• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    That letter is what you get when you need a consensus to act. Those words were specifically chosen to get >50% of the members to go along with it, IMHO.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    This wouldn't happen if we had Republican politicians in charge of...

oh, wait.

:):

Pathetic, how they just play politics for a career.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    No testicle fortitude in the Indiana Statehouse. Cowards too worried about their own re-elections to DO THE RIGHT THING. I'm thoroughly disgusted with these clowns.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I'm trying to find out if the Porter County Sheriff agreed with this. I'll be surprised if I actually get an answer from him.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    Over on Facebook Guy is trying to get the sheriff to accept an offer to appear on his radio show. Might I suggest a polite, civil, and respectful request to Sheriff Bowen to accept Guy's offer? I sent him one.

I will be re-writing him too. I did before (shortly after the word reached us for support in this area). I will also politely; but firmly - refute his arguments as stated.

That letter is what you get when you need a consensus to act. Those words were specifically chosen to get >50% of the members to go along with it, IMHO.

I do not know what info was put in the questions that were presented to the ISA membership - or the FOP or the Chief's ... BUT I think we got alerted to late to make much of difference.
    I am also certain by the LONE reply I got (I wrote 2 Chiefs and 2 Sheriffs) that this was not a universal thing; and "Follow the Money" is a good reason.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    INGO might be a good place to organize like this, but it'll take some long range planning.

Before the end of this session, it'll mean small conversations - coffee, lunch - with the people involved getting them to commit to putting it to a vote. Then, in April, schedule coffees and lunches for May. Then in June, schedule them for July. And so on. With each meeting, getting a commitment to put it to a vote. In these conversations, talk about other things. Philosophies, kids, mutual friends, sports teams.

Then, next year, remind them. Well, it should've been repeated so much that a reminder shouldn't be necessary, but you get the idea.

Part of the problem is that they only have to think about it for a couple weeks a year, from people who are basically anonymous. Yet, they are elected legislators year-round. If, in the course of these conversations, you realize that your legislator may not align with your priorities, try to find someone who does.

We need to broaden the base IMO - I've heard this on other items from other legislators - 10 letters each from 5 guys - is still just 5 guys.
    1 letter each from 30 people - is 30 people - that 500% more support. - They do have staff to help track that.

Letters, email, postcards, petitions - people showing up to talk to the legislators - all of it.

Help get new people to the party. - and take what we can get this session. ...

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    We need to broaden the base IMO - I've heard this on other items from other legislators - 10 letters each from 5 guys - is still just 5 guys.
    1 letter each from 30 people - is 30 people - that 500% more support. - They do have staff to help track that.

Letters, email, postcards, petitions - people showing up to talk to the legislators - all of it.

we just need dead people to write letters

HKUSP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Danville, IN
    I suppose I should quit bragging to my friends back in Ohio what a freedom minded state we have here. The shine is starting to wear off and the cynicism is taking hold. Can't get constitutional carry or Sunday sales done and there's talk about raising taxes and fees for various things. Disgusting.

ATM

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I suppose I should quit bragging to my friends back in Ohio what a freedom minded state we have here. The shine is starting to wear off and the cynicism is taking hold. Can't get constitutional carry or Sunday sales done and there's talk about raising taxes and fees for various things. Disgusting.

56846715.jpg

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    This wouldn't happen if we had Republican politicians in charge of...

oh, wait.

:):

Pathetic, how they just play politics for a career.

Iknowright? Like I said elsewhere, too bad we don't have a real alternative to give these guys some competition. With the democrats, we wouldn't get a chance and probably revert, the Libertarians have proven they really don't want to govern, and the Constitution party is just too small.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

Funny...not funny-ha-ha but I sort of imagined I was one of many filling their inboxes up with emails. But yeah, after Tuesday I'm pretty sure they know most of us by our writting style and can pick our emails out without even looking at the names. :)

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Over on Facebook Guy is trying to get the sheriff to accept an offer to appear on his radio show. Might I suggest a polite, civil, and respectful request to Sheriff Bowen to accept Guy's offer? I sent him one.

Are you at "double dare" or "double dog dare"? It may be time to go to the sinister "triple dog dare".

ATM

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Iknowright? Like I said elsewhere, too bad we don't have a real alternative to give these guys some competition. With the democrats, we wouldn't get a chance and probably revert, the Libertarians have proven they really don't want to govern, and the Constitution party is just too small.

Too bad self-governance is illegal.

We can't just sit these clowns down and be done with it, they must always be replaced.

Is there some imagined problem with libertarians keeping others from playing politics as usual by occupying any of those seats, repealing infringements and otherwise leaving you alone?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Too bad self-governance is illegal.

We can't just sit these clowns down and be done with it, they must always be replaced.

Is there some imagined problem with libertarians keeping others from playing politics as usual by occupying any of those seats, repealing infringements and otherwise leaving you alone?

Based on my observations, they seem quite happy to be the up in heckler's row--heckling. (Much like the republicans seem to be better at being the opposition party than the governing party).

ATM

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Based on my observations, they seem quite happy to be the up in heckler's row--heckling. (Much like the republicans seem to be better at being the opposition party than the governing party).

I'll heckle anyone who thinks we need rulers. ;)

If our ruling body must have all its seats filled, start sticking people in there who don't want to rule you and see what happens.

Could be fun. :yesway:

Top Bottom