I'm new and your 50-post rule sucks! Please change it for my convenience.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    mod=moderator the ones that keep us inline when we are online with ingo. They are either the best people in the world or the worst of the worst depending on circumstances. Behave yourself and they will not have to :whip:you.

D2VW14_20

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Scottsburg In

INyooper

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2009
    North Central IN
    Sorry, but with all this talk about mods, I flashed back to this... "Justice never goes out of style." Can you dig it??? :D :dunno:

the_mod_squad_dvd_season_1_volume_1__1_.jpg

wizardfitz

Expert
    Rating - 95.8%
    23   1   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    franklin,in
    Need Help

been here for a awhile. wanted to contact someone to buy a gun. couldn't because i need 50 post. started posting, got to 10. posted 7 or so yesterday. it now shows 11. i just posted 6 and it still shows 11. what i am doing wrong, at this rate i'm going backwards

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    been here for a awhile. wanted to contact someone to buy a gun. couldn't because i need 50 post. started posting, got to 10. posted 7 or so yesterday. it now shows 11. i just posted 6 and it still shows 11. what i am doing wrong, at this rate i'm going backwards

You have to select the "+" option when you post.
    The default is the "-" position.

If all else fails try the 0_o option.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008

You need to read the FAQ and the Classified Rules that you ignored when you joined. Posts like these:

wizardfitz said:

wizardfitz said:
    great billboards

wizardfitz said:
    very nice, congrats

wizardfitz said:
    congrats on the new purchase(working to get posts so to pm sellers)

are what we refer to as "one liners". They are without any content. They contribute nothing to the forum, but they sure drive your post count up fast. If you have under 50 posts (and especially when you've made it clear that you're posting junk to get into the classifieds), those posts get removed.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    It is possible to say a lot, without saying anything. Likewise, "less is more" or the "KISS" rule, is a standard that not enough people should embrace, IMO.

Yes, it is possible to say a lot, but that's almost never the case. Those who are just running up their post count invariably follow the same formula and they're astonishingly easy to detect.

rgrimm01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Sullivan County, IN
    You still don't under stand do you.

Plain and simple it has been determined that as a buyer and seller that it takes 50 posts for members to get a "feel" about you as a member. Letting them know if they want to do business with you or not.

Personally if you had 1 post and contributed to be a site supporter I still would NOT do business with you until you hit 50.

Why, because like Fenway (INGO'S owner) and the mods, I feel the need to gauge your intentions and conduct before making a decision.

It's not hard at all to accumulate 50 quality posts over a 4-5 day period, even if you are a lurker.

Remember, INGO is a FORUM first and foremost, classifieds are just a secondary benefit that goes along with being a member here.

^^+1 You have stated that most eloquently... I have enjoyed my time perusing the different post and have picked up on some things that maybe I would have missed otherwise...

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    Newbies often fail to realize that this is a discussion board that happens to have a classified area and not just a guns sales board. They are better served on Armslist or Craigslist.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom