• Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    The Republicans?

You know, the ones that cut taxes with the promise that they'd cut spending.

Funny how they haven't got around to fulfilling their promise to America.

Oh boy that one really stings. It's the first time in recorded history that elected politicians failed to keep their campaign promises....evah!
    :rolleyes:

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Oh boy that one really stings. It's the first time in recorded history that elected politicians failed to keep their campaign promises....evah!
    :rolleyes:

Why do you think everything critical of your team is just an attack? :dunno:
    Don't take it so personally. I think it's perfectly valid to be both a conservative Republican, and see that they are kicking the can down the road. I, for one, think the road is shorter than we think and we're going to have to address this problem.

But, we're getting off topic.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Howdy new guy. Nice 1st post.
    Did you read the rules...???

The rule involved here...
    We want to welcome you to INGO. We also want to take this opportunity to ask you to read the FAQ which can be found in my signature below. It's pointed out in great detail why we have the 50 post rule because to the newcomer it can seem like an obscure rule for us to want to enforce. In order to participate in the classifieds, you must contribute to the forum by either 1) content in the form of 50 quality posts (not one liners) or 2) financially by becoming a site supporter. That information can be found here: https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/site_s..._are_here.html

Please remember, we are a forum first and then a place for classifieds. There is a plethora of information available here and that's what keeps people here and what allows us to have a classifieds section.

Thanks!

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Why do you think everything critical of your team is just an attack? :dunno:
    Don't take it so personally. I think it's perfectly valid to be both a conservative Republican, and see that they are kicking the can down the road. I, for one, think the road is shorter than we think and we're going to have to address this problem.

But, we're getting off topic.

I agree completely. But you do really love to dog that one team.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Here's the fix: flat tax. Eliminate all the deductions and credits. But nooooo - the Republicans ... "We cut your taxes! ...ignore the fact that the system is still way too complicated and filled with incentives to cheat."

The fact is, Trump failed in his goal to simplify the tax code.

The new tax law did cut taxes! Nearly every individual tax return I have looked at has people paying less Federal income taxes than they did before the law change.

The new tax law did simplify filing! With the increased standard deduction instead of 26% of the individual filers having to add up items for an itemized deduction only 8% are estimated to need to file an itemized deduction Schedule A.

EMDX6043

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2015
    Hammond
    The new tax law did cut taxes! Nearly every individual tax return I have looked at has people paying less Federal income taxes than they did before the law change.

The new tax law did simplify filing! With the increased standard deduction instead of 26% of the individual filers having to add up items for an itemized deduction only 8% are estimated to need to file an itemized deduction Schedule A.

Yes...but some people did lose the ability to claim all of their property taxes, didn't they? I think it is now capped at $10k/yr.

Just another reason I'm glad we left the state of "ILL".

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Well, this is about Syrian Refugees in England, but I think it kind of applies here

(language warning)
    [video=youtube;jHnjlQC6Puw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHnjlQC6Puw[/video]

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Yes...but some people did lose the ability to claim all of their property taxes, didn't they? I think it is now capped at $10k/yr.

Just another reason I'm glad we left the state of "ILL".

Yes, the deduction for state and local taxes is now limited to $10k. That means being a lower tax state resident of Indiana I do not have to supplement through a federal tax deduction the high taxes charged by liberal states such as NY, CA, IL, etc. If you want to live in a high tax state then it you make the decision if the extra taxes you pay that state are worth it.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I agree completely. But you do really love to dog that one team.

I guess it's because they don't get enough scrutiny on INGO. I'd pick on liberals, but what's left say that hasn't been said?

Just know that I'm a tried-and-true conservative at my core.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    And the Circus has started...
    U.S. Universities are sending students to the border to “raise consciousness about the issues facing the border such as immigration, economic development, human rights, and social justice.” .....but not border security, situational awareness or being a law abiding citizen.

And I'll bet they will get a grade for this one. These students are just an extension of their loony liberal teachers.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/universi...u-s-mexico-border-to-help-raise-consciousness

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    No one's questioning that.

Changing the standard deduction is not a simplification of the tax code, which was what Trump promised to do, and failed.

Yes, it means more Americans don't fill out Sch. A, but it did nothing to simplify the byzantine mess.

Besides, Sch. A is about the easiest thing to fill out on the 1040.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    I guess it's because they don't get enough scrutiny on INGO. I'd pick on liberals, but what's left say that hasn't been said?

Just know that I'm a tried-and-true [STRIKE]conservative at my[/STRIKE] TRUMP HATER TO THE core.

FIFY

To bad you couldn't put all your energy into helping us win this fight.

Why do you hate your guns? :(

Top Bottom