• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I lost my job back in April. I was unjustly fired, and blamed for someones else's screw up. Which was very common at where I worked. I'm receiving unemployment, and going back to school. Yes the unemployment office told me that was perfectly legal. My old job tried to screw me out of my unemployment. Thankfully the unemployment office determined I was fired unjustly. Yeah there are some jobs out there. I was making over $16.00 an hour. Even at that, and being single I was just squeezing by. I could not afford to take a $2-$3 pay decrease. Things are not pretty, and there going to continue to get worse.

ddenny5

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    Some where in the USA
    CSX is one of the largest employers of EX-military in the nation your military time actually counts toward your retirement
    I have applied with them and Amtrak and get turned down every time. I even have a college degree. I was laid off for 19 months and found work just two weeks ago. I do believe there is some age discrimination going on out there as well. Employers are holding back waiting to see what is going to happen. Obama had some business leaders in the White House begging them to hire people. The response was they are waiting to see the impact of the Bush taxes cuts expiring and what the healthcare law is going to cost them. This is a very hard time for anyone to find a job. I feel for anyone looking for work right now.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    I find this thread most interesting as I was in concrete construction for 14 years and laid off for the last 18 months and unemployment ran out for me. Everyone in this thread shares a common bond with their stories, positive additude is the one trait we all share with simular ups and downs, online job applications are a major pain but a neccesary evil we have to endure. We keep on going to the next challenge to meet and overcome, life isn't fair or right and some days we are so depressed over everything and thankful for family and the little things we have helps us to keep going down the road. Thankful for a temporary part time job and come home to look on the computer for a full time job. We have to keep the faith going for each other to get through this slump in the economy and keep our heads held high, wishing each other good luck in their job search.

Top Bottom