• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    No, I’m just giving you the facts. McConnell had purposefully focused on changing the judiciary since Obama’s last term. It carried on to the Trump administration.
    OK, so a broken Kentuckian is right twice a day. It isn't like Mitch got to make that appointments.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Fair enough, but I haven’t noticed a reciprocal lack of “lecturing” from the residents here either. All seem pretty damn sure they’re right in every post.
    Well, perhaps some of us put a bit more thought into it and it shows?

For example, you want to use McConnell's speech to the senate as some kind of evidence of Trump's culpability, but have apparently failed to consider that your example has proven himself untrustworthy

If he believed Trump was innocent when he so voted, then his speech to the senate is self-serving posturing for future positioning and gain

If he believed Trump was guilty when he voted to acquit, then he has equally proven himself to be unprincipled and basing his behavior on other considerations rather than right or wrong

No matter how you parse it, McConnell has proven himself to be a swamp creature more interested in his personal agenda than what is in the best interests of the country. Not exactly someone you want to hold up as a moral compass

For future reference, I would advise against using Romney as an example of anything other than a lean and hungry look, also

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Well, perhaps some of us put a bit more thought into it and it shows?

For example, you want to use McConnell's speech to the senate as some kind of evidence of Trump's culpability, but have apparently failed to consider that your example has proven himself untrustworthy

If he believed Trump was innocent when he so voted, then his speech to the senate is self-serving posturing for future positioning and gain

If he believed Trump was guilty when he voted to acquit, then he has equally proven himself to be unprincipled and basing his behavior on other considerations rather than right or wrong

No matter how you parse it, McConnell has proven himself to be a swamp creature more interested in his personal agenda than what is in the best interests of the country. Not exactly someone you want to hold up as a moral compass

For future reference, I would advise against using Romney as an example of anything other than a lean and hungry look, also
    This pretty much. And another point is about the Democrats being able to convince 7 Senate Republicans to vote to convict is overplayed. Over half of them were no surprise and another one flip flopped back and forth on whether they even had the authority to consider a verdict.

Chewie

Old, Tired, Grumpy, Skeptical
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Martinsville
    Reality does matter. You should watch the trial and the evidence that was actually presented to the Senate. 57 members, plus McConnell, agreed he incited that attack.

They agreed ONLY to maintain their political position. People are saying that he incited the incident because that's what the MSM and the dims want people to believe. Their interpretation of what they thought (wanted) to hear. The incident began before Trump's speach, not after. A lot different than the left's support of rioters all summer. You need to examine facts including timing. Timing is reality and doesn't get changed to suit the narrative unless you are one of the indoctrinated.

Chewie

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Martinsville
    I watched 16 hours of evidence being presented. It detailed out the entire timeline from Trump’s pre-election insistence that any result other than him winning would be fraud to his two months of insisting that the election was stolen. He stoked the fire and convinced good people that the America we love would be lost forever unless he was declared the winner. He spent months trying every angle to overturn the will of the voters. Every time they next cog in the wheel of the election was set to turn, he tried in desperation to stop it from turning. January 6th was the last chance. As the Capitol was breached, and he watched it on TV, he refused to tell his followers to stop even as his aids and attorneys begged him too. Hell, he told the top GOP representative, Kevin McCarthy, that the people breaching the building cared more about helping him overturn the legal election than McCarthy did. For two hours he refused to take any steps to take back the Capitol. In fact, Pence had to request the guard come to their defense because Trump refused to. Watch the evidence before you spew that there is no evidence.

So impeachment 2.0 wasn't the same as 1.0? Same actions and interpretations but a few years later. With the same results. Isn't that the definition of insanity? Same actions expecting different results? Inquiring minds want to know!

Chewie

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Martinsville
    I am not trying to convince anyone here of anything. I have no secret goal of illuminating the uninformed. I, like you, have opinions and conclusions I’ve drawn from what I have read and seen. I have looked at sources other than the mainstream media. This site is, for the most part, an echo chamber for the beliefs most members want to hold. I came here because I love my guns. That’s all.

Really? Seems like you are.

Chewie

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Martinsville
    Fair enough, but I haven’t noticed a reciprocal lack of “lecturing” from the residents here either. All seem pretty damn sure they’re right in every post.

To me it seems like the majority of the lecturing is to get you to open your eyes and look at this from various points of view, not who is right and who is wrong!

IndyGal65

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Speedway, IN
    I am not trying to convince anyone here of anything. I have no secret goal of illuminating the uninformed. I, like you, have opinions and conclusions I’ve drawn from what I have read and seen. I have looked at sources other than the mainstream media. This site is, for the most part, an echo chamber for the beliefs most members want to hold. I came here because I love my guns. That’s all.
    You've got a real knack for words.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    So impeachment 2.0 wasn't the same as 1.0? Same actions and interpretations but a few years later. With the same results. Isn't that the definition of insanity? Same actions expecting different results? Inquiring minds want to know!
    Man stop wasting your energy. Seriously.

Top Bottom