• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    ECI
    They are a little bulky, and a little heavy but still weigh less than any 1911 and some other full size polymer guns. I have 4000 rounds through my C9 and it functions 100%. The only problem I have ever experienced with it is that it does not like steel case ammo. A straight brass diet and it will eat anything without issue FMJ and JHP both. They are very accurate and almost no felt recoil because of the weight. You won't impress anybody with it but if you want a good gun at a great price you can't do any better. And besides that they have the best warranty in the industry if you happen to have an issue they will make it right without question. The most common problem is actually the magazines and not the guns. Some of the magazines have feed issues because of the lips on the mag. If you get a bad magazine all you have to do is call them and they will replace it and throw in an extra one for your trouble. I purchased 2 ten round mags and when I loaded them I noticed that the bullets seemed to be setting in a nose down position. I called them and told them I wanted to exchange them for the 8 round mags. Not only did they replace them but they sent me 2 extra 8 round mags back for free in the deal and I received them in the mail 3 days from the time I called them. Can't beat that kind of customer service. FWIW most people that bad mouth them are people who have never even touched one let alone shot or owned one.

Edit: Also pretty much any holster that will fit a Glock 26 or 19 will fit the C9 also unless it is a molded specific holster like the Fobus paddle holster in which case they make one specifically for the C9.

ryang

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 27, 2011
    I have never used one myself, but from my understanding Hi-Point > most others. With many guns once you run out of ammunition you are done, but I have been told that throwing a Hi-Point can be nearly as deadly as a bullet..just what I heard

jchuff87

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Don't know about their handguns but if they are at all like the carbines they will be fairly accurate and reliable though the styling of the handguns are not that great. They have been pretty cheap for the last few years; if you don't like it, use it as a boat anchor.

Harleyrider_50

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    So. Indiana
    Don't know about their handguns but if they are at all like the carbines they will be fairly accurate and reliable though the styling of the handguns are not that great. They have been pretty cheap for the last few years; if you don't like it, use it as a boat anchor.

:):
    Well......I suggest'd 'trotline weight' but......prolly make good B/A as well.....:cool:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2009
    South Bend
    I have one in 40 cal. Big, ugly and heavy, but it usually goes bang. Had a problem with ejection but solved that by polishing the ramp. It will start to loosen up after a couple hundred rounds. Just put a sticker on it that says, "For Emergency Use Only"!:)

jaybird_123

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Just around the corner.
    Are they really that bad of a gun or do they get a bad rap because they are so big and akward feeling. I am just looking for something to have with me while out on the motorcycle.
    I have one and love it. It has never jammed or anything. It gets a bad rap because it is ugly, cheap, and the material wears out before the more expensive brands, depending on how much you shoot it. If and when mine wears out, I WILL get another one.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I have one and love it. It has never jammed or anything. It gets a bad rap because it is ugly, cheap, and the material wears out before the more expensive brands, depending on how much you shoot it. If and when mine wears out, I WILL get another one.

When it wears out, send it back to HiPoint and you will receive it back like new with an extra mag. No need to buy another one.

pirate

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 2, 2011
    Are they really that bad of a gun or do they get a bad rap because they are so big and akward feeling. I am just looking for something to have with me while out on the motorcycle.

They are not bad at all. Never had a problem with any of the ones I have owned over the years. I can't say that about my Colts or Springfields....

Now, would I use one in an all day live fire training? No, probably not. They aren't built for all out sand in the barrel war.

For a home or truck gun? Absolutely.

osbornk

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2012
    Marion, Va
    There is ugly and there is ugly. My C9 is not pretty but I don't consider it ugly. Ugly is when a gun doesn't work. Pretty guns that malfunction are ugly.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Its pretty much like carrying a brick, but I have had the 9mm and 40sw handguns and they perfeormed perfectly everytime they went to the range. So personaly I cant really say anything bad about them. An their warranty is top notch.

Bret B

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2012
    I have a 380, fun to shoot . They are an ugly gun , but you don't have to worry about it getting scratched up. Thanks for the info on the warranty I had never looked it up.

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    I like the high point rifles

Tell me about their rifles. They had a neat looking one at the pawn shop. I don't even know what caliber it was because I was too focused on trying to decide if that was the same Highpoint. It was reasonably priced though.

So I'm curious if their rifles have a better reputation.

mj.elder

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    cheap, big and bulky. double as a club when you run out of ammo. They shoot, but aren't the prettiest gun. definitely a toolbox or toss around gun that you dont care about

seldon14

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    Most of what is said here is fairly accurate, but I would highly recommend some variety of surplus "Mak" (Makarov, CZ-82, P64 etc.) for not a whole lot more. These will be quality guns.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    They are too big and bulky for such a limited ammo capacity.

Take the cash you have for the hi-point and add to it, or put a nice glock or m&p in layaway. You won't be sorry.

hi-point may work, but I wouldn't let my life depend on them.

Top Bottom