Illinois Safe-T Act. Just gonna throw gas on the fire.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jcole123

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2022
    Indianapolis

Sadly when Illinois and Michigan run people out of the state with their idiotic policies, they’ll move to Indiana and vote the same here. It’s currently what’s happening in Texas and Arizona, where the idiots from California are fleeing their state, but then voting for the same people acting like there will be a different outcome.

jsx1043

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    Sadly when Illinois and Michigan run people out of the state with their idiotic policies, they’ll move to Indiana and vote the same here. It’s currently what’s happening in Texas and Arizona, where the idiots from California are fleeing their state, but then voting for the same people acting like there will be a different outcome.
    And this is why it should be on our radar. It’s more a matter of intelligence gathering and being aware of the sea change, rather than directly caring outright what communists do in their own communities. The problem is, communists don’t stay in their own communities, the think EVERYWHERE is their community - if not right now, it will be.

jcole123

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2022
    Indianapolis
    I'm curious how this works for repeat crimes. Mr. Thug walks into a store and robs it, gets his picture taken by the security camera which fits his existing criminal record. Police pick him up, goes through arraignment and gets his court date and is released. Stops by another store and robs it on the way home, rinse and repeat. Back in front of the judge the next day. Does he get another court date and released again? Where does this end with him staying in jail? How much discretion will magistrates have? Mr. Thug could get his court date and go home in a bad mood scoring some drugs along the way. He beats his girlfriend to death and cripples her children while under the influence of drugs and is picked up again by the police. Another court date and release? It's not first degree murder. Illinois will look like Mexico in short order.
    Well it was about 6 months ago when they had arrested the guy in New York something like 45 times for shoplifting and other petty crimes and after they booked him they sent him back on his merry way. Chaos is what people want and it’s what they’re getting.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I don't know if this specifically relates to the SAFE Act, but it seems a good place to put it

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    At some point the people will either violently rise up and take the country back, or they won’t…. At my age another 25 would be pushing it to stay above ground. I might just skate by based on the speed at which those concerned seem to be moving and it will take the other side that long to figure it all out.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    At some point the people will either violently rise up and take the country back, or they won’t…. At my age another 25 would be pushing it to stay above ground. I might just skate by based on the speed at which those concerned seem to be moving and it will take the other side that long to figure it all out.
    As long as the masses have food nothing will happen.

Look at history.

planedriver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 20, 2009
    gone
    If you want a circus try to navigate the liberal hot mess I have to make sense of on a daily basis as a farmer. I just wish they would leave farmers alone ( no corporate welfare, no price fixing, let me sell to what ever buyer I choose) without using my product as a political weapon.

Know this…….. Farmers are the only business persons on the planet who pay retail for all of their inputs and sell all of their products at wholesale.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    If you want a circus try to navigate the liberal hot mess I have to make sense of on a daily basis as a farmer. I just wish they would leave farmers alone ( no corporate welfare, no price fixing, let me sell to what ever buyer I choose) without using my product as a political weapon.

Know this…….. Farmers are the only business persons on the planet who pay retail for all of their inputs and sell all of their products at wholesale.
    How are you not allowed to sell to the buyer of your choice, or what do you mean by that?

planedriver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 20, 2009
    gone
    How are you not allowed to sell to the buyer of your choice, or what do you mean by that?
    That’s a really long explanation so I’m gonna give you the 30,000 foot overview. I’m willing to dive as deep as you want but I would have to write a novel.

The daily price for grain is set at the Chicago board of trade in a similar way stock markets set prices on a given company’s stock.

To be fair, I can take my commodity to any elevator I choose and sell it. The price I get will be what the days settlement on the Chicago board is less elevator fees and deductions AND a government mandated “checkoff” fee per bushel. So now I have decided what elevator I’m going to take my grain to based on the fees the elevator charges. (The base price per bushel is going to be the same everywhere.)

Since I don’t have and probably can’t afford the licensing to grade, weigh, sell on the secondary market or export farm commodities. This is where I gotta stop thinking I can sell. (If you wonder how that can work just try to enter this or any other country with a bag of dry beans or any non processed grain. Customs will take it and perhaps fine you.)

China is one of the largest buyers of commodities here in the USA. When the fed decides to embargo china, India, an African country, prices plummet and I’m holding the bag. It’s impossible for me to call china or whoever else and let them know I have 2,000 tons of grain and ask if they want to buy it. If it’s traited grain, by an act of congress, Monsanto/bayer has a patent on the traits so it can’t be replanted (farmers have lost the whole farm to Monsanto by trying to get away with it.) or sold to anyone who you may think who would attempt to plant it. In any case I can’t negotiate my own price.

I hope this gives you an idea of how our government controls what’s going to be on your table this evening. If you want to know more let me know.

If you are a conspiracy, theorist, think of the deepest darkest most evil conspiracy, that you think the government may one day do. Rest assured that they are already doing things that are much worse.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    That’s a really long explanation so I’m gonna give you the 30,000 foot overview. I’m willing to dive as deep as you want but I would have to write a novel.

The daily price for grain is set at the Chicago board of trade in a similar way stock markets set prices on a given company’s stock.

To be fair, I can take my commodity to any elevator I choose and sell it. The price I get will be what the days settlement on the Chicago board is less elevator fees and deductions AND a government mandated “checkoff” fee per bushel. So now I have decided what elevator I’m going to take my grain to based on the fees the elevator charges. (The base price per bushel is going to be the same everywhere.)

Since I don’t have and probably can’t afford the licensing to grade, weigh, sell on the secondary market or export farm commodities. This is where I gotta stop thinking I can sell. (If you wonder how that can work just try to enter this or any other country with a bag of dry beans or any non processed grain. Customs will take it and perhaps fine you.)

China is one of the largest buyers of commodities here in the USA. When the fed decides to embargo china, India, an African country, prices plummet and I’m holding the bag. It’s impossible for me to call china or whoever else and let them know I have 2,000 tons of grain and ask if they want to buy it. If it’s traited grain, by an act of congress, Monsanto/bayer has a patent on the traits so it can’t be replanted (farmers have lost the whole farm to Monsanto by trying to get away with it.) or sold to anyone who you may think who would attempt to plant it. In any case I can’t negotiate my own price.

I hope this gives you an idea of how our government controls what’s going to be on your table this evening. If you want to know more let me know.

If you are a conspiracy, theorist, think of the deepest darkest most evil conspiracy, that you think the government may one day do. Rest assured that they are already doing things that are much worse.
    That’s a good 30,000’ view write up.

I have enough to worry about without having a direct number to China for my 71,428 and a half bushels of corn (2000 tons, ;) )

I wholeheartedly agree with you on getting govt out of telling us what to do, and the subsidy system that just goes back to the landowners.
    There is an argument in there for a level playing field between countries, somehow.

We’ve been a non-gmo corn grower for food grade corn for probably 30 years now, and taking advantage of specialty bean premiums when it works as well as of late.

I watched my dad play the board to make money when he had to (pure speculation), probably close to a million $, but he told me on his deathbed that he lost more than he ever made.

We just keep our nose to the grindstone and look for premium opportunities and relationships.

planedriver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 20, 2009
    gone
    That’s a good 30,000’ view write up.

I have enough to worry about without having a direct number to China for my 71,428 and a half bushels of corn (2000 tons, ;) )

I wholeheartedly agree with you on getting govt out of telling us what to do, and the subsidy system that just goes back to the landowners.
    There is an argument in there for a level playing field between countries, somehow.

We’ve been a non-gmo corn grower for food grade corn for probably 30 years now, and taking advantage of specialty bean premiums when it works as well as of late.

I watched my dad play the board to make money when he had to (pure speculation), probably close to a million $, but he told me on his deathbed that he lost more than he ever made.

We just keep our nose to the grindstone and look for premium opportunities and relationships.
    We should get together over a beer sometime. You know what I’m trying to get across here. It’s really so complicated and deep you have to be a farmer to really begin to understand. The gas office usually is clueless about their little corner of the sector.

Have the clowns who buy carbon credits tried to scam you yet? $35 per acre maybe so they can do a paper shuffle. After the trading of dollars nothing changed environmentally. Everything is where it was before the paper shuffle but Volvo and a few other “green” companies can claim to be carbon neutral. Roflmao

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    We should get together over a beer sometime. You know what I’m trying to get across here. It’s really so complicated and deep you have to be a farmer to really begin to understand. The gas office usually is clueless about their little corner of the sector.

Have the clowns who buy carbon credits tried to scam you yet? $35 per acre maybe so they can do a paper shuffle. After the trading of dollars nothing changed environmentally. Everything is where it was before the paper shuffle but Volvo and a few other “green” companies can claim to be carbon neutral. Roflmao
    We had a seed salesman all about the carbon credit thing, pioneer and whoever owns them now was behind it, we gently said shove it, or maybe not so gently. Also got a lot from Cargill.
    Back to the woke corporates trying to control.

We’ve no tilled in some form since 81, and they won’t pay anyone already doing what they want, only ones that will change to play their game, that seemed wrong to me.

Are you central IN?
    Oh nevermind, you have a plane!!

planedriver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 20, 2009
    gone
    We had a seed salesman all about the carbon credit thing, pioneer and whoever owns them now was behind it, we gently said shove it, or maybe not so gently. Also got a lot from Cargill.
    Back to the woke corporates trying to control.

We’ve no tilled in some form since 81, and they won’t pay anyone already doing what they want, only ones that will change to play their game, that seemed wrong to me.

Are you central IN?
    Oh nevermind, you have a plane!!
    Lol. Yep I have a plane….. just tell them you aren’t doing cover crops. I wonder how many billions of dollars the tax payer is being scammed on our backs. Not to mention the tax credits for Volvo etc for being carbon neutral.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bengineer
    Top Bottom