• ...and so much more!
  • JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    24, 7, 365

And unlike a lot of other 24/7/365ers, he ^ takes care to make sure both flags are looking good and in excellent condition.
    It really irks me to see somebody let them get faded and storm-ripped...and just ignore it for another year or five.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    profilepic4896_2.gif

Flown one for about 15 years - ever since I've had a house. Just doesn't seem right NOT to.

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    Everyday from the time I first enlisted in the U.S. Air Force in 1977. One flying outside, my retirement flag inside and I will have one covering my casket when I die. :patriot:

scott delaney

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 25, 2009
    sadly enough mine is the only one in my HMO......and they keep telling me to take it down .....but i WON'T

GunSlinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 20, 2011
    Right here.
    3 x 5 all weather flag also 24/7/365 on a 20' aluminum pole lighted from dusk til dawn. On memorial day I fly my fathers 4 x 6 burial flag as weather permits.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    I have a giant flag here if someone in Evansville wants it. It is like 8 foot long and heavy duty. Folded improperly but has never touched the ground.

I'm not near Evansville, but I'd love to have it! I'm planning to put up a tall pole in the front yard, but for now, I always display the 3x5 on the porch, and a few flag decals on my work van.

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    Here's mine, she's up 24/7.

188_2661.jpg

Because the flag pole is across our drive way from the house, we have put a spot light, not a flood light, on our garage roof to light the flag. We didn't want to dig up the driveway taking electric to the flag pole. This set up does a very good job, except when we are pulling a semi into the driveway, then the light is right in your eyes.

188_3400-1.jpg

It doesn't have to be expensive to replace your flags either. Do you all know about contacting your US represntative and purchasing flags from them? They are usually $13.50 plus shipping of around $4 for a 4x6. These are well made nylon flags with sewn on stars, not the cheap ones. I've been flying these flags for years. Usually have to replace an outside flag every 6 months to keep it looking proper. I don't think that is bad at all.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    I have a giant flag here if someone in Evansville wants it. It is like 8 foot long and heavy duty. Folded improperly but has never touched the ground.

If it's 8 foot long, it's more than likely a 5x8, I'm interested but I live in the Indy area.

If you don't mind, check out how much shipping is on it to ship to zip code 46168 and I could send you funds for shipping.

I can always use a backup 5x8 because since I have a 32 foot pole there are times that near the end of the life of my flag a nasty storm will sneak up before I can get a new one ordered and I hate running up what looks like a dinky small 3x5 flag on that tall pole.

Took the below pic on a Sunday Colts game day weekend, I usually have a Indiana State flag in place of it, only other time that the State flag is not on the pole is when a IU flag flown on away IU football games (like today).

BTW it is appropriately lighted up at night by a 800 watt metal halite bulb on a dedicated breaker and dusk to dawn sensor.

I started flying the flag outdoors when I was a Cub Scout by making a home made pole from two pieces of 10 foot galvanized pipe and have proudly flown one ever since.

P1010014.jpg

Top Bottom