• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mudcat

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Warrick county
    I was so pissed I blew that gas station stage. But it happens to everyone, especially me. TJ you burned it up with that revolver man, great job!

So how about a classifier and RO class?

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    I was so pissed I blew that gas station stage. But it happens to everyone, especially me. TJ you burned it up with that revolver man, great job!

I felt bad because you came out from behind cover so fast I couldn't call you back before you started firing. It doesn't help but probably 75% of shooters were ready to come around that corner shooting while moving so it's not like you were the only one.

I'm ready for a classifier and I'd do another SO class just as a refresher if they needed warm bodies to justify one.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana

I felt bad because you came out from behind cover so fast I couldn't call you back before you started firing. It doesn't help but probably 75% of shooters were ready to come around that corner shooting while moving so it's not like you were the only one.

I'm ready for a classifier and I'd do another SO class just as a refresher if they needed warm bodies to justify one.

Thanks Greg! Didn't do too shabby yourself:yesway:

Yep- I had two mental breakdowns Sat- one was that stage. Thankfully I was recalled before taking a shot. I had it all played out in my mind, then the buzzer rang, and forgot all about it. The other was the bear. Remembered it during the pistol stage, forgot it during the shotgun stage. Steve ain't playin with procedurals either- cost me 3 full seconds!

I doubt it could ever work, but I think it would be cool to have enough SOs so that every other month one group of them could just shoot. It would help with burnout, plus those guys put in a lot at every match and just need a break sometime. :twocents:

I'm up for a classifier too- but I might go to Bowling Green to get it. They hold a classifier for the regular match ever so often and its on Saturday. All the talk I've heard about classifiers at Redbrush are on Sunday and Wednesdays. That is one thing I like about USPSA- you get a classifier stage in every match.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    I'm up for a classifier too- but I might go to Bowling Green to get it. They hold a classifier for the regular match ever so often and its on Saturday. All the talk I've heard about classifiers at Redbrush are on Sunday and Wednesdays. That is one thing I like about USPSA- you get a classifier stage in every match.

Oh thats it! TJ is next on the banned list! Complaining about Redbrush procedures AND liking USPSA in the same post??? Know your role son!

parkerj112

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.8%
    30   1   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    Southern Indiana
    Just out of curiosity and not knowing everyone's name, was Brad Davidson, Louis Walker or John Schaefer in our squad?

It's not really the IDPA way, but I'm always interested in where guys place overall according to division. Looks like its pretty diverse at Redbrush.

1.) Harris Jr, Greg (SSP)
    94.98 (11)

2.) Davidson, Brad (ESP)
    98.72 (9)

3.) Eadens, Brad (ESP)
    99.90 (14)

4.) Walker, Louis (SSP)
    114.44 (33)

5.) Owens, Steve C. (SSP)
    117.06 (14)

6.) Fisher, Donald (ESP)
    120.03 (9)

7.) Basden, Michael (CDP)
    121.88 (28)

8.) Schaefer, John (SSP)
    129.16 (33)

9.) Vierling, Matt (CDP)
    137.54 (28)

10.) Milam, T.J. (ESR)
    138.42 (21)

I think that Davidson and Walker were in my group. They seemed to both be "well seasoned" competition shooters. Eadens dropped by at one point to talk to them, I guess that they shot together before. I think that people need name tags... Would be easier to keep track of them.

Parker

SMHurt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Brad Davidson is from the Louisville Ky area and just made Masterclass in SSP. I've seen him shoot in Tenn, Ky, Indiana, Mo, and Illinois so he's made the rounds in IDPA and USPSA. He's about as serious as it gets.

famous187

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2010
    hello,
    dont know if this is the right spot for this but -
    i have been a member of Red Brush for a couple years now and would love to shoot in IDPA type matches (never shot any comp. before) but, I have to work every Saturday. As a bonus to working every Saturday, I have off Sunday , Monday , and Tuesday. I was wondering if anyone would be interested in setting up some "practice" IDPA type get-togethers on Sun, Mon, or Tues once a month or so? Like I said, I can't participate in the actual Saturday matches due to work but this way I could at least get my feet wet and get some practice until that situation changed. Let me know if anyone would be interested in doing this.

-chrsi

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    hello,
    dont know if this is the right spot for this but -
    i have been a member of Red Brush for a couple years now and would love to shoot in IDPA type matches (never shot any comp. before) but, I have to work every Saturday. As a bonus to working every Saturday, I have off Sunday , Monday , and Tuesday. I was wondering if anyone would be interested in setting up some "practice" IDPA type get-togethers on Sun, Mon, or Tues once a month or so? Like I said, I can't participate in the actual Saturday matches due to work but this way I could at least get my feet wet and get some practice until that situation changed. Let me know if anyone would be interested in doing this.

-chrsi

That is a good idea, I know several guys that would get together a day or so before the match and do some practicing during the warmer months. Nothing official but those guys may end up starting that again as it gets towards spring.

famous187

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2010
    yea thats what i'd like to do. i just want to shoot with some guys that actually compete in IDPA so i can learn how the game works. nothing serious, just for fun. if you'd be interested in getting something together let me know. like i said, im available to shoot on sundays, mondays, and tuesdays. mon or tues would probably be best.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    I'd like to try something maybe during the summer, but sadly I'm not a member of Red Brush. I live about an hour's drive away in Posey County so I haven't joined just yet. It's possible during the spring/summer months when the weather is more cooperative somebody will look to put something on.

famous187

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2010
    I have a CED7000 shot timer.

When are you guys able to shoot? Like I said, anytime Monday or Tuesday is best for me right now.

Like I said, it doesn't have to be anything serious. Just setup some basic courses of fire. You guys that shoot the IDPA matches could keep some type of structure to it since I'm not real familiar with how the scoring works. I have a bunch of IDPA cardboard targets and even more VTAC targets that have the IDPA scoring lines on them that we could use.

Top Bottom