• ...and so much more!
  • KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    I would be surprised if there was significant blowback to the shooter. A suppressed, short-barrelled Sig 556 on the other hand can make you feel it in the eyeballs even with glasses.

The 10.3" Colt in my avatar is a gas machine. It will burn your eyes with glasses on. The MPX isn't really noticeable.
    It blew more smoke out the bottom of the mag suppressed than back in your face.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    The 10.3" Colt in my avatar is a gas machine. It will burn your eyes with glasses on. The MPX isn't really noticeable.

Yeah, there's really no reason why any gas would be coming backward through the receiver with the MPX.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo

Have you looked into a charging handle from Armageddon Tactical?

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    137   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    I had my MPX barrel cut down to 4" so I could tuck my suppressor up under the hand guard. I do get a little bit of blowback gas when shooting it suppressed, but nothing bothersome or irritating.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Yeah, there's really no reason why any gas would be coming backward through the receiver with the MPX.

I've never shot my MPX unsuppressed. 8.5" barrel or when I had it cut down to 5", I never noticed any blowback.

Only MPX I ever shot with blowback, it was full auto, the can was huge, and it had a lot of blowback

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    I've never shot my MPX unsuppressed. 8.5" barrel or when I had it cut down to 5", I never noticed any blowback.

Only MPX I ever shot with blowback, it was full auto, the can was huge, and it had a lot of blowback
    I only have a 4" one.............

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    20160801_200926.jpg

I don't hate KJQ anymore!

:rockwoot:

Of course, I still can't shoot it... :facepalm:

I think mine is still longer.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Rookie, are you having any issues with particulate blow-back from the charging handle orifice? I had heard that might be an issue from someone who has both the MPX and the EVO. He said that he doesn't care to run his MPX suppressed due to the gas and particulate blow-back.

Finally got to shoot it suppressed. I did get some blow back shooting left handed and no blow back shooting right handed. That leads me to believe it's not coming from the charging handle.

Now, I've got to figure out why my trigger won't reset every shot.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Back to the stock trigger. My opinion, CMC triggers are junk and their customer service sucks.

I've had a POF trigger in mine since day 1 and have never had an issue and POF said they'd be amazed if one of their triggers could be hurt.

Sig said they had issues with the CMC triggers in the MPX. Soft metal that gets eaten with the odd/violent recoil of the MPX, takes a little time but they fail

what issues did you end up having?

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    The trigger won't reset every time. Flip it on safe and it will reset. I'm thinking the trigger MIGHT be hitting the sides of the hole where the trigger comes out creating enough friction to cause issues. If course, Cmc won't return my calls or emails, so who knows.

Top Bottom