• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • drop45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    My empire of dirt
    I bet you are glad she wasn't shooting a .45, you would have been laying in a pool of your own blood half way down the range. Reassure the girl that it was not her fault, and that you will be o.k, and by all means I hope that you will be o.k. Thanks for reminding all of us as to how dangerous our hobby can be. Speedy recovery.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    To All,

I am home at last!!! :rockwoot:

I will be setting up an appointment with the surgeon for middle of next week. Xrays to begin with then his determination of the date for the nest surgery.

For you gory thrill seekers I am getting pics uploaded now.

WARNING: MIGHT BE A BIT GRAPHIC FOR SOME VIEWERS!

http://i365.photobucket.com/albums/oo94/Libertarian01/Gunshot Wound/20141019_192754_zps922377dd.jpg

http://i365.photobucket.com/albums/oo94/Libertarian01/Gunshot Wound/20141019_192744_zpsa0fc879f.jpg

http://i365.photobucket.com/albums/oo94/Libertarian01/Gunshot Wound/20141019_192738_zpsb630c014.jpg

http://i365.photobucket.com/albums/oo94/Libertarian01/Gunshot Wound/20141019_192734_zps7ecc8638.jpg

Regards,

Doug

PS - I wanted to get these loaded as promised. I will get back to all of my good friends out here as I can.

TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    How about some humor?

cosmo-handshot01.gif

tumblr_mk586qj4jw1qbdof5o3_500.gif

Hmmm....if it had been a .45, it'd look like this:
    bullet_hole_through_hand___cool_3d_trick_art_by_jsharts-d81e5u9.jpg

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne

Churchmouse,

I do not recall the exact words I used but your colourful presentation about sums it up!

I have my doctors appointment for next Wednesday morning. I will learn more then.

I just got home from Meijers. My two prescriptions, one for antibiotics and the other for pain, did the massive damage of $1.94.

I stopped at work to keep them updated so employer is in the loop as I learn what is going on.

My finger still tingles and is pink, so all good there.

I need to fill out our companies short term disability and get that in ASAP.

All in all progress is being made.

Doug

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Maybe she just didn't like Libertarians.
    Think of the cool story she has while growing up now - "I shot this one dude..."

Thank you for the pix - that powder burn is classic. Forgive me, it's got to hurt but I can't stop laughing.
    Is your knuckle still in there or are you going to give it to her as a souvenir.....

........hanging on a necklace? :):

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Maybe she just didn't like Libertarians.
    Think of the cool story she has while growing up now - "I shot this one dude..."

Thank you for the pix - that powder burn is classic. Forgive me, it's got to hurt but I can't stop laughing.
    Is your knuckle still in there or are you going to give it to her as a souvenir.....

........hanging on a necklace? :):

Dead Duck,

She likes me. She will campaign for me if I invite her to.

It really doesn't hurt that bad. I mean it IS sore but I haven't taken a single pain killer since the nerve block Sunday evening! I am not that macho so I don't understand. The worst it gets is a slight burning sensation on the palm and the feeling of being poked by tiny needles then - nothing! Feeling gone!

I think my knuckle on the finger is fine but the one attaching finger to hand is mostly gone. I will find out more next Wednesday after meeting with Dr. Schwartz.

Doug

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Looking at the burn surrounding the entry wound, it looks like the expanding gases did some damage as well. For contact wounds, the gases usually do more damage than the projectile.

I'm glad you're going to be okay.

I'm sorry such things happen, but I think we'll all either learn something new or reinforce our vigilance after reading this.

Top Bottom