• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I read an article comparing the 1918 pandemic with this one. Adjusting for differences in population, the 1918 pandemic would have killed more 3 million people today. They didn't shut down people's businesses, lock people in their homes, and force everyone to wear masks. No one wants to get sick or die, but it appears we've become a bunch of self absorbed pansies compared to our countrymen of a hundred years ago.

mask.png

"Many of the methods Americans used in 1918 to try to prevent the spread of the flu are similar to what people began doing during the COVID-19 pandemic: Close schools. Wear masks. Don’t cough or sneeze in someone’s face. Avoid large events and hold them outside when possible. And no spitting."

https://www.history.com/news/1918-pandemic-public-health-campaigns

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    "Many of the methods Americans used in 1918 to try to prevent the spread of the flu are similar to what people began doing during the COVID-19 pandemic: Close schools. Wear masks. Don’t cough or sneeze in someone’s face. Avoid large events and hold them outside when possible. And no spitting."

https://www.history.com/news/1918-pandemic-public-health-campaigns

And just like today, none of them did a damn bit of good except give people false hope and false security.

Everything old is new again.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    And just like today, none of them did a damn bit of good except give people false hope and false security.

Everything old is new again.

Yes, I'm sure it "doesn't do a damn bit of good" not to cough or sneeze in someone's face or avoid large events.

Also, the earth is flat.

:rolleyes:

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    God luck arguing with a science denier.

https://www.*****ute.com/video/4CHVOkyxgssf/

https://justthenews.com/politics-po...rg-review-mask-studies-found-no-evidence-they

Listen to the experts. The magic face diaper does nothing to protect you or anyone else. You're dancing for rain in the street and screaming at the meteorologist that he's denying science because he's not dancing with you.

It's not science, you're just dumb and easily manipulated, just the way the elite like you. :rolleyes:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    https://www.*****ute.com/video/4CHVOkyxgssf/

https://justthenews.com/politics-po...rg-review-mask-studies-found-no-evidence-they

Listen to the experts. The magic face diaper does nothing to protect you or anyone else. You're dancing for rain in the street and screaming at the meteorologist that he's denying science because he's not dancing with you.

It's not science, you're just dumb and easily manipulated, just the way the elite like you. :rolleyes:

Ease off the loud peddle my friend. I am not playing.
    1 more and the gate is to your left.
    Mouse aint playing. As I do agree with most of what you say I aint dumb. They aint dumb. Make your point.

The anxiety's are far to high and these threads will be shut down.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    You're dancing for rain in the street and screaming at the meteorologist that he's denying science because he's not dancing with you.

Yeah, but if it DOES start raining while I'm dancing in the street, should I bother taking my umbrella? Since, you know...fabric can't stop droplets.

:)

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    No. I'm operating under the assumption that you can ****ing read.

:coffee:

I read just fine. Sarcastic fact free responses are generally an indication that one has taken a position they are unable to defend. I was also operating under the assumption you were capable of reasoned discussion.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Quarantine and isolation of the ill, not the healthy. This a long but good read. But some of you won't read it and comment anyway. :cool:

The 1918 Influenza Pandemic: [FONT=&amp]The more restrictive methods of infection control issued by public health departments were quarantines and the isolation of the ill. These measures required a sacrifice of individual liberty for the societal good and therefore required a strong public health authority.

https://virus.stanford.edu/uda/fluresponse.html

[/FONT]

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    We will be going back under lock down within the next few days....

Welp, a few days has passed since you wrote that, and no more restrictions, in fact, the governor has said he has no intention at all to go down that road again.

So, can we official classify this as fake news from the Rainwater camp?

ajeandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    S. Indianapolis
    Welp, a few days has passed since you wrote that, and no more restrictions, in fact, the governor has said he has no intention at all to go down that road again.

So, can we official classify this as fake news from the Rainwater camp?

FYI, probably shouldn't be drinking rainwater...:laugh:

Safety of drinking rainwater

[FONT=&amp]There is nothing inherently unsafe about or wrong with drinking rainwater, as long as it’s clean. In fact, many communities around the world depend on rainwater as their primary source of drinking water.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]That said, not all rainwater is safe to drink.
    [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Several physical and environmental factors can quickly turn fresh, clean rainwater into a potential health hazard. It can contain parasites, harmful bacteria, and viruses and has historically been linked to disease outbreaks (2Trusted Source).[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]Rainwater that falls in heavily polluted areas or comes into contact with contaminants, such as animal feces or heavy metals, may not be appropriate for human consumption (2Trusted Source).[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]
    Thus, it’s not advisable to start collecting and drinking rainwater unless you’re 100% certain it’s clean and safe for human consumption.[/FONT]
    SUMMARYAlthough clean rainwater is safe to drink, it can easily become contaminated as it falls, which could pose a significant health hazard.

Top Bottom