• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Did you watch the birth of your child?

• Total voters

Doty

At peace
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 13, 2011
    Central Indiana
    My wifes water broke an 1 and 1/2 before we actually got the hospital. By the time time we got there she was crowning. That big headed baby of came flying out of there gray and wet. After seeing my child i didnt think much about how the labor was. but thr after birth is what made me sick.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    all three of mine were born via c-section and I got to watch every time. The first time the doc (same one all 3 times) called me behind the blue curtain and gave me a anatomy class on my wife's insides before he shoved them back in ;)

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I stayed up by my wife's head to comfort her, wipe her brow, hold her hand, etc.

The mirror on the ceiling was almost too much for me. LOL

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I had pictures of my insides but I don't know what happened to them. They were either taken during my c-section or when I had my gall bladder removed a few months after the c-section. I'm sure they are here in the house somewhere but we moved since then. They also gave me my gall stones back as well. :) I kept telling them they could take all of my fat as well, but for some reason, they wouldn't do that.

I didn't get to watch my c-section but I would have if I could have. I was giggling a lot because I could feel things moving around. My husband was a trooper and I'm so glad he was there. It was difficult seeing our little angel hooked up to tubes and everything. 12 years later, you wouldn't have known she was born a preemie.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    You guys are making me dread those days.

Geeze, I nearly fainted when I took the dogs to the vet for their rabies vacs....

I don't know if I can handle sitting in the delivery room with my wife. They'll have to get a chair to strap me into...

JohnE

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I was there for the birth of my two. I helped hold the wife's (now ex) legs so they could be delivered. I thought it was a great experience to see. I was also there for the birth of my grandson. The worst part for me is seeing the placenta it didn't make me sick but I thought that was the worst part of the birth.

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    I delivered my kids myself.... no big deal. Just like changing the spark plugs.

What I really regret was watching my little brother being born...

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    Under specific direction of mrs. monkey I did not "watch" but I did take a peek. It's not like in the movies where there's a curtain or something. It's all RIGHT THERE and I was holding a leg.

She did the first two vag and urgent c-sec the third time.

I have absolutely NO desire to go through ANY of that again. Without a hospital and good doctors, nurses, and hospitalists, I doubt I'd have any children or wife. All were incredibly complicated.

The wife doesn't want to close up shop just yet, but I'd be willing to go under the knife this afternoon if she agreed.

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    Another thing nobody tells you: newborns are NOT cute. Seeing that angry little reddish-purplish cottage-cheese covered alien starting to emerge is... freaky. This is why Vikings went out conquering for such long trips.

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Indy East Side
    I was in the OR during the c-section as well. I have pics of the first few seconds of my Daughter's life outside the womb and video of my Son's. Pretty cool to watch. My wife doesn't think it's that cool though.

AZ Hunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2010
    Tucson, AZ
    I watched over the curtain as my boys were being born! (c-section) That.was.awesome.!! :D

I then, 3 years later, watched as my daughter was born naturally. Pretty cool.

Mad Macs

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    I've watched all 3 of my kids born via C Section, the last one being an emergency where both mom and baby weren't doing well at all. Nothing about it bothered me, and I saw more of my wife than I dreamed possible to see. The only part that freaked me out was when #3 came out she was unresponsive. 9 months later and that little princess is hauling ass around the house.

Top Bottom