• ...and so much more!
  • Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    The "government" didn't. The judge did. A government violated the Constitutional Rights of a minority of our states citizenry and that wrong, (which that same government is planning on doubling down on) was corrected by the judge. Government vs government. Sorry you don't like the ruling.

Which constitutional right? You imply a constitutional right to marriage? Which amendment is that one addressed in? Judges these days are famous for legislating from the bench. Activist judges are doing us a great disservice. The entire concept is based in error, a huge waste of our tax dollars and resources - and that does not impact all of us? To create such a right, a very special one based on sexual preference, especially for people for whom it is biologically impossible to be married to each other, is wrong. You're right, I don't like the ruling. I don't want my daughter to be forced to use the same restroom as the boys in her school. I don't necessarily like watching the collapse of Western civilization either, of which this is only a small part. But I am not discouraged. I think of it like having a recording of my favorite team's last game. I didn't get to watch last night, but plan to watch tonight. I already know the score. I know a few guys got pulled off the field in stretchers. But in the end, I know who wins. Same here.

To make a claim that this has no impact on any of our lives... Well, I think there is much more evidence to support that such will not be the case. Only time will answer that question definitively. I believe the impact will be severe, and negative, and irreparable. And by the time we realize it, it will be difficult or impossible to recover. We will lose our freedom, and mostly because we simply took it for granted and did not realize the responsibility that it carried. We will lose the freedoms we choose to abandon because we do not appreciate them, and the ones we hold dear. We are in a war, realize it or not. Maybe not a war of arms, but a cultural war, and it will impact all of us. I am not prepared to surrender just because you think you are the last word on right and wrong, hate and love. I am not sold. I will not surrender. I will trust 2000 years of history as opposed to a few decades of foolishness. We have become so arrogant that we have not only lost our sense of sin, but we live as if there were no such thing. We are not so enlightened as we like to think. Other advanced civilizations have gone down this road before, and never recovered. Only arrogance would say that we are immune from a similar fate, the same arrogance that those other civilizations suffered from.

jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Here's my take. I don't really care who marries whom, and I don't really care what the state recognizes. Who the **** are they to recognize anyone? What you do in the privacy of your own home doesn't concern me. I'd rather take away all the reasons the government uses to have their noses in it anyway. I'm just agnostic on the whole thing. I wish everyone else were too, then we could stop all the militant activists' name calling.

And please stop making people who don't agree with it out to be monsters. Disagreeing with gay marriage doesn't make people bigots. It doesn't make them haters. It doesn't make them stupid. It just makes them believe differently from you. So let's everyone just stop being a bunch of ***** ass whiners with all the name calling. People get to disagree with you. That doesn't make them evil.

That's all I have to say about that until I have more to say about that.

jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    9th

Edit: Crap. jdmack beat me to it.

Beat me with an unloaded speargun, if I'm not mistaken. =)

The gun in my avatar pic would be the four barreled Soviet SPP-1 underwater pistol.
    SPP-1 underwater pistol - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

original.jpg

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Heh, I remember when the idea of two dudes or two chicks being together was unspeakable!

Today, nothing wrong with it. Hell, I don't care who marries who. Legalize the gay marijuana and get it over with.

Pedosexuals are a thing though, and it's pretty unspeakable right now. But they have a voice, and "slippery slope" it all you want... it will become a thing.

I don't know if stopping gay marriage would solve that, or speed it up. I'm not sure what the solution is.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Bingo. My only gripe is if someone does not want to bake your wedding cake or take your wedding pictures then move on to someone that will and leave the news media out of it. Gay is no more or less special than straight. Stop with the "Butt Hurt"

Yeah, I said it.....:laugh6:
    I am reminded that we had just this cake baking episode in Indianapolis a couple of months ago. It made the news. And you know what happened? The bakery lost the gay couple business and someone else got it. No butts were hurt and no lawsuits were filed. In the previous two cases the bakeries broke existing state laws against discrimination. We have no such laws on the books in Indiana, so folks moved on and got their yummy cake elsewhere.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    It's addressed by the 9th Amendment and the 14th. Yes, the Right to legally marry IS a Right. Your belief that doing away with marriage apartheid will cause harm is based on no facts, whatsoever. Gay marriage has been the law in other state for years. Anything there effect you? No. Might cause your butt to hurt but that's nothing a bit of prep H and some serious thought won't cure.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    It's addressed by the 9th Amendment and the 14th. Yes, the Right to legally marry IS a Right. Your belief that doing away with marriage apartheid will cause harm is based on no facts, whatsoever. Gay marriage has been the law in other state for years. Anything there effect you? No. Might cause your butt to hurt but that's nothing a bit of prep H and some serious thought won't cure.

"marriage apartheid". Well, I guess you have to get your digs in whenever you have the opportunity.

andski3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    Carmel
    To create such a right, a very special one based on sexual preference, especially for people for whom it is biologically impossible to be married to each other, is wrong

I'm sorry but I fail to see how biology has anything to do with marriage.
    I've been married to my wife for 11 yes now and it has been a great 11yrs. I won't want to deny anyone that happiness.

I'll just leave this here.
    Gay Men Will Marry Your Girlfriends - YouTube

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I am reminded that we had just this cake baking episode in Indianapolis a couple of months ago. It made the news. And you know what happened? The bakery lost the gay couple business and someone else got it. No butts were hurt and no lawsuits were filed. In the previous two cases the bakeries broke existing state laws against discrimination. We have no such laws on the books in Indiana, so folks moved on and got their yummy cake elsewhere.

Yes but in the interim we were subjected to the whining BS fest those 2 whipped into a media frenzy. The bakery was subjected to ridicule and had to make public apology's to those who would cause them issue for their beliefs. This happens all to often and it gets my hair up. What hair I have left anyway.
    If you are granted/given/pledged something that was not available then take it and enjoy it. Stop pushing your life style up my back side. I do not bother anybody about their sexual preferences. Live your life and move on. Stop with the side show. My wife and I have 3 female gay couples we cal good and close friends. We are not homophobic.

My point is that it never should have made the news. Those 2 got Butt hurt (yeah, I said it) and wanted to make a scene.
    Stop it. Move forward.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN

Man I wish I would have known this earlier. I could have sued that girl who wouldn't marry me back in 1985 for violating my constitutional rights! :)

Ok MJ, we don't agree. I'll just leave it at that and agree to disagree.

My observation, if there is this much contention on a website for folks who supposedly share a common cause and interest, and this much division, I think as such it paints a fairer reflection than the actual reality of the growing divisiveness in our society over this issue. The main argument you seem to stand on is that everyone should be able to marry, simply because heterosexuals do, and causally dismiss the nature of marriage which has at its core procreation, or at least the openness to it for those who are unable to have children either due to age or other physiological reasons. You have never yet, at least in your posts that I have read, responded to the question of sin as the element that sets this issue aside from other landmark social issues of our time such as the right of women to vote or equal rights for racial minorities. Although I have raised that question many times, nobody who supports gay marriage can address that one. That is where your presumed premise of acceptability falls apart. If you want to have an objective discussion that addresses all of the issues surrounding gay marriage, then fine. But you have been unwilling to defend your premise that gay marriage is inherently "right", that those who do not agree with it are automatically stupid, haters, behind the times, whatever. This is a critical element surrounding this issue that you fail to address, a very important one, the reason why many very loving people can not accept it. It is not fair for you to disparage these people, many of whom would be the first to come to your assistance if you were ever in need. This issue impacts all of us not only because it is about gay marriage, but because it is about endorsement of sin by the government, not only an endorsement of it, but a shoving down our throats of it. Every choice we make, whether right or wrong, has a social element to it as well as a private one. We either build up society as a whole by our actions, or we tear it down. There is no neutral action, there is no purely private deed, good or bad. A time will come when we will see the impact that our choices have had on society, and we will have to live with that knowledge forever.

Top Bottom