• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kneekicker

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2012
    Are they really that bad of a gun or do they get a bad rap because they are so big and akward feeling. I am just looking for something to have with me while out on the motorcycle.

Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    They are ugly. That being said they are good guns for the money. If you're one of those guys that has the bad a"" Harley and like to show off you may want something nicer looking. At least a stainless Taurus. If you just want a beater pistol then a Hi point is fine.

kneekicker

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2012
    They are ugly. That being said they are good guns for the money. If you're one of those guys that has the bad a"" Harley and like to show off you may want something nicer looking. At least a stainless Taurus. If you just want a beater pistol then a Hi point is fine.

LOL no Harley here. I ride a KLR 650,its also ugly but performs well. Guess the Hipoint will be perfect.

Harleyrider_50

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    So. Indiana
    LOL no Harley here. I ride a KLR 650,its also ugly but performs well. Guess the Hipoint will be perfect.

:noway:......
    makes good trotline weight......
    far as the Harley ref'rence......:dunno:......kind'a like the 1911's......they ain't been 'round over 100yrs cuz they just 'look good'.....'04,CVO Softail......95" factory bigbore,with some other mods.Puts down upper 90's HP/TQ.....and nahh......it won't run with'a ricerockets.....but runs damn good fer whut it is.....fer whut 'at's worth.... :cool:

kneekicker

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2012
    :noway:......
    makes good trotline weight......
    far as the Harley ref'rence......:dunno:......kind'a like the 1911's......they ain't been 'round over 100yrs cuz they just 'look good'.....'04,CVO Softail......95" factory bigbore,with some other mods.Puts down upper 90's HP/TQ.....and nahh......it won't run with'a ricerockets.....but runs damn good fer whut it is.....fer whut 'at's worth.... :cool:

I dont see how my post made any reference to a Harley other than maybe the LOL part and if anything it was more of a stab at my bike.

I have nothing against Harleys I just dont look good in leather.

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    I have two Hi Points and they have performed just as good as any pistol I have ever owned. Ugly yes, but the two I have work every time I take them to the range.

TJSaltdog

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2012
    Lafayette
    When HiPoint first came out they had a lot of problems. They have since corrected those problems and their customer service is the best in the business. Yes they are heavy, yes they are ugly, and yes it does not make a good carry for self defense. Some do like to carry the C9, but as for the JCP .40 and the JHP .45, they are just to dang heavy. HiPoint has made the Top 25 US Gun manufacture list. Hi-Point Makes Top 25

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    I haven't shot one, but totally agree with previous two posts. I hear they are plenty reliable and accurate. But their size and weight, as well as somewhat limited magazine capacity, keeps me from considering buying one.

If I ran HiPoint I would drop the blowback-only design, and add in some mechanical resistance to bring the size and weight down. I'm sure they can still make a cheap weapon that is recoil operated, and the possibilities for design are practically limitless.

NIFT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    They are, most certainly not the high point of handguns!
    However, they may not quite be the low point, either.
    Norinco and Jennings have Hi-Point beat for the low point. :):

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Don't they have a warranty?

I worked on one a friend had and discovered the slide metal had deformed enough where the rounds come out of the magazine that it had put enough pressure on the slide that the frame eventually cracked. I could not fix it so all it took was a shipping cost to HiPoint (and I have been told they will even provide that) and he got back a basically new pistol and extra magazine, no questions asked. They have the best warranty in the business.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    First I must say Good choice on the KLR. :yesway:

Now Ill tell you that when Im out on my bike I carry my Glock 19 in my tank bag. After I get off it goes into the holster.

I know Glocks arent for everyone, but for an out on the bike gun I feel better having it than nothing.

As far as Hi-points I have never shot one but I just cant get past thier looks.

pute62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lawrence
    I've only ever had/shot the 9mm carbine and other than the cheek slap from the stock it was sturdy, accurate and fun to shoot. HiPoint has some of the best Customer Service I've ever experienced.

Top Bottom