• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    I have decided that since I'm not going to shoot someone for breaking into my car, I'm not going to risk instigating a situation that could escalate into me shooting someone for breaking into my car. These days I have resigned myself to checking the car in the morning and calling the police if it has been broken into. So far so good.

Magnum

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 27, 2011
    North Indy
    I have heard a firearms trainer say "If you cleared a house and didn't get shot, it's because no one was inside wanting to shoot you." I agree that it's not worth the risk if you truly feel there is something inside. If you come home and you KNOW you locked the deadbolt but it's not locked, or a door is physically open, you can always call the police and wait. 30 minutes is no inconvenience to me in exchange for the rest of my life.

semperfi211

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Near Lowell
    As long as my burglar alarm hasn't been tripped and my dog is acting ok I don't clear my house when I get home. I have cleared it once. That was after we were broken into about four years ago. The police cleared it then I did after they left to make sure there were no gangstas hiding in the basement.

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    I have only cleared my house once, due to an open front door upon returning home, with the family, from grocery shopping. I felt relieved and silly once I realized that the house was clear, and then remembered that both my wife and I thought that the other had closed and locked the door when we left.

The one thing I do upon entering my house every day is to look at the demeanor of the cat and dog. If anyone were in the house, the cat and dog would be pretty freaked out... They don't like anyone but the immediate family.

insanemonkey

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Lake County
    I have done it only for practice, with no one else home. I have no intention of clearing it. My plan is to get to the kids room and wait for the police. I live in a small place though, so to get to the kids room have have to pretty much clear the whole place.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    If my dogs are acting ok, no worries. One dog is extremely protective of the family, so she would be the one investigating bumps in the night. Even with numerous weapons available, it's comforting to have a good dog around.

gohard43

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 16, 2010
    Northside Indy
    I'm another one for the dog as well. If someone is in my house then my dog will probably be dead on the floor when I walk in. He HATES strangers.

There's been more than a few burglaries in Muncie lately...Stay safe!!

Whosyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2009
    Warren County
    It's comforting to have a stoooopid dog around , as long as he barks. We have a year old Redbone cross, he barks at everything, especially at night. We have a 10 year old Springer Spaniel , if he joins in the barking, somethings wrong. He's old enough , and smart enough , to not want to announce his location to the pack of coyotes. If the old guy is barking at night, I clear the house.

Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA
    Interesting thread. Any sort of training is good.

Here is a twist. Get some carboard and make a stand up, plans are all over..

Have your spouse or a friend, put the stand up in a particular room without telling you...

Load a few snap caps,

Train....

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Interesting thread. Any sort of training is good.

Here is a twist. Get some carboard and make a stand up, plans are all over..

Have your spouse or a friend, put the stand up in a particular room without telling you...

Load a few snap caps,

Train....

Invite friends over without telling them what will happen, get your paintball gun, train as they step into your home. :D

Top Bottom