• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Glad you liked the poster/sign! Oh and your "win" over mudcat jr. was with a Saiga semi auto and he had a pump!

Interesting you mention that fact. You know, nobody said to me before the match "you'll win, you've got a Saiga." In fact, I distinctly remember someone- one particular person- saying "he's going to be beat you even with a pump." I won't name names:laugh:

Of course, a large part of my smack-talk is due to Greg saying he reads what we say about him on here:D

The Saiga also put a Benelli down today. Before ya'll got down there, some dude ran it and ran really well. At the end there was shouts of "yeah! that's how you do it!!" I beat him by 11 seconds (including baby bear procedural)- and heard crickets:( Where's the love:laugh::laugh:

By the way, all this silly talk aside, great sidematch Steve. I really like your courses in the way they have a mix of the technical/handling/accuracy aspects with just enough hosing to make it fun:yesway:

Constructionist

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    First timer here. Had a great time and plan on doing it again. Special thanks to Steve and Matt for all the tutelage and guidance. Already planning our next trip, and trying to convince family members of how much fun it was and that they need to join in next time.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    First timer here. Had a great time and plan on doing it again. Special thanks to Steve and Matt for all the tutelage and guidance. Already planning our next trip, and trying to convince family members of how much fun it was and that they need to join in next time.

Glad you had a good time! Whose group did you end up in? The cool kids? (DustyDawg-Mike, sbcman- TJ, and myself are the cool kids...) We had a cute little cheerleader as our score keeper if that helps.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon

Great to hear you had a good time! I remember my first time like it was yesterday. My only regret about shooting IDPA is not doing it sooner!

SMHurt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Yeah .... shooting IDPA for the first time is like going to prison. You're a little scared and excited all at the same time! Keep up the good work at IDPA guys. It's your chance to shoot at the range with a little stress. Remember, only shoot as fast as you can accurately.

Constructionist

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Glad you had a good time! Whose group did you end up in? The cool kids? (DustyDawg-Mike, sbcman- TJ, and myself are the cool kids...) We had a cute little cheerleader as our score keeper if that helps.

Steve Owens was my SO. We weren't so lucky as to have a cute score keeper. just ugly old guys like me. Didn't catch too many other names since I was concentrating on learning as much as possible. The was a Peter, Jon, Brandon... and a fellow with a bad leg who shot a S&W .357

Constructionist

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Yeah .... shooting IDPA for the first time is like going to prison. You're a little scared and excited all at the same time! Keep up the good work at IDPA guys. It's your chance to shoot at the range with a little stress. Remember, only shoot as fast as you can accurately.

Apart from the pure joy of shooting and learning something new, my primary reason for being out there was to put myself in adrenalin-charged, pressure scenarios. I want to know how to stay focused and survive (and keep my family safe) if God forbid I ever find myself in a crisis situation. I learned a lot, have to un-learn much more, and will take a different pistol next time. I carry either a Springer 1911 or XDm .40 as my EDC; having been thru some courses once with the 1911 it's the XDm's turn next time. Need to see which one should be my preferred sidearm for the time being, and which needs more practice. Along those lines, I also learned what to practice.

scowens

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 31, 2009
    Southern Indiana
    Thanks guys for all the positive feedback!:)

These are fun to draw up and put together! Unfortunately, they make for a loooooonnnnnggggg day. Thanks to those who came early and helped set up, and to those who stuck around and broke it down when we were all tired. Both of these are one of the biggest helps!

I do have the scores. I'll post them with the normal Match results. Sorry you gotta wait for them. Won't make any comments....yea I will, I got first place in points down! :xmad: Watch yer email.

I would also like to ask what was going on on the right rear tire of the truck?!? Seems like TF and DDawg had some issues/comments there, huh?!? And no one, until now, has congratulated DDawg in completing a whole COF - way to go!!!

Sbcman, you rep'ed me so I guess I'll keep my comments....glad to see you out there!

Constructionist

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Thanks guys for all the positive feedback!:)

These are fun to draw up and put together! Unfortunately, they make for a loooooonnnnnggggg day. Thanks to those who came early and helped set up, and to those who stuck around and broke it down when we were all tired. Both of these are one of the biggest helps!

I do have the scores. I'll post them with the normal Match results. Sorry you gotta wait for them. Won't make any comments....yea I will, I got first place in points down! :xmad: Watch yer email.

I would also like to ask what was going on on the right rear tire of the truck?!? Seems like TF and DDawg had some issues/comments there, huh?!? And no one, until now, has congratulated DDawg in completing a whole COF - way to go!!!

Sbcman, you rep'ed me so I guess I'll keep my comments....glad to see you out there!

I freely and openly admit I was one who had to leave after the last course, without chipping in at all to help out afterwards. I know that's bad form and it won't happen again - had to get home in time to make The Boss happy and ensure another IDPA trip! Now that I know the drill, I'll be sure to pull my weight next time.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Yeah .... shooting IDPA for the first time is like going to prison.

I've been looking for a tag line- looks like I just got one:laugh:

Scott- you've been in comps longer than any of us, I guess, and I've taken your advice to shoot clean to heart. I'm pretty sure yesterday was the cleanest match I've shot, but I was slower. So, what is your advice on a proper speed for accuracy- or, said another way, what do you consider acceptable accuracy on a COF to still be competitive?

A guy could slow waaay down and shot all 0 downs- but he's not going to be competitive. He could shoot a target in 3 seconds with 0 down, and another guy shoot the same target in 2 seconds with 1 down and the second guy wins.

Just wondering your thoughts on all this.

I freely and openly admit I was one who had to leave after the last course, without chipping in at all to help out afterwards. I know that's bad form and it won't happen again - had to get home in time to make The Boss happy and ensure another IDPA trip! Now that I know the drill, I'll be sure to pull my weight next time.

No worries man, we've all been there.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana

I was glad to be there as well- I always like to bring a touch of awesomeness to the sidematches:D

Steve, I have no idea what you are talking about with the tire of the truck. :dunno:

Don't know about the tire, but I was certain the back glass was going to bust out any moment from the concussion of all those slugs:laugh:

And what was that truck leaking out from underneath the bed?

scowens

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 31, 2009
    Southern Indiana
    Are the scores out Steve?

Also, what points did you go down? I don't recall your shoot going badly:dunno:

Scores not out. I've inherited the scoring from Scott so give me a little bit (1-2 days) to get familiar with the software - it will take a little, but I think I can do it. Just for some insight, next time you go to a match, thank the person who is tallying up the scores, whew! We had 53 shooters this w/e! :rockwoot:
    My shooting was perfect! It was just that the clays flew away!

Last edited:

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Oh- how fortunate you are! Haha, that's cool- I was just wondering.

WOW- I think that's the biggest group of shooters I've seen since I've been shooting at Redbrush:rockwoot:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bengineer
    Top Bottom