• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Old Dog

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2016
    Central Indiana
    Yup. If you were at the Hobby shop. We raced slot cars in there when I had the time. I graduated NWHS in 68 so I was a bit ahead of you but younger brother and sisters in your age bracket.
    Eagledale was a great place to grow up.
    WOW, I had HO and 1/64 slot cars that I used to run, it may have been @ that shop, can't remember for sure. Used to go to the A&P @ corner of 30th. & Georgetown & get smokes for my mom. Couldn't do that today.

yepthatsme

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Right Here
    Mom sent me down every other day for smokes and milk. A&P and B&B drugs.
    Oh man, I remember the A&P and the B&B. I also remember when the yoyo experts would stop by there and show off for everyone just to boost yoyo sales. Hey, you also can't forget about Toler Pharmacy either at 34th and Georgetown. It had a soda fountain in the back. All of us paperboys used to stop in there before starting our routes. And I used to go bowling at Eaglebowl as well. Wow, you guys stirred up a lot of memories.

I also remember when 30th was a dead end just west of Georgetown and of course the Coke field didn't exist at that time.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Life is interesting and the world is a small place. I lived on 30th st across from the old infield gate. Went to PS 61 from 63 to 68. Moved to Bertrand about 66. Best friend lived behind me on Patricia. Another friend lived on Falcon Dr. and scoutmaster and girlfriend lived on Thrush. Used to go to Eagledale shopping center on Saturdays to hit the hobby shop for model cars. Also used to go down the ditch by the school and sneek into the track. Probably saw or met some of you back then!
    The Hobby Shop was one of the Ed Shocks chain stores. I’d buy model tanks and planes there and would enter the contest they’d have occasionally. I miss going to all the old hobby shops looking for new kits and supplies.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    **I do not want to see more of this anywhere in the country**

That said, I wish these F^&%@43'n cowards would have the balls to fight like men. No sneak attacks or ambushes, if you've got a serious issue with law enforcement that will only be worked out through violence then announce your intentions and let those willing show up for the dance have a go. If you think you've got what it takes for a gunfight so be it, if you'd prefer hands on I know more than a few who would jump at the chance.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    **I do not want to see more of this anywhere in the country**

That said, I wish these F^&%@43'n cowards would have the balls to fight like men. No sneak attacks or ambushes, if you've got a serious issue with law enforcement that will only be worked out through violence then announce your intentions and let those willing show up for the dance have a go. If you think you've got what it takes for a gunfight so be it, if you'd prefer hands on I know more than a few who would jump at the chance.
    Are you kidding. We both know better.

jsx1043

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    Oh man, now I’m really confused. Are we supposed to be angry that someone was taking pot shots at a dedicated public servant, or are we supposed to be criticizing their poor aim because they didn’t take out a JBT? I can’t keep
    up anymore on here...

yepthatsme

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Right Here
    I've been listening to IMPD on the scanner late at night while on the computer. I'm amazed at all of the "shots fired" calls I've heard on there. These weren't just single shots mind you. Those probably don't even get reported. Many of these calls involved more than five shots fired. Those patrolling the area after the call, usually can't find any evidence or suspicious activity. This is understandable because they usually don't know the exact location of the incident. And some of these calls have come from heavily trafficked areas. The idiots that do the shootings could care less where their bullets land or who they should hit.

I am also disappointed to say that these calls have spread to the Northwest side as well, around the Eagledale and Speedway areas.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Hey - any of you NWsiders remember a bowling alley-converted to an indoor soccer place, with a bar attached? It would've been south of 38th, and I *think* it was west of Georgetown (maybe Moller?), but it might've been on G-town.

Spent many an evening getting rugburn on the barely-carpeted concrete there. Played some soccer, too. ;)

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Hey - any of you NWsiders remember a bowling alley-converted to an indoor soccer place, with a bar attached? It would've been south of 38th, and I *think* it was west of Georgetown (maybe Moller?), but it might've been on G-town.

Spent many an evening getting rugburn on the barely-carpeted concrete there. Played some soccer, too. ;)
    It is on the corner of W 34th/N High School Rd (6380 W 34th St) and is now a hispanic bar. IAlso the scene of the officer-involved shooting in November 2020. .

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    No link yet, just heard it on WIBC. Car hit, no mention of the officer being hit. 38th and Industrial, that would be spittin distance from the Northwest District HQ.

Either shooting at the cruiser or collateral from another shooting. Neither of those are good, the former is much worse than the latter.

Any word Frank?

Illegal shooting on 38th Street?

That's strange.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I've been listening to IMPD on the scanner late at night while on the computer. I'm amazed at all of the "shots fired" calls I've heard on there. These weren't just single shots mind you. Those probably don't even get reported. Many of these calls involved more than five shots fired. Those patrolling the area after the call, usually can't find any evidence or suspicious activity. This is understandable because they usually don't know the exact location of the incident. And some of these calls have come from heavily trafficked areas. The idiots that do the shootings could care less where their bullets land or who they should hit.

I am also disappointed to say that these calls have spread to the Northwest side as well, around the Eagledale and Speedway areas.
    Yup. Even with an ammo shortage we hear some ass burn a mag. Usually west of us down by NWHS. The section 8 **** holes down there are ripe with Darwin types.

Top Bottom