• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • snowman46919

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    Marion
    +1 I agree but that falls on the shoulders of their parents and what the "disney society" deems as acceptable and appropriate.....NOT holiday world.

Yeah but it also falls on Holiday World to enforce their own policy regarding covering up or getting out of the park. If they want to enforce their "weapons" policy then they need to enforce their dress code.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    Yeah but it also falls on Holiday World to enforce their own policy regarding covering up or getting out of the park. If they want to enforce their "weapons" policy then they need to enforce their dress code.
    I get it, but as a privately owned and operated business, they get to choose which rules to enforce. It is the free market and private enterprise we all support so staunchly.

I've never been, but have it on the short list for this summer. After my experience with valley point island king fair last summer I doubt I'll ever even return to Ohio. The carry/no carry issue is one I'm weighing in on, but will likely go anyways. I think I'll put free enterprise and property rights up there with showing my kids a fun day.

Last edited:

confused89

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 31, 2009
    IN
    If anyone does make it down this way, there is a little Baptist church on SR 70 south of Santa Claus. Come on in, I assure you we are "pro-carry" and you might even get some backyard range time in with the pastor.:ingo:

Newtonville or Chrisney? :dunno:

The Koch family is not really "into" guns from what I have seen.Well everyone except the one that runs the "Christams Store". He use to carry a pistol around in the rear compartment of his Firehawk. I don't really think that they are going to change their policy just because you might have e-mailed them. I have been there a few times. Use to live within 4 miles of the place but I just out grew it.

jason867

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    113   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    New Castle
    Posting this from lake rudolph. Where we're at, the free signal is very weak. Luckily my android phone doubles as a mobile wifi access point :D

I've had a lot of fun. Only carried when I didn't plan on swimming. When I was swimming, I just kept a knife in my pocket.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Newtonville or Chrisney? :dunno:

The Koch family is not really "into" guns from what I have seen.Well everyone except the one that runs the "Christams Store". He use to carry a pistol around in the rear compartment of his Firehawk. I don't really think that they are going to change their policy just because you might have e-mailed them. I have been there a few times. Use to live within 4 miles of the place but I just out grew it.

Newtonville! Haha, never imagined anyone on INGO would know of this place but me:laugh:

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Posting this from lake rudolph. Where we're at, the free signal is very weak.

Yep. They use a "bandwith shaping technology" that evidently makes the free WiFi signal suck wind. :xmad: Plus, I had to create an account with their service provider (it's free, but still a PITA) before I could access any websites.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    Yep. They use a "bandwith shaping technology" that evidently makes the free WiFi signal suck wind. :xmad: Plus, I had to create an account with their service provider (it's free, but still a PITA) before I could access any websites.
    As a truck driver, I can attest to the PITA it is to create an account at every hotel, truck stop, rest area and mcdonalds I stop at. There are ways around it I've been told, but WTF....Thank the Lord for MiFi.....

Daniel Koch

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2011
    My name is Dan Koch, President of Holiday World and Splashin’ Safari. I am the proud owner of a gun, but I follow park rules and do not bring my gun to Holiday World as that is our rule. I am not against private gun ownership at all. I respect private property owners’ rights to determine what you can or cannot bring onto someone else’s property. The Second Amendment only applies to the GOVERNMENT trying to prevent gun ownership. Holiday World is not the GOVERNMENT and therefore we are free to allow or ban weapons on our premises. We have chosen not to allow weapons on our premises. Please understand that this rule is in place for the safety of all of our park guests. It may well be that you would be safe with your gun, but we cannot guarantee that everyone would use the proper precautions. Please respect our right to make this decision. This same constitutional principle allows us to control foul language at the park. You are free to use foul and offensive language in your own homes as protected by the First Amendment to the United States Constitution. However, we as private property owners are free to control foul or offensive speech on our private (Holiday World) property. The First Amendment right to free speech only prohibits the GOVERNMENT from restricting speech. If I was in your house and you found my speech offensive, you would have the constitutional right to tell me to leave because you found my speech offensive. Your tossing me off your property because you don’t like foul language is not GOVERNMENT action. That private property right is a right guaranteed and enjoyed by all citizens of the United States of America including Holiday World and Splashin’ Safari by the Constitution to the United States of America. I am a lawyer also, and I support the rights of individuals to choose to own weapons or not own weapons and the rights of private property owners to decide what conduct they allow on their own private property. Thanks and I hope to see you on a visit to Holiday World and Splashin' Safari this summer and in the years to come.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    As I commented earlier, it's their house, their rules. I've been there many times and never felt the need to carry inside the park. I think the roads to and from are much more dangerous than the park.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    My name is Dan Koch, President of Holiday World and Splashin’ Safari. I am the proud owner of a gun, but I follow park rules and do not bring my gun to Holiday World as that is our rule. I am not against private gun ownership at all. I respect private property owners’ rights to determine what you can or cannot bring onto someone else’s property. The Second Amendment only applies to the GOVERNMENT trying to prevent gun ownership. Holiday World is not the GOVERNMENT and therefore we are free to allow or ban weapons on our premises. We have chosen not to allow weapons on our premises. Please understand that this rule is in place for the safety of all of our park guests. It may well be that you would be safe with your gun, but we cannot guarantee that everyone would use the proper precautions. Please respect our right to make this decision. This same constitutional principle allows us to control foul language at the park. You are free to use foul and offensive language in your own homes as protected by the First Amendment to the United States Constitution. However, we as private property owners are free to control foul or offensive speech on our private (Holiday World) property. The First Amendment right to free speech only prohibits the GOVERNMENT from restricting speech. If I was in your house and you found my speech offensive, you would have the constitutional right to tell me to leave because you found my speech offensive. Your tossing me off your property because you don’t like foul language is not GOVERNMENT action. That private property right is a right guaranteed and enjoyed by all citizens of the United States of America including Holiday World and Splashin’ Safari by the Constitution to the United States of America. I am a lawyer also, and I support the rights of individuals to choose to own weapons or not own weapons and the rights of private property owners to decide what conduct they allow on their own private property. Thanks and I hope to see you on a visit to Holiday World and Splashin' Safari this summer and in the years to come.
    Welcome to INGO! And thank you for taking the time to respond here!:ingo:

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I applaud Mr Koch for stepping up and stating his position on this issue. It's entertaining to read all of the rants concerning personal rights on this forum and then read this thread full of people bashing Holiday Worlds right to state and enforce a policy on their private property. I know a lot of us on this forum get our feathers ruffled when we hear of a business establishment that has a no firearms policy and states with great indignation the "My shadow will never grace their doors again". I wonder how many of the people that have made that assertion over time about various issues were actually in a position to be in that establishment anyway? It's kinda like me saying I'll never go to Buca de Bepo because they xyz. Truth be known having been there once I'll never go back again. . . . . even if you're paying!

Those of us, myself included that choose to carry in some establishments in spite of their sign on the door are going to continue to do it, although silently no doubt. In this instance I'm willing to take the risk that the most dangerous thing I'm going to run into at Holiday World is some little twerp that's "all jacked up on Mountain Dew" and had one too many chilidogs.

To those of us that choose to never darken their doorsteps again, I applaud your conviction but in the long run it will only make the park a more enticing place for the large majority of their customer base.:patriot:

Now Dan about those free tickets. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .:laugh:

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson

No problem I will respect your right by not going and spending money at holiday wolrd. WIN WIN

Comp

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2009
    T H I N
    I also applaud and respect Mr Koch for his integrity to follow his own park's rules. However, I did notice some of his employees must not have the same level of integrity. I also have seen several Uniformed LEO carry there as well. I wish he were to impose the same rules on them, so, we are all on equal ground. Needless to say, I did see some printing and weapons outline on guests as well when I was there.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    How do you control the zombies without weapons?

g7U61.jpg

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    I'm glad Mr Koch wrote on here, My family is planning to go there this summer, I usually say "if I can't carry my gun, or a knife I ain't goin" but I'm still going to go, although I will be carrying a bladed "tool"

Top Bottom