• ...and so much more!
  • 1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I don't think people would like the alternative answer to not having a local police department. I guess that want to live in a military state? I really feel bad for today's LEO's. And at the current rate of growth of the anti police movement the job is going to get tougher, not any easier.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    Glad the SOB is caught. Had a long criminal record. Why in the hell was he released early? Overcrowding? :facepalm:
    The DOC is releasing people on parole like I've never seen before. I recently saw a case where a guy on a 1 or two year DOC sentence was paroled and reoffending around 60 days later.

This just utterly offends me. A Marion co judge finally gives a svf probationer a straight executed sentence and DOC cuts them loose asap.

Serious violent felon on probation for felony handgun and felony battery case, reoffends with B felony handgun and violence conviction and DOC paroles him..

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    CENTRAL
    The DOC is releasing people on parole like I've never seen before. I recently saw a case where a guy on a 1 or two year DOC sentence was paroled and reoffending around 60 days later.

This just utterly offends me. A Marion co judge finally gives a svf probationer a straight executed sentence and DOC cuts them loose asap.

Serious violent felon on probation for felony handgun and felony battery case, reoffends with B felony handgun and violence conviction and DOC paroles him..

Exactly what I thought. Nuts!

steve0322

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2015
    Mooresville
    Don't forget... The cops are bad and he is part of a sweeping movement that will make it safer for everyone. He was totally justified in randomly shooting at an officer's house.

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    This is an orchestrated anti-police Black uprising, inspired by the BLM/New Black Panthers and funded by Soros. Of course BLM and NBP are fellow travelers with Pres Obama, Van Jones and Bill Ayres, et al.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

This is why these asshats are not fearful of catching a case.
    They might do a short bit but the revolving door sucks.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I have heard it is important to release all the convicts that we can and then get them in the ballot box voting for Hillary.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    The DOC has different stressors than the political cycle of the moment, or of the year. I humbly submit that this scumbag being out and about has nothing to do with the presidential election.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    The DOC has different stressors than the political cycle of the moment, or of the year. I humbly submit that this scumbag being out and about has nothing to do with the presidential election.
    Since IIRC parolees can't vote, I would agree. It really has to do with the criminal code revision, which moved a ton of people from DOC custody, actually raising the DOCs budget demands because math is hard as regards housing them in county. Plus, despite falling numbers, the DOC has no interest in closing a facility.

This all means that even though far fewer felons go to prison, the DOC has even less interest than before in actually keeping the ones that do.

It is truly the WORST of both worlds. I blame idiots at the DOC that couldn't figure out that the per diem to county was way more than the cost of actually imprisoning them and the legislators who failed to do any sort of due diligence.

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Mars Hill

I believe this statement to be true even with the lack of linked sources. I also believe it to be true that it is a huge problem that violent felons are not doing the proper time for their crimes. I have no linkable sources either.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    I believe this statement to be true even with the lack of linked sources. I also believe it to be true that it is a huge problem that violent felons are not doing the proper time for their crimes. I have no linkable sources either.
    Here is a linked source. The DOC acknowledges that it cost them 12 dollars a day to house a felon, but under the new code they pay 35 dollars a day not to have to house them. See page 5.

http://www.in.gov/sba/files/DOC_Transmittal_Letter.pdf

Consequently, they no longer even want to have to house the ones they are supposed to.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0