If handguns r not reg in IN then what do Police Check?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    does anyone have a number on how many stolen guns/guns involved in crimes are recovered each year thanks to this practice? when is the last time you heard of someone getting shot because a cop took his pistol to run a number?

i guess i don't mind letting officers of the law do what we pay them to do. as for the rest of you...?

i'm legit as well as my weapons. if this practice means 100 LESS guys that shouldn't have guns get them taken away and see jail time because of it, great. let the officers do their jobs. if you're so upset about it, the ONCE IN A LIFETIME yall get pulled over, speak your mind instead of letting it go and making post after post online bashing this practice.

No numbers, but I cannot imagine they do very often. Think about it. First off, there's no duty to inform, and as such, the officer will not know I have a weapon in the first case in most instances. Secondly, if an officer finds it while searching you, you are already doing something , so the officer isn't just taking your gun to run it, he's taking it from you for his safety.

If this practice results in rainbows and unicorn farts, I'd still be against it. :D

homeless

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    indy
    When they ask to take if, "for their safety and yours" ask them if you can do the same with their duty weapon.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    When they ask to take if, "for their safety and yours" ask them if you can do the same with their duty weapon.

Uhhhh...
    Just from experience this is not a real good idea. :D

Rates right up there with the time my buddy got pulled over for DWI. I was free to take my happy drunk butt away. Till I opened my mouth and asked if it was alright if I drove home cause I was getting tired. :D

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    No numbers, but I cannot imagine they do very often. Think about it. First off, there's no duty to inform, and as such, the officer will not know I have a weapon in the first case in most instances. Secondly, if an officer finds it while searching you, you are already doing something , so the officer isn't just taking your gun to run it, he's taking it from you for his safety.

If this practice results in rainbows and unicorn farts, I'd still be against it. :D
    unicornfart.jpg

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    If I hold a valid LTCH, then what reason do they have to disarm me?

Sounds like more of a reason to not present your pink card when you give them your license and registration.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    If I hold a valid LTCH, then what reason do they have to disarm me?

Sounds like more of a reason to not present your pink card when you give them your license and registration.

That. ^

I won't be announcing that I'm armed unless I have to. I won't be showing my pepto-bismol paper unless it's requested. If I'm asked to disarm (or given the :bs: line about "for your safety and mine" :rolleyes:), I won't refuse, but I will ask to do it myself. Slowly.

:twocents:

Blessings,
    Bill

Top Bottom