• ...and so much more!
  • Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    Well, I got a prompt response from them, and I replied. I'll keep this updated.

Them:

Hi Josh,

Thanks for the interest in Tech-SIGHTS. There are a few SKSs out there that have this problem when using the TS100. Apparently some where assembled using parts that give these rifles a slightly higher sighting plane. Because the TS100 model sight is not elevation adjustable, you wind up having to crank the SKS front post way down to get zero and you begin to loose sight of the front post behind the block mount for the original rear sight leaf. The best thing would be to add the TS220 elevation adjustable aperture assembly. This will convert your TS100 over to a TS200 and give you plenty of adjustment for your rifle. Both sights will give you an identical sight picture. I hope this helps.

Best regards,

Larry Nesseth

Tech-SIGHTS, LLC

They knew about a potential problem and didn't see fit to put it on their website!?

Me:

Sir,

While I appreciate the response, I do wish you had mentioned this on your website prior to my purchase.

The reason for this is that I would have purchased the TS200 instead. However, your TS220 unit plus the cost of the TS100 unit, plus a replacement front sight, plus shipping, would come to roughly 1.5 to two times the cost of the TS100.

Knowing of a potential problem and not listing it is simply bad business.

I am not impressed in the least. I will be ordering a set of William's sights to replace your unit, and I will recommend Mojo or Williams units to others, over yours.

Regards,

Josh Smith

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Thanks for the info! I was looking into those sights for my SKS, but I guess I will have to get their top model (as they know of the issue and have the "fix": Spending more on a different sight!). What range were you shooting at the target (I am assuming 100 yrds, pretty darn good for an SKS :D) ?

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    P.S. I took it off to clean it and put it back on. It did maintain its zero as advertised. J.S.

pinpointshot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    I have seen some guys shoot sks's with tech sights at appleseed shoots. Let me tell you at 25 meters with it sighted in they will make one ragged hole with WOLF ammo.

trophyhunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 2, 2008
    South Bend
    Great information! I have a couple sks rifles that could benefit from doing something with the stock sights, it's getting hard to focus them with aging eyesight.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I have a AK sight cover with the attached AR15A1 sight and rail, couldn't be happier. Got mine from Blackthorne.

I am leery of any AK dustcover-mounted sight options from a stability standpoint (i.e. will it maintain zero under recoil, and retain it when removed/reinstalled?). The AK TechSight attaches to the receiver itself, which is a much better solution.
    TSAK-4.jpg

Further, Blackthorne is a front operation for Hesse/Vulcan, which immediately disqualifies them from further consideration in my book. :noway:

Top Bottom