as a schedule 1 drug?(the stuff that is highly addictive, easy to OD on, and has absolutely no value to society)

looking at the facts of what MJ is and what the schedule is described, they don’t match.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    No, what you e heard from me is that prohibiting marijuana had not solved the issue but has in fact created a lot more problems. What I’m hearing is that you have no use for marijuana based on what you’ve been told your whole life and that you believe you have the right to control other people’s lives based on some arbitrary notions. I’ve not brought money into it.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Who we trying to convince here...and why?

giphy.gif

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Nope, just trying to guage the depth of your commitment to natural remedies. Curious whether it extends to anything else besides weed

And again, that is completely irrelevant and in no way, shape or form any of your business or concern.

Something tells me you aren’t capable of understanding what is and is not your business.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Ah hah, we've hit the root of it. You aren't an anti-marijuana but pro-alcohol hypocrite, you just have a good portion of your retirement tied up in pharma stocks. Now it all makes sense.

Please explain to the class why Marinol, a synthesized version of cannabis is A-OK, but medial marijuana, which is a fraction of the cost to the consumer (and still requires a prescription from a doctor) isn't? Other than putting hundreds of millions of dollars more into the pharma companies' pockets?

If Marinol is valid medication that means marijuana itself has a medical use. If that's the case, then banning medical marijuana is stupid and illogical. Q.E.D.

Not quite. The availability of Marinol would allow phylo to ascertain whether the active ingredient in MJ would actually help him without the need to create wholesale change in the regulatory system. That's covering the pain relief thing

Not sure what to prescribe for the because; freedom thing

And the argument that since a pharmaceutical is valid medication, than an unstandardized unregulated natural source must somehow also be approved is an argument that heroin should be an allowed painkiller that people can prescribe themselves

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    The availability of marinol should allow people to make a choice for themselves. I guess that type of freedom isn’t acceptable to the ruling class.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    And again, that is completely irrelevant and in no way, shape or form any of your business or concern.

Something tells me you aren’t capable of understanding what is and is not your business.

Well [takes off gloves], my experience has been that for people I have known wanting to smoke a little weed for [pain relief, anti-nausea, glaucoma] is it has been cover. When presented with legal, controlled alternatives they still just want to smoke a little weed. I'm not saying this is true of you, but I am saying that a significant share of the medical marijuana advocates just want weed more widely and easily available.

Only 2% of Colorado's population qualified for the medical registry (which it had from 1998, I believe) prior to legalization, that is only 2% could demonstrate a bona fide medicinal need

"Well, the system didn't want people to qualify" in 3 ... 2 ... 1

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    The people shouldn’t have to “qualify”. That’s the whole point. No one should have to ask your permission or anyone else’s to ingest something into their body. I don’t know why that’s so difficult to grasp.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bengineer
    Top Bottom