• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • scowens

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 31, 2009
    Southern Indiana
    Hey guys. Got some disappointing news last night. From this point forward, Red Brush Rifle Range I.D.P.A. may only have bays 3 – 6. Bays 1 and 2, the first two bays you see when you come into the range will be left open. This means that we will use the two skinny, but longer, ranges, the fun house, and the sidematch bay for our courses of fire for the IDPA match. Therefore, with this I cannot commit to putting on a side match for the time being. To put on a side match, we would have to tear down the IDPA COF and then re-construct the COF for what ever firearm would have been used. This would make for a very long day and put us shooting into the night – even in the summer. I just can’t commit to this amount of time and effort. I am sorry.

Also, I do support Red Brush I.D.P.A. using the available bays to the fullest. This is what I got into this sport for, and enjoy, as do many of you also. There is no animosity between me and the men that put on the I.D.P.A. matches and I am proud to be associated with them. I will continue to support them and the purpose of this sport.

From what I have been told, the board of directors at Red Brush Rifle Range has elected to do this during a special meeting this week. All three pistol shooting sports have been affected: Cowboys, Steel Challenge, and IDPA. In addition to this, IDPA has been asked to charge more for non Red Brush Rifle Range members. In the past we have charged the same for both. The I.D.P.A. committee will look into this and determine the new match fees.

We will modify our COF’s accordingly to the bays that can use. Hey, this is what we are about anyways. There is no planned way to engage a threat; the shooter must adapt and develop a plan of action using the available cover and strategy. We can and will do the same with our COF’s. We will continue to have the fun, and challenging COF’s that we all enjoy. Thanks for your past and continued participation on our matches.

Maybe more information will come out during the next meeting on January 5th. If you would like to contact a board member, they may be reached using Red Brush Rifle Range’s web page here.

Thanks.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Hey guys. Got some disappointing news last night. From this point forward, Red Brush Rifle Range I.D.P.A. may only have bays 3 – 6. Bays 1 and 2, the first two bays you see when you come into the range will be left open. This means that we will use the two skinny, but longer, ranges, the fun house, and the sidematch bay for our courses of fire for the IDPA match. Therefore, with this I cannot commit to putting on a side match for the time being. To put on a side match, we would have to tear down the IDPA COF and then re-construct the COF for what ever firearm would have been used. This would make for a very long day and put us shooting into the night – even in the summer. I just can’t commit to this amount of time and effort. I am sorry.

Also, I do support Red Brush I.D.P.A. using the available bays to the fullest. This is what I got into this sport for, and enjoy, as do many of you also. There is no animosity between me and the men that put on the I.D.P.A. matches and I am proud to be associated with them. I will continue to support them and the purpose of this sport.

From what I have been told, the board of directors at Red Brush Rifle Range has elected to do this during a special meeting this week. All three pistol shooting sports have been affected: Cowboys, Steel Challenge, and IDPA. In addition to this, IDPA has been asked to charge more for non Red Brush Rifle Range members. In the past we have charged the same for both. The I.D.P.A. committee will look into this and determine the new match fees.

We will modify our COF’s accordingly to the bays that can use. Hey, this is what we are about anyways. There is no planned way to engage a threat; the shooter must adapt and develop a plan of action using the available cover and strategy. We can and will do the same with our COF’s. We will continue to have the fun, and challenging COF’s that we all enjoy. Thanks for your past and continued participation on our matches.

Maybe more information will come out during the next meeting on January 5th. If you would like to contact a board member, they may be reached using Red Brush Rifle Range’s web page here.

Thanks.

Scott opened a thread about this https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...redbrush_idpa_limiting_our_shooting_area.html

scowens

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 31, 2009
    Southern Indiana
    Side Match

Well, Santa Claus is alive and kickin! :rockwoot: The side match is on like Donkey Kong! 14 rounds total, 3 of which are slugs. For you Siaga gents, you'll need two mags....at least, hehehehe. We'll be using the truck and a new twist - I have 3 clay throwers to let you experience. Wasn't gonna do it, but that "bald goober" comment was made....:welcome:

It's supposed to be 65 deg, sunny and a slight wind out of the north for match day. TF, you can make it in this weather, right?

Hope you all can too. Come out early and join in on the setup party!

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Well, Santa Claus is alive and kickin! :rockwoot: The side match is on like Donkey Kong! 14 rounds total, 3 of which are slugs. For you Siaga gents, you'll need two mags....at least, hehehehe. We'll be using the truck and a new twist - I have 3 clay throwers to let you experience. Wasn't gonna do it, but that "bald goober" comment was made....:welcome:

It's supposed to be 65 deg, sunny and a slight wind out of the north for match day. TF, you can make it in this weather, right?

Hope you all can too. Come out early and join in on the setup party!

:rockwoot:YES!!:rockwoot:I've been wanting to see some throwers in action. Never tried the Saiga on them but it's all good (that's what drums are for:D).

Steve- what capacity will we "Saiga gents" run? :smileak:Full out 10 rounders; full on 20 round drums? :ar15:Or shall we be limited to the diminished capacity of tube feeders?:(

You know I'm there!

What distance are the slugs?

Even though it will be past Christmas, if you need me to hook you up with the "Christmas Assortment" of red and green slugs like at Owensboro, let me know:laugh:

redbaron

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Elberfeld
    Just figured I'd post this here in case anyone needed one for a summer cover garment, but Gander Mountain has the Remington Shooting Vest on clearance right now for $19.99. They are in the same aisle as the gun cleaning supplies.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Talked about Saturday today with TF a bit and just got more fired up! Can't wait to shoot! Extended weather forecast has it looking real good for a match (can't believe we're in January now with this weather). Fear not though- it's plenty cold enough to bring out the ushanka- I might even leave the Russian infantry insignia on:D I do wonder how the new limited bay format will work. We'll see:dunno:

Looking forward to runnin' and gunnin' with everybody:rockwoot:seems like the last match was a lot longer than a month ago.

Paging Steve- Saiga capacity?:ar15:

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    I am so ready for a match! I may anger the Austrian population but I am on a bit of an M&P kick now and I might break out the M&P45 and see what she can do.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    I'm going with a .45 this match as well. I figure it needs a workout and I'll give the Taurus' unblemished record a months rest. I need to practice malfunction drills anyway :rofl:

LOL I thought about breaking out the 1911 myself but I havent shot that in years and the last thing I want to do is Tex Grebner myself in the leg on account of zero practice in a long time :)

Top Bottom