• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • joslar15

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Bloomington
    It doesn't have to be expensive to replace your flags either. Do you all know about contacting your US represntative and purchasing flags from them? They are usually $13.50 plus shipping of around $4 for a 4x6. These are well made nylon flags with sewn on stars, not the cheap ones. I've been flying these flags for years. Usually have to replace an outside flag every 6 months to keep it looking proper. I don't think that is bad at all.

Always wondered about this program; are the flags made here in the US?

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I dont live in the US so just during holidays at my house.
    I see lots of US flags around all year around on monuments and beaches.

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    Always wondered about this program; are the flags made here in the US?

Yes, they are USA made flags. You won't be disappointed in their quality. I've been buying my flags through my representatives for 7 or 8 years now and my parents a few years longer. The only problem I've had is twice they sent me a cotton flag instead of the nylon I've ordered. You have the choice of cotton or nylon and then three or four choices in sizes too.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Yes, they are USA made flags. You won't be disappointed in their quality. I've been buying my flags through my representatives for 7 or 8 years now and my parents a few years longer. The only problem I've had is twice they sent me a cotton flag instead of the nylon I've ordered. You have the choice of cotton or nylon and then three or four choices in sizes too.

Can you order one with less stars on it if you think that California and other states shouldnt have their star on the flag since they dont have constitutional gun laws? :D

cburnworth

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    I have mine up 24/7/365 with a valley forge solar light(or similar) I also have the light from the new led street lamp the city just put up. I do however feel like flying it at half mast several times if not alot of the time, due to the sad state we are in currently. I am thinking about adding another 5' section to make it 20'. I wouldn't mind getting one of those telescopic flag poles.

On another note, watch where you mount the solar light so that the flag doesn't catch on it & rip.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    Do they have all 57 stars.
    I want one with the extra states represented that "O" talked about. :):

PriestEG

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 4, 2011
    Indianapolis
    i fly mine much as possible, with reguards to inclement weather. one thing i did was took my new flags to a semstress/cleaners and had them triple stitch all the edging as to keep the flag end from becoming tathered quickly like many flags displayed at peoples houses.

jd42k

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    Northern Indiana
    24/7 with a photocell light for nighttime viewing.
    On my 2nd flag pole as the 1st one rusted then broke. The 2nd is one I hand built out of PVC and stands 17ft. It's taken 60-70mph winds and keeps on bouncing back.

warhawk77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I don't have a flag right now but the last two weeks I have been thinking more about getting one. I think I will this week and fly it every day.(unless its raining)

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    On "Patriot Day" it's to be flown at half mast.

United States Flag Code

I know wikipedia isn't the law, but you can find links to the code. Look under flag in mourning.

Thanks!

My flag pole has two provisions for flags, and instead of a rope and pulley system just has permanent hangers (the entire pole telescopes for raising and lowering). I may need to rig a rope in the first flag position in order to allow the flag to fly properly in a half-staff position.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    That brings up a good point. In grade school we used to go out and bring the flag down when it rained. Did that change?

I was wondering about that too.
    How the weather will damage a flag if it stays out all year around (during winter, under the rain, wind ...) and how often you will need to change it.

I guess it depends on the quality of the flag, but let's talk about a high quality flag that stays out all year around like the one at the White House (I guess they dont use a cheap one).
    Do they change it a couple times each year or will a single flag last a couple of years?

:dunno:

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I was wondering about that too.
    How the weather will damage a flag if it stays out all year around (during winter, under the rain, wind ...) and how often you will need to change it.

I guess it depends on the quality of the flag, but let's talk about a high quality flag that stays out all year around like the one at the White House (I guess they dont use a cheap one).
    Do they change it a couple times each year or will a single flag last a couple of years?

:dunno:

I've typically gotten 6-8 months per flag, although some have gone a full year. Usually by that point they are starting to fade and tatter pretty bad. The winter is tough on them due to the freezing and thawing, and the summer sun can bleach out the color over time.

Top Bottom