I was looking for earwax and found this!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    My son is getting swimmer's ear from our tub so I went to CVS. Actually paid cash for the $6.50 item and the clerk asked if I'd take two half dollars in change. Why not, my kids would like them. As she lifts them I see the big dollar beneath it. "can I have that too?" she says yes, they mess up her change drawer. Se alcoholic had come in and paid with these and bills for a $7 bottle she said. My kids will be thrilled.

F8074338-0225-402F-B241-0D366E980618-5007-000008D488AB46A3.jpg

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    Nice!
    My dad asked to take over the soda vending machine at his work (After their vending supplier retired). For some time I thought he was nuts, wasting alot of time and effort to refill/stock a soda machine for pocket change.
    Stupid me realized too late that, as a coin collector, that's precisely what he was looking for!
    He scored a few nice pieces... nothing stupendous, but it's amazing what people just spend, without looking at it

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    very awesome, i have more then a couple of those saved, as well as some 2 dollar bills. Couple other things as well, although not a serious collector by any means

dubsac

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Not goin to lie I read the title opened up the post read the first line and was like how in the %#^* did your son have that in is ears. Lol sorry its been a long day. I remember every Easter when I was a young'n my parents would put silver dollars and half dollars in our eggs. I remember trying to use one one day to buy a pop and my grandpa told me I shouldn't spend them. So to this day 20yrs later I have a shoebox full of them. Just glad he told me that or today I probably wouldn't have any.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    All three appear to be proof coins. The ears are the give-away. Somebody is gonna be mad in the morning.

I just like big round shiny things. Does that mean anything good?

I'm just excited to see unusual coins. I got a Bahamian coin the other day as change. Smelled like relaxation

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I picked up something at a store one day and paid cash. In my change was a '63 silver dime. I told the clerk "cool" and he said he had just opened a roll of dimes and they were all "funny looking and didn't have the copper ring, are they real?" Needless to say I pulled out a five dollar bill and scooped them all up.

kjf40

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2011
    Lake county
    Don't see those too often anymore.....good find.

I used to get the dollars and 1/2 for christmas from my aunt....wish i was old enough then to realize i should have saved them.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Those are cool. In a related matter, what does the good doc recommend for swimmers ear?

Ciprodex if you have tubes like my son but it's like $140 at CvS. For normal people cortisporin otic is cheap. For mild,acetic acid rinses. For prevention, alcohol or acetic acid rinses after exposures. At least that's what i read on the Internet, no medical advice here ;)

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Those definitely look proofish to me, with the matte heads and apparently shiny background. Have someone that knows that stuff look at them, and also investigate the silver content. You should be able to tell from date and proof mark. You definitely have more than $2 there.

A few years ago I received a $1 silver certificate in change at a pizza place, but the really good one was a series 1950 $20 bill. I looked up the treasurer and secretary of treasury, and it was printed 1963-1964 I think, so it's my age. It says stuff like "pay the bearer on demand" and whatnot. Real money, not a federal reserve note.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Ciprodex if you have tubes like my son but it's like $140 at CvS. For normal people cortisporin otic is cheap. For mild,acetic acid rinses. For prevention, alcohol or acetic acid rinses after exposures. At least that's what i read on the Internet, no medical advice here ;)

How much alcohol do you have to drink? With age my tolerance has gone down quite a bit.

slimplmbr

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Greenfield
    My wife had a patient pay for their prescription with $5 in silver dimes about a year ago. She called to tell me and I told her to buy them from the drawer ASAP.

Top Bottom