• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I don't think that there's any argument that Covid is equally deadly across the age spectrum. It's obviously much more dangerous in older people. But ICU bed availability is ICU bed availability. At some point, it's a real problem for all of us, regardless of age. An overburdened health care system is going to affect much more than just Covid patients.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I don't think that there's any argument that Covid is equally deadly across the age spectrum. It's obviously much more dangerous in older people. But ICU bed availability is ICU bed availability. At some point, it's a real problem for all of us, regardless of age. An overburdened health care system is going to affect much more than just Covid patients.

OK. Then what do you see as an applicable answer/response to this. And please do not include masks. It is widely proven not to be effective.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    OK. Then what do you see as an applicable answer/response to this. And please do not include masks. It is widely proven not to be effective.

Back in the 60's we would have atomic bomb drills at my school. I think if we just all stay in and hide this will be very effective for Covid as well. Do it for Grandma :cool:

hiding.jpg

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy

There is none in this country. The freedom to lick doorknobs prevails, because 'Murica.

I'll believe that masks are not at least somewhat effective when someone posts a video of themselves blowing out a candle while wearing one.

Japan, which has much greater population density than we do, hasn't been hit with the numbers that we are seeing.

Might be the masks they all wear. Might be the rice and sake. Who knows?

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    There is none in this country. The freedom to lick doorknobs prevails, because 'Murica.

I'll believe that masks are not at least somewhat effective when someone posts a video of themselves blowing out a candle while wearing one.

Japan, which has much greater population density than we do, hasn't been hit with the numbers that we are seeing.

Japan in general has a better diet and a much lower obesity rate than the good ole US.

Last edited:

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Back in the 60's we would have atomic bomb drills at my school. I think if we just all stay in and hide this will be very effective for Covid as well. Do it for Grandma :cool:

View attachment 93140
    Same thing works for Covid.. Just hide under a table or your bed until the virus is gone if that's the way you want to live your life, It's MURICA and still your decision (for now).

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana

Maybe low obese rate?

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    The State of Indiana has so far refused to provide average ages of hospitalizations, ICU admissions and deaths...but IMO much can be inferred from the data they will provide.

Screenshot-2020-11-13-06-42-55.png

Screenshot-2020-11-13-06-42-48.png

An IU Health study showed that way back on 29 April, the average age of COVID death in Indiana was 76.9 years old; there's no reason to think that has substantially changed as of today.

The State of Massachusetts provides the most comprehensive COVID data of any state in the country; their average age of hospitalization is 67 and average age of death is 80.

If this is a public pandemic than stats about it should be released to the public.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    If this is a public pandemic than stats about it should be released to the public.

Sure, and as to deaths, they have been....since the beginning.

BTW, that duck and cover thing? People make fun of it, but much like COVID measures, it was (or would have been) effective in reducing injury and death (outside of the immediate blast area), but since we apparently won't accept anything other than 100% guarantees 100% of the time, we ridicule.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

They are on the whole a lot healthier than we are. A lot. Far more disciplined at about everything.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Sure, and as to deaths, they have been....since the beginning.

BTW, that duck and cover thing? People make fun of it, but much like COVID measures, it was (or would have been) effective in reducing injury and death (outside of the immediate blast area), but since we apparently won't accept anything other than 100% guarantees 100% of the time, we ridicule.

We had atomic blast drills often in school. Our grade school was bomb shelter rated. It still stands and is in use. It will long outlive us.
    We lined the walls out in the halls and assumed the position. No windows out there. Block and brick construction.

Or under the desks head down.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    We had atomic blast drills often in school. Our grade school was bomb shelter rated. It still stands and is in use. It will long outlive us.
    We lined the walls out in the halls and assumed the position. No windows out there. Block and brick construction.

Or under the desks head down.

Believe it or not, when I was in lower elementary in the '70s, we had 1 or 2 such drills...but on retrospect, at that time, I think it was political and designed to scare us.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Believe it or not, when I was in lower elementary in the '70s, we had 1 or 2 such drills...but on retrospect, at that time, I think it was political and designed to scare us.

In the early-mid 60's it was a big deal. Talked about in the media, ABC, NBC and CBS only back then. Also front page articles in all the papers that most people read back in the day. I can only imagine how crazy it would have been with today's social media and MSM. Probably on the same scale as Covid.

Top Bottom