If you couldn't live in Indiana and had to live in a different state...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    KY is nice. I hear they have good jelly.

OR perhaps TN or GA. Or even western NC.

Way outside the box would be NM.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Texas for sure lots of places to shoot rifles very far. Also great hunting laws there and one of the few states that is auto knife friendly.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    It's not another state but I think I'd rather live in Australia. If I have to pick a state though, probably Kentucky to be near my family.

I loved Australia and I think I could get use to going to the beach on Christmas. I don't think I'd want to live there forever though. I've been looking at land (as a someday, possibly kind of thing) in the middle of nowhere Kentucky, West Virginia, and Maine.

Shadow8088

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    Back to PA... better hunting, bigger deer, real rifles... oh.. and actual moving water.. these sluggish streams up here in NWI just **** me off when people call them trout streams..

fdbc

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Westfield
    I would go to Az. I have family there and there are some parts of the desert that are nice. Not many people in the are around my family either.

mayor al

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    Floyd/Harrison Count
    We had lived in SoCal for a long time before retiring in 2000. Our first choice was here in So Indiana for many reasons, including kids and grandkids in this area. Our second choice, and would have been first if the kids had not requested our return to this area, was SOUTHERN (DIXIE) UTAH. The area near St George and Zion Nat'l Park and Lake Powell. I love the high-desert area and would return there if circumstances in our family or my health were to change to permit it. But The medical services in Louisville and Indy are keeping me alive, and 20 of the 25 grandkids are within an hour of us...and, right now, that is more important than the scenic tranquility and great hunting in Utah.

We could call the Lake Powell area home very easily !!

12915.jpg

Last edited:

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    Without a doubt Anchorage, Alaska. Why is it that everybody thinks ALL of Alaska is cold? There are like 4 different weather patterns there. Anchorage has a higher average temperature during winter time than what the winter temps usually are here. Average is around 32 during the winter in Anchorage.

Now go 2 hrs north of Anchorage and things are very different..>FRIGID COLD!

Last edited:
    Top Bottom