• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I heard there was some special unemployment if you lost your job due to foreign competition. My neighbor in new castle worked for Chrysler and it was shut down and some foreign company (I think metaldyne) took it over and he lost his job. He had five years of 95% income headed his way.

That was the old contract when you could draw 95% equal to the years you worked. That was taken away during bankruptcy restructuring. Also, I'm not sure that was the case with your neighbor. It's been awhile and I really didn't pay that much attention but I think they were given three options, buyout, buyout and work for Metaldyne, or transfer to another plant. The transfer option allowed them to draw 95% until they could be placed in an open plant (you can't displace someone regardless of seniority, you have to wait for an opening). So, he probably drew 95% until they found an opening.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I just heard a man say he wished Trump would use "the power of the pen" to stop Rexnord from leaving.
    The news anchors acted like Trump was going back on his campaign promise because he didn't stop it.
    Even the local news is lying for the Dems.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Did you miss the "read" part? I don't even need to humor the idea that current times are worse than the 60s, anyone with ANY sense of history, understands that is false. Not only from a legitimate protest standpoint, but also from the bare bones standpoint. If you're willing to contest that notion, and state that current times are worse than the 60s, let me know, and present your argument.

Before we start, perhaps you might consider rereading what he is actually comparing.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I'm not going "pro or con" here but I MUST say that there's a huge difference in reading about an event and living through those times and events.
    Not many things are written about that don't have a "view point" that aligns with the author's slant and perception.
    I gots me a little bits of book learnin' and I can compare my personal observations to anyone else's observations.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I'm not going "pro or con" here but I MUST say that there's a huge difference in reading about an event and living through those times and events.
    Not many things are written about that don't have a "view point" that aligns with the author's slant and perception.
    I gots me a little bits of book learnin' and I can compare my personal observations to anyone else's observations.
    :yesway:

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    What, with the witch hunts and everything? I heard the 1660s were crazy times.

a8161c4afb78f5518af19968767ccca5_zpsldoboqgr.jpg

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    NOTICE:

I hereby offer a sincere apology to whomever might have been offended by items posted in my account name that could be construed to be insensitive to those of asian descent.
    Someone obtained my login info and posted that without my consent.
    It was not me.

[spaces deleted]

It was my evil Siamese twin Eng.

I see what you did there.

Now, what kind of Asian descent?

What, with the witch hunts and everything? I heard the 1660s were crazy times.

But the women were hot.

Hah! That was an INGO alley-oop!

Hush you! It's not like your real life experience could possibly offer you any insight into the reality of that bit of history.

What do I know, I was just a wee lad in those days.

I dig woodcuts!

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Some of you guys are really old...

Does Thailand only produce twins and cats? For some reason my mind is dwelling on that now.

Top Bottom