• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Porter county
    How many people have you introduced to the shooting world. I have brought over to our side two friends and a friend's mom. I am working on another friend right now, he is going to be a tough nut to crack, but I know I can do it. When ammo starts to become more readily available I want to take two more people shooting for their first time.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    CENTRAL
    I've taken seven people out shooting for their first time since I became more involved with firearms. I wouldn't call them all conversions but getting them to where they weren't afraid to touch the firearm, let alone shoot it, was a trip.

jtbriles

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Outside the box
    Five as of right now. One of my close friends just received several guns from his father about a year ago. His wife had never shot a gun or been around them and was pretty afraid to even have them in the house. A couple weeks ago, I finally got both of them to head to the range. She was really skeptical and nervous at first and wouldn't shoot. After walking through safety and basics and a couple hours of spectating, she finally fired a couple rounds. Now she asks when I can take them again.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    How many people have you introduced to the shooting world. I have brought over to our side two friends and a friend's mom. I am working on another friend right now, he is going to be a tough nut to crack, but I know I can do it. When ammo starts to become more readily available I want to take two more people shooting for their first time.

I have 4 good friends that I have brought into the gun/shooting world in the past 2 years. 3 of the 4 have their Larry's now.

mx866

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2013
    I wish I had kept count. It is amazing how many people are out there that are uneducated about firearms and fall into the media storm when something bad happens. A woman I used to work with actually raised her voice to me when she found out I owned assault weapons. When I kept my calm and explained how female friendly they were due to recoil she started listening. One trip to the range and she fell in love with my AR15. Not saying she went out and bought one, but she finally understood why I shoot.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    Recently everyone wants in it seems. After 13 years my wife finally volunteered and took a class at Eagle Creek!

My best friend called me a couple months ago and says "I'm buying a gun, what kind should I get?" He bought one then, but now he calls again to tell me he bought two more very nice pistols.

Redtbird

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Apr 18, 2012
    Monroe County
    Didn't really bring "someone across" but I did teach my best friend's 22 year old grandson how to shoot last summer. He was a very willing student and turned out to be a pretty fair shot. He cheats tho: He plays a lot of video games where he does a lot of online shooting. :D He's anxious to get started this year, but he says he can't find any 22LR for his 15-22. I told him to keep looking and making phone calls and that he will have to pay more than he did last year.

searpinski

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I scored 2 liberal Obama voters who routinely watch Rachel Maddow. They now have a glock for home protection and the man has an LTCH. How many points do I get?

No2rdame

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Noblesville
    1, possibly 3. I say possibly because my mother-in-law really wants to learn to shoot now and my brother-in-law enjoyed it, but he's only 14 so I don't quite count him until he's old enough to make his own choices and purchases a firearm.

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    I have a friend that has slowly but surely been moving toward regular carry. Prior to discussing it with me, he was getting a nudge from his wife, but had no real other people that could guide him.

I've been giving him guidance and instruction, including the need of a completely different mindset about carry and self defense. I'm about this [--] close to getting him to realize that CC is optional not mandatory. He was of the mindset that carry was almost taboo and is something to be ashamed of.

I gave him a chance to manipulate (safely) my EDC sidearm and a good holster. He really likes it and probably will be shopping for one as soon as he can.

He's been asking questions he hasn't been able to get answered anywhere else before, and asking questions for information he didn't know he didn't know.

He's been on our side, but he's been stuck on the sidelines. I'm finally getting him into the game.

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 8, 2013
    Indianapolis, IN
    1 down and several to go. Mine was a Chicago co-worker and she is hooked. I do have a friend that decided to step up and protect his home and family and hope to get some range time in with him and his boys this weekend. The boys both got 10-22's for Christmas and I have some 22lr and a couple BX25's for them as a surprise.

Tinner666

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Richmond, Va.
    No real clue. I just explain the reason for carry to several people every year. I know I converted 4-5 a few months ago in one setting. I'd guess 3-12 every year.

No luck when I'm chatting with the ones on Gabby's page, but I try every couple of days if i can fit into the current convo. I hope that give me an 'E' for effort.

Southbendfamily

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2013
    SBN
    I now don't really talk to a couple of friends and family that turned out to be so anti2a and my double down commitment with support and vocalization. That counts, right?

IndyND

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    I'm relatively new, but I like sharing. I have taken about ten different first timers to the range in the past two years, at least three of them will continue to pursue without encouragement. I have helped re-kindle the passion in a handful of adults that haven't been around guns since their childhood. When you speak about it as a useful life skill and approach it from a safety and understanding point of view its amazing how many people are interested.

Top Bottom