• Status
    Not open for further replies.

infiremedic07

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2012
    Lapel/Noblesville
    im down here in mexico on a missions trip and I saw wallet catching a ride.
    20130522_073536_zpsdbce4408.jpg

PX4me

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Dyer
    Notice of order to produce defendant on surety bond was signed yesterday.

Is that a warrant it layman's speak?

Though I doubt we'll ever hear from this goofball again it sure will be interesting to see where this ends up. If he winds up in the joint maybe we can do an INGO visitation day, or send a boxful of wallets in a care package, or both.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Is that a warrant it layman's speak?

Though I doubt we'll ever hear from this goofball again it sure will be interesting to see where this ends up. If he winds up in the joint maybe we can do an INGO visitation day, or send a boxful of wallets in a care package, or both.

No. The warrant is the order (which was signed on Monday). The notice is the formal announcement via mail to the bondsman, the prosecutor's office, and the defendant to grab him and drag him in. Either the sheriff will go arrest him or the bond company will put a skip tracer or a bounty hunter on him, but will probably not go to any particular effort for a minor traffic violation.

92ThoStro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    Yea, I remembered right after I posted that, that he didn't have an LTCH because...

Defendant withdraws plea of not guilty and enters a plea of guilty to Carrying a Handgun Without a License, Class A Misd., Count I; Possession of Marijuana, Class A Misd., Count V; and guilty to Resisting Law Enforcement, Class D Felony, Count IV. Court accepts and finds Defendant guilty of Carrying a Handgun Without a License, Class A Misd., Count I; Possession of Marijuana, Class A Misd., Count V; and guilty of Resisting Law Enforcement, Class D Felony, Count IV. State of Indiana moves to DISMISS the remaining Counts of the Information. Granted. Court having found Defendant guilty of Carrying a Handgun Without a License, Class A Misd., Count I, sentences the Defendant to the imposition of a one (l) year fixed term of imprisonment at the Indiana Department of Corrections, suspended upon strict Terms of Probation. Court having found Defendant guilty of Possession of Marijuana, Class A Misd., Count V, sentences the Defendant to the imposition of a one (l) year fixed term of imprisonment at the Indiana Department of Corrections, suspended upon strict Terms of Probation and to run consecutively to the sentence in Count I. Court having found Defendant guilty of Resisting Law Enforcement, Class D Felony, and enters Judgment of Conviction as a Class A Misdemeanor and sentences the Defendant to the imposition of a one (l) year fixed term of imprisonment at the Indiana Department of Corrections, suspended upon strict Terms of Probation and to run consecutively to the sentences imposed in Count I and Count V. Defendant may be ordered into Intensive Probation Program if deemed necessary. Defendant shall forfeit to the investigation law enforcement agency all evidence seized in connection with the investigation. Court imposes a Drug Fee in the sum of $500.00; an initial Probation User's Fee of $50.00 for the first month and $l0.00 each month thereafter while on Probation. Court imposes Court Costs in the sum of $l29.00. Said payments due today. Defendant to report to Probation Dept. today.

According to this he also forfeited the gun he was carrying at the time.

I doubt with that record ISP would ever issue him an LTCH. Drugs, violence, and guns all at the same time. It is so ridiculous that we can have people that do things like that, retain their 2nd amendment rights, but a felony conviction for fraud or something causes civil death. He made the right choice though, pleading guilty to get them all down to A misd ( he even had more felonies from a few years prior converted also ). If he would have stuck with not guilty, he would have been civilly executed for sure. Why someone would resist arrest for a misd. is beyond me though. If you are going to resist arrest, at least make sure that you are resisting for something more serious than the punishment for resisting :D

And why the OP was angry that his info was posted, and said that it wasn't his record, only things that he was charged with, is beyond me. Since these are not just charges, but convictions, and he plead guilty!

Last edited:

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    and $l0.00 each month thereafter while on Probation. Court imposes Court Costs in the sum of $l29.00. Said payments due today. Defendant to report to Probation Dept. today.

Odd that they used the letter "l" instead of the number "1" in those dollar amounts.

digitalmonster

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2012
    Indianapolis, IN
    the plot is thick here.

I feel that everyone is similar to this guy when they complain about being singled out and injustice.

He should have started out "I have priors and was scrutinized and found to be illegal with priors, where can i find a good lawyer?"

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    the plot is thick here.

I feel that everyone is similar to this guy when they complain about being singled out and injustice.

He should have started out "I have priors and was scrutinized and found to be illegal with priors, where can i find a good lawyer?"

I feel like you're singling me out. I'm calling my lawyer.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Ok. I have not been following this thread much since the first few days. Can somebody please post the facts? Reading the last few posts, I am under the impression that the OP wasn't 100% truthful.

92ThoStro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    So did we ever figure out if he really was DWS from the seatbelt violation?

Case Opened as a New Filing
    10/27/2009 Initial Hearing (4:00 PM) (Judicial Officer Hancock, Glenn G)
    10/27/2009 Hearing Scheduling Activity
    Initial Hearing scheduled for 10/27/2009 at 4:00 PM.
    10/28/2009 Clerk Administrative Event
    Defendant did not appear for Initial Hearing. Case to be reviewed 30 days from 10/27/09.
    12/03/2009 FTA SR16 to be Sent to BMV
    12/03/2009 ZNT - An Electronic SR16 has been sent to the BMV
    FTA SR16 Sent to BMV for Charge 1 for Statute 9-19-10-2
    12/14/2009
    Disposition (Judicial Officer: Hancock, Glenn G)
    1. 9-19-10-2/IFD: Failure of Occupant to Use Safety Belt
    Admission
    12/14/2009 Reopened SR16 to be Sent to BMV
    12/14/2009 ZNT - An Electronic SR16 has been sent to the BMV
    Ticket Substitute SR16 Sent to BMV for Charge 1 for Statute 9-19-10-2
    12/14/2009 ZNT - An Electronic SR16 has been sent to the BMV
    Reopened SR16 Sent to BMV for Charge 1 for Statute 9-19-10-2

This form is used by courts to notify the BMV that a driver has been convicted of a citation, failed to appear for a citation, or failed to pay a citation for violating a motor vehicle law. This form also notifies the BMV when orders have been rescinded. Drivers may not submit SR-16 forms at license branches. SR-16 forms may only be submitted by a court directly to the BMV.

So is that saying he failed to appear, then admitted guilt and paid the ticket, or is it saying he failed to appear and they suspended his license? It says they sent multiple SR 16s, was the last one to un-suspend his license?

@ Big Tanker. The OPs initial story is unanswered. He could very well be telling the truth, but in any case, he failed to appear in court, and now has an active warrant. He believes he was wronged. The trooper says he was driving on a suspended license from the above posted seat belt violation from 2009, and took him in. According to his case record, it is unclear to me if he ever fixed the suspended license, because I don't understand the wording used. It says the infraction was decided. Reading it, I THINK they entered in a defacto guilty for his failure to appear and went ahead and suspended his license, and he ignored it. The part that confuses me is that his Failure to Appear SR16 changed to a "Reopended SR16"

Last edited:

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Ok. I have not been following this thread much since the first few days. Can somebody please post the facts? Reading the last few posts, I am under the impression that the OP wasn't 100% truthful.

That's cheating and deprives you of the flavor of the thread. Sort of like saying "I don't have time for a steak, just throw a raw hot dog at me and I'll eat it in the car."

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom